View Full Version : The Best and the Worst of 2007?

kayaking loon
01-06-2008, 10:11 AM
I'm snowed in and bored, can't go caching. Let's talk about the memorable moments and the few "bad" things that may have happened to us in 2007. I'll start..... memorable moment: finding WhereRWe & RULost2's "micro", that was my favorite cache this past year. And finding the cache under the bridge in Jackman after a DNF the evening before, and "becket's moose" coming out to join us in the hunt. The "bad": having someone take the logbook from the cache on our property twice (I assume not the same people each time, but why take a logbook?) And hunting and hunting for the cache on top of Mt. Battie because I really wanted to find that one and discovering later that I wasted all that time because someone had taken the cache....

So what was the best and the worst of your year??? :rolleyes:

Mainiac1957
01-06-2008, 05:15 PM
The best caching story of my year was going to Geowoodstock V:cool: as well as an event held for my 50th birthday.:D I really didn't have to much bad. I guess that one DNF in Vermont where I went grave diving kinda sucked.:eek: But the rest seemed good to me.;)

hollora
01-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Well, just got home from a week long trip and am catching up. Best - was a running journal for the adventures with Cache Maine as we pursued completing the DeLorme Challenge. So many adventures and memorable times. It just doesn't seem possible you could be soaked to the skin from a day of rain and just wan to keep caching and caching into the night.

The worst of the year - trying to catch a cache with my pregnant daughter while the two of us were on our way to her husband's weigh in for a fishing tournament........and slipping in the mud - falling into a puddle. I was quite the sight. Nothing the beach at the boat landing couldn't fix but I did get some odd looks standing there watching them weigh fish with me in soaking wet clothes.

Life's a journey and caching helps you fill in the pages..........

dubord207
01-06-2008, 06:26 PM
The best for Dianne and me (besides our recent engagement) was discovering caching....period! We've alway liked to hike and climb, I've always been competitive and liked puzzles, so voila, cache crazy fools we now are. The only thing in the "worst" category would be the stark realization that I don't have the skills to make my Palm work! We will attend the get togethers and hope there will be people there with a lot of patience and we'll get the #@!&* thing working!

darterkitfox
01-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Best: Camping with a lot of you in the backyard in Orrington, getting a gift in the mail from Hollera (my first gift in many years), winning the flash event coin so I have my own circulating out there, getting to the top of Bigelow mountain in Eustis for the cashe and not dying of a heart attack while doing it, and the halloween night cache in Scarborough.
Worst: Getting an infection from a tick, having a policeman tell us to leave the park in Lewiston while looking for Gob-lers micro, running out of batteries a long way from the store.

Medawisla
01-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Best: Tread Lightly Event 2007 and generally finding one of our favorite campgrounds: the Maine Wilderness Camps:cool: . All the events are good memories for me, like Slipping into Summer 2007 and Hiram going down the slip n slide!! :D :rolleyes:

Worst: The loss of "Jeep the Travel Bug", aka Hiram's legendary Jeep:( . At least part of it will live on with GTeam's Jeep

Don't worry Dubord: we got a palm and it didn't work out for us either! We like our lil laptop :cool:

Team2hunt
01-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Best: finding Nik! ( at the WWWWWW3 event ) see it was geocaching related. ;)

Worst: the time we spend together is too short.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thanks for the thread.

vicbiker
01-07-2008, 06:26 PM
Best: finding Nik! Wow, I didn't even know she was lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

WhereRWe?
01-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm snowed in and bored, can't go caching. Let's talk about the memorable moments and the few "bad" things that may have happened to us in 2007. I'll start..... memorable moment: finding WhereRWe & RULost2's "micro", that was my favorite cache this past year.

Sheesh! I LOVE IT!!! :D :D

We'll be putting a few new caches out in the spring. Nothing really unusual, but some nice locations. I do so much like this area of Maine...