View Full Version : Still Alive

vicbiker
01-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Just to let everyone know, if anyone cares, I'm still alive. I haven't been online since Oct. As some of you know Cheryl and I decided to completely remodel our house. Starting with the foundation on up. At this time the foundation has been rebuilt, all the windows have been replaced, we have a new heating system, the whole interior has been "gutted", all the insulation has been installed. I'm working on the kitchen at the present time, just put in the new slate sink, now have to plumb it. Cheryl has been doing dishes in the bathtub since Nov. !!!

Doing this after work has kept me busy, and trying to beat the weather hasn't allow for much of anything else. Now we are at a spot where I can take a day off without the fear of us maybe freezing to death. So hopefuly will back in circulation, at least part time.

I've missed hearing from all of you. I'll try to make some of the up coming events. May even have time to host a winter camping event. Vic

Mainiac1957
01-01-2008, 06:35 PM
I've missed hearing from all of you. I'll try to make some of the up coming events. May even have time to host a winter camping event. Vic

Don't tease us Vic;) :p A winter camping event in your neighborhood would rock. And I know I speak for a few people.

Medawisla
01-01-2008, 06:39 PM
That is true Mainiac, but I'm also just glad that you're alive and well!! :cool: Good luck on the big home improvements! :)

d’76
01-01-2008, 07:02 PM
I stopped by one day and saw some of the renovations that Vic has been working on. He is one motivated guy. Everything looked great when I was there. Looking forward to seeing the finish product.

Team2hunt
01-01-2008, 07:40 PM
I thought the house was fine when we were there last year. Good luck with the renovations. Camping? Hmmm.....can I stay in the newly renovated guest bedroom? :p Look forward to seeing you again. Come to the WWWWWW4 and bring your snowshoes.

tat
01-01-2008, 09:22 PM
Glad to hear you're back!! There's a bunch of us that just can't get enough of the snow. And this is the year with plenty!! I bet the house looks great.

hollora
01-01-2008, 10:16 PM
Welcome back - or rather back in the forums. That is one serious undertaking - glad you have it completed. Winter camping isn't my thing but good to hear you are well - hope to see you at another event this winta!

vicbiker
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
The house is a long way from being finished yet, still have all the drywall to do, finish the wiring and the plumbing, finish the kitchen cabinets and build Cheryls new bathroom.The inside of the house right now is just studded walls and insulation, but if you have imagination you can see the end result.I knew when I started this was going to be a long process, maybe two years.Thats O.K. as long as there is a little time for geocaching and some snowshoeing this winter.

As far as the winter camping goes, I think we should do a repeat of last year. I'll just need some help from you guys, maybe a work party to cut some wood.Also some one to cohost and deal with online stuff so I can concentrate on my project.I don't want Cheryl to fire me!!!

firefighterjake
01-02-2008, 07:38 AM
It's good to hear from you Vic . . . I am doing the same thing in terms of renovations . . . only I work a lot slower and am doing a room by room renovation of the house. This winter's project is the mudroom/laundryroom and if I get really ambitious I may tackle the dining room. Living room has been slated for work in the Spring . . . I'm really happy with how our master bedroom and bath turned out . . . it's just that doing all the renovating has caused a serious crimp in my leisure time. ;):D

tat
01-02-2008, 10:51 AM

As far as the winter camping goes, I think we should do a repeat of last year. I'll just need some help from you guys, maybe a work party to cut some wood.Also some one to cohost and deal with online stuff so I can concentrate on my project.I don't want Cheryl to fire me!!!

I'd be glad to help in anyway. I'm sure a few of us would be very willing to help with the wood and get the site ready. I can easily help with posting the event like last year. Let us know what you want and when!

vicbiker
01-02-2008, 11:55 AM
I'd be glad to help in anyway. I'm sure a few of us would be very willing to help with the wood and get the site ready. I can easily help with posting the event like last year. Let us know what you want and when!Tom , I was hoping you would say just that, you know the whole routine, location, etc., so you are the best person to cohost the event again this year. I'll try to be available as much as possible, but in case I get real busy with the house I'll need to count on you. Maybe we can get a few of us together for a work weekend and pre campout? Thanks Tom.

tat
01-02-2008, 01:07 PM
Super! We have the snow, all we need this year is to pick a weekend for the pre-campout and one for the event!

Anyone have any preferences? It looks like 1/27, 2/2 and 2/23 already have events.

vicbiker
01-02-2008, 11:04 PM
Super! We have the snow, all we need this year is to pick a weekend for the pre-campout and one for the event!Tat, When did we do the first campout and the event last year? Was it in March? I can't remember, must be a age thing.

Anyone have any preferences? It looks like 1/27, 2/2 and 2/23 already have events.

Hiram357
01-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Tat, When did we do the first campout and the event last year? Was it in March? I can't remember, must be a age thing.

ya think the snow will be around that long... ??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D :D

Mainiac1957
01-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Tat, When did we do the first campout and the event last year? Was it in March? I can't remember, must be a age thing.

It was March 3rd;)

Medawisla
01-03-2008, 08:36 AM
It was March 3rd;)

Early March sounds great! :cool:

tat
01-03-2008, 09:39 AM
I just looked at the calender. We need two weeks notice to post the event. That rules out 12Jan. That leaves 19Jan, 9Feb, 16Feb and 1Mar.

If we pick 19Jan, we need to do it today!

So, what does everyone else think?

Mainiac1957
01-03-2008, 05:22 PM
for the first weekend in March. I have a lot going toward the end of the month.

vicbiker
01-03-2008, 08:01 PM
I agree with Brad, March is usually a warmer month.

vicbiker
01-04-2008, 06:26 PM
It's good to hear from you Vic . . . I am doing the same thing in terms of renovations . . . only I work a lot slower and am doing a room by room renovation of the house. This winter's project is the mudroom/laundryroom and if I get really ambitious I may tackle the dining room. Living room has been slated for work in the Spring . . . I'm really happy with how our master bedroom and bath turned out . . . it's just that doing all the renovating has caused a serious crimp in my leisure time. ;):DJake, As I was working on my house, I was reminded of all the work you did on your house last year. Especially the stories of not having any wall for a few weeks.The last week of Oct. I had the whole 34' rear wall of our house completely removed one afternoon when Cheryl came home from work. She about "**** herself" when she saw it. Not a problem I told her, just a few sheets of insulation board and a blanket for a door and we were back in buisness. A little cool for the next few mornings. I know you can relate.

Medawisla
01-28-2008, 07:10 PM
The event has been posted!!!:D:D:D
Whoo hoo!!!:D:D
Let it snow!!!!:D:cool:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=1d4bdddb-bd5e-42a0-921e-1a8af71bb7c1

firefighterjake
01-29-2008, 08:52 AM
The event has been posted!!!:D:D:D
Whoo hoo!!!:D:D
Let it snow!!!!:D:cool:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=1d4bdddb-bd5e-42a0-921e-1a8af71bb7c1

If it works out I may try sledding to the site again . . . hopefully I will have a much less exciting adventure this time around.

Medawisla
01-29-2008, 07:28 PM
If it works out I may try sledding to the site again . . . hopefully I will have a much less exciting adventure this time around.

YEH!:D:cool: Stay for dinner this time?

hollora
01-29-2008, 08:55 PM
YEH!:D:cool: Stay for dinner this time?

Have him bring something from UHOP!:cool: You could always warm it up!;)

Hiram357
01-29-2008, 10:01 PM

you should build a little camper with a wood stove in it that you can pull on the back of your sled, or maybe just cut an iceshack in half... that way you can stay over too :D