View Full Version : Darts

dí76
01-13-2008, 02:44 PM
I need some help. I am looking for a store that sells darts, flights and shafts, ect. I have found lots of stuff online but when you by flights for a $1.10 and the shipping is the same or more, it doesnt make much sence to order them online. I have been to the local stores in Bangor and am now looking to brooden the search. If any one knows of stores in Maine excluding Bangor(I have exhausted all of them)I would be interensted.

Thanks

hollora
01-13-2008, 03:38 PM
Some churches have Dart Ball leagues.......and in our area the Bangor Rec Department used to coordinate them. Perhaps a group such as this would know where to look. Just an idea.

Haffy
01-13-2008, 05:23 PM
Just a suggestion but check your local bars as some of them host leagues and maybe they would have some insight where supplies can be bought. Just a suggestion. My oldest son belongs to a league and plays in bars in the area where he lives.

WhereRWe?
01-13-2008, 05:54 PM
I need some help. I am looking for a store that sells darts, flights and shafts, ect. I have found lots of stuff online but when you by flights for a $1.10 and the shipping is the same or more, it doesnt make much sence to order them online. I have been to the local stores in Bangor and am now looking to brooden the search. If any one knows of stores in Maine excluding Bangor(I have exhausted all of them)I would be interensted.

You could register at the Darts in Maine website (http://www.dartsinmaine.com/) and ask there... :D:D

Mainiac1957
01-13-2008, 06:17 PM
I would try Dick's. They seem to have most all sports things.

dí76
01-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Just a suggestion but check your local bars as some of them host leagues and maybe they would have some insight where supplies can be bought. Just a suggestion. My oldest son belongs to a league and plays in bars in the area where he lives.

Been there done that. I couldnt find anything in the bangor area

You could register at the Darts in Maine website (http://www.dartsinmaine.com/) and ask there... :D:D

Thanks Bruce. I knew the close dart league was Saco but I didnt know they had there own website

I would try Dick's. They seem to have most all sports things.

Thats where I bought my new darts and they are ok but they are terrible for flights and shafts, and most of the time they are out of stock.

Thanks everyone. I think I am getting better. I threw 3 bulls eyes in a row today. that felt pretty good.

Hiram357
01-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Thanks everyone. I think I am getting better. I threw 3 bulls eyes in a row today. that felt pretty good.

sure, but were you actually aiming for those bulls??? :D

dí76
01-13-2008, 11:02 PM
sure, but were you actually aiming for those bulls??? :D

Of course I was

Medawisla
01-14-2008, 07:47 AM
Of course I was

The poor bulls, now their blind! :(:rolleyes:

DiverDave1998
01-14-2008, 10:03 AM
Dicks Sporting Goods has darts

Dave and Gail
01-14-2008, 02:58 PM
Please don't give Dave any help with his darts!!!! He has been kicking our butts consistantly, so let him shoot with bent shafts and torn flights. Hear that Dave,,,,,nobody sells replacement parts for your darts,,and you need to drink more when you throw. LOL:D

Hiram357
01-14-2008, 04:00 PM
Please don't give Dave any help with his darts!!!! He has been kicking our butts consistantly, so let him shoot with bent shafts and torn flights. Hear that Dave,,,,,nobody sells replacement parts for your darts,,and you need to drink more when you throw. LOL:D

haha, that's funny... we'll hafta get together sometime so I can show ya how it's done, I do have one rule when I play though, I can only play after a minimum of 3 beers, any less than that and i can't throw for beans... (seriously I get better as the night goes on, and I can stand on my head...) :D:D

Haffy
01-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Dicks Sporting Goods has darts

Hmm, do I hear an echo in here? :rolleyes:

Haffy
01-14-2008, 05:49 PM
I'll take any of yous guys on anytime, I used to be a champ for many years.

Hiram357
01-14-2008, 10:26 PM
I used to be a champ for many years.

Keywords "USED TO BE..." ;):p:D

Haffy
01-15-2008, 05:46 PM
Come on let's do it!!!! 301,501,Cricket,any of em...

dí76
01-15-2008, 05:50 PM
Come on let's do it!!!! 301,501,Cricket,any of em...

Cricket is the game I perfer, it takes less math then 301 and 501, I think that I am better at cricket also. here you can play all three

http://www.candystand.com/play.do?id=17833

Hiram357
01-15-2008, 06:04 PM
Cricket is the game I perfer, it takes less math then 301 and 501, I think that I am better at cricket also. here you can play all three

http://www.candystand.com/play.do?id=17833

lol, i like cricket for those same reasons too, less math and more beer i always say! :D