View Full Version : Photo Gallery

Beach Comber
12-31-2007, 09:01 AM
Maybe I am missing a new place or a different step to get to it, but I am not finding the photo gallery. Help!

d’76
12-31-2007, 09:03 AM
Maybe I am missing a new place or a different step to get to it, but I am not finding the photo gallery. Help!

The photo gallery is down for a bit while rick works on it. You can find that info in the same place the con info was. LOL :)

Haffy
12-31-2007, 09:31 AM
Maybe it's time for a good New Years purge. I know some websites do that once a year. I do know that Rick could possibly purge some of the members that are listed,like ones that joined and never came back or never posted anything since they joined. Just a thought.

WhereRWe?
12-31-2007, 09:44 AM
I know some websites do that once a year. I do know that Rick could possibly purge some of the members that are listed,like ones that joined and never came back or never posted anything since they joined. Just a thought.

NUTS! We have a LOT of "lurkers". I would NEVER support a requirement that someone post in the forums to maintain their membership.

:eek: :eek:

And neither would I support deleting a member that hasn't been around in a while. I've been online for over 20 years, and there are MANY sites/organizations that I visit very infrequently. In fact, a quick check shows that I've joined about 20 geocaching organizations. Many of them I've never returned to, but I might at some time in the future.

tat
12-31-2007, 10:01 AM
I have the gallery temporally working again but there is still work I need to troubleshoot on it. You should be able to use it again.

You could get access by clicking on any of the photos on the home page, but we should probably have attroll confirm that photos are back on line and get the proper link back on the header.

Haffy
12-31-2007, 11:57 AM
NUTS! We have a LOT of "lurkers". I would NEVER support a requirement that someone post in the forums to maintain their membership.

:eek: :eek:

And neither would I support deleting a member that hasn't been around in a while. I've been online for over 20 years, and there are MANY sites/organizations that I visit very infrequently. In fact, a quick check shows that I've joined about 20 geocaching organizations. Many of them I've never returned to, but I might at some time in the future.

Like I said Bruce it was just a thought!!! So maybe it was a bad one..:eek:

attroll
12-31-2007, 01:26 PM
Yes the photos are back online and working.

darterkitfox
12-31-2007, 06:51 PM
how would you get out if you wanted to? I joined some other Maine geocache place and would rather be out of it but just like this one, I can't find an "unsubscribe".

I didn't mean it to sound like I wanted to get out of this one. Just wondering in case those other "lurkers" really would rather not be here.

Cache Maine
01-01-2008, 12:20 PM
how would you get out if you wanted to? I joined some other Maine geocache place and would rather be out of it but just like this one, I can't find an "unsubscribe".

I didn't mean it to sound like I wanted to get out of this one. Just wondering in case those other "lurkers" really would rather not be here.

Probably your best bet would be to email the admin or moderator and request to be removed. They will usually comply with your wishes.

We love the fact that you are here and think you should stay forever!

attroll
01-02-2008, 01:42 AM
Not to sound mean or anything but if you don't want to be part of it then just don't go to the web site anymore.

darterkitfox
01-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Because....I don't want MGA to think they have many more active members than they actually do, I don't want someone talking about deleting me because I only visited once like the thread that started here, I don't want someone to have access to my personal info from my profile, I don't want my name added to spyware somewhere because MGA shared it. Do you need any more reasons for someone to want out besides just not visiting the site?

attroll
01-02-2008, 02:31 PM
Because....I don't want MGA to think they have many more active members than they actually do, I don't want someone talking about deleting me because I only visited once like the thread that started here, I don't want someone to have access to my personal info from my profile, I don't want my name added to spyware somewhere because MGA shared it. Do you need any more reasons for someone to want out besides just not visiting the site?
I hope your not made at me. I was just making a suggestion. I can see your point and understand where you are coming from. I do not know how MGA's forum software works and how secure it is or if they release any information out to others but I can assure you that the software that we are using does not release any of the information you are worried about to anyone or anything. Also I the administrators of this site do not release any information about anyone without the consent of the person.

Beach Comber
01-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Yes the photos are back online and working.

Thanks Rick!!!