View Full Version : RE: Computer geek advice needed

firefighterjake
01-14-2008, 02:03 PM
http://www.imagetex.com/albums/userpics/10247/dogenginesmall.jpg

Is this a decent computer set-up? I'm considering updating my old Dell Dimension which I bought over five years ago.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion-m8300f-Media-Center-Desktop-PC-M8300F/sem/rpsm/oid/200249/catOid/-12962/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Hiram357
01-14-2008, 03:57 PM
http://www.imagetex.com/albums/userpics/10247/dogenginesmall.jpg

Is this a decent computer set-up? I'm considering updating my old Dell Dimension which I bought over five years ago.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-Pavilion-m8300f-Media-Center-Desktop-PC-M8300F/sem/rpsm/oid/200249/catOid/-12962/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

it has a remote control!?!?! that's fancy... :D

what the heck is a light scribe device???? :confused:

btw... is that the real jake on the bumper??? :confused::D

tat
01-14-2008, 04:15 PM
It comes with Windows Vista. I don't want to sound like I'm knocking Vista, but be sure you can afford it.

Software designed for XP may not be able to run on Vista. If you plan on re-using software from your ould machine, make sure it can be migrated. Maptech, for example, can be installed on Vista, but they charge $199 per state to upgrade their viewing software to Vista. I own maps for 8 states!

brdad
01-14-2008, 04:20 PM
Sometimes too much is better than not enough. I had a TV card in my last computer and used it semi-regularly and even would like to get one for my new one. They are great for recording news articles to MPG. On the flip side, I ran into compatibility issues with some software that took a while to figure out. But it was worth it to me. I thought the remote was neat, but like a new exercise machine it got old fast and it's been in the back of the drawer since. I imagine it'd be nice in a dorm room or bedroom if you want to use the computer for both for TV and PC to save space.

As far as light scribe, it's a special CD/DVD drive which can print titles directly onto the disk, which could be handy if you made a lot of CDs.

I'm not a fan of Norton, so that'd be one of the first things I'd be removing early on and replacing with one of the less expensive and 'computer overtaking' ones available. You'll be in for a new learning curve with Vista too, but there are not many options for new PCs with XP now.

Other than that, it looks like a decent setup to me. It'd be nice to find a few reviews online, but I couldn't seem to find any.

WhereRWe?
01-14-2008, 04:21 PM
It comes with Windows Vista. I don't want to sound like I'm knocking Vista, but be sure you can afford it.

Software designed for XP may not be able to run on Vista. If you plan on re-using software from your ould machine, make sure it can be migrated. Maptech, for example, can be installed on Vista, but they charge $199 per state to upgrade their viewing software to Vista. I own maps for 8 states!

The two most important factors: it has a high speed CPU, and 3GB memory. (Price is pretty good, too.)

As for Windows Vista, I haven't had any problems with software crashes our Two Vista computers (All our programs were transferred from Windows XP computers). And with the good CPU and lots of memory, you'll have no problems running Vista.

I also bought a $35 Belkin Vista transfer cable at WalMart. It was pricey, but really made the transfer of software from old computer to new computer a breeze.

But don't you really need a new laptop, instead? LOL! ;);)

Gob-ler
01-14-2008, 06:11 PM
I too have upgraded to vista and am very pleased. I only had one program that absolutely refused to run and I ditched that. Go for it!

attroll
01-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Well I must be a real computer geek. Right now I have two monitors on my computer and I am thinking of getting a third one. I have so many windows open and am doing so many thing it sure is nice to have more monitors so I can spread the open windows out on them.

With 3 GB of memory you will need to have Vista. The old XP will not recognize and use any memory above 2 GB.

I have also been thinking about making the jump to Vista but I am scared because of some of the stories I have heard. All those stories included upgrading from XP. I have never heard any bad stories about any computers coming preinstalled with Vista.

The nice thing about the remote and TV tuner for me is I can use my second monitor as a TV and I can use it just like a TIVO.

For the average computer user this will be more than enough in my opion.

tat
01-14-2008, 08:38 PM
I hope I did not sound too negative in my post. I do like Vista, especially the chess game! :) The problem I had was not with Vista, but the vendors I bought hardware and software from.

I have 25 programs that I do not want to be without. All worked fine except Maptech Terrain Navigator (mentioned before), GSAK (needs to be upgraded), Distant Suns (gives an error message at start up and then works fine) and Microsoft ActiveSync.

So, if you haven't purchased one of those products yet, you won't have trouble because their latest versions are Vista compatible.

The point is: Be sure Vista is not going to be a problem with the software you already own. You may find the same problem with hardware.

1. Make a list of all the software titles and hardware you own and want to install on the new machine.

2. Check with their website to see that the software and driver are compatible or an update is available.

3. Download all the files and have them ready.

P.S. If someone knows how to get my phone to share the internet using Vista, I'd love to know.

Medawisla
01-14-2008, 09:58 PM
[quote=tat;38368]I hope I did not sound too negative in my post. I do like Vista, especially the chess game! :) [quote]

Have you beaten the chess game!! wow! :o
Vista comes with lots of games!:D

Gob-ler
01-15-2008, 12:00 AM
When I upgraded it was from XP to Vista on the home machine and there really were no hitches or problems. My CD writing program had to have a vista patch, but vista went and found the patch that was needed and did the upgrade by itself. I too was skeptical about Vista, but having used it now for a couple of months I really like it a lot.

The only real issues that I have heard about involve some Dell Desktops and that involved having to do a backup of data and then wiping the drive to do a clean vista install.

I have a HP Laptop and it came with Vista.

Never look back.

Hiram357
01-15-2008, 08:57 AM
When I upgraded it was from XP to Vista on the home machine and there really were no hitches or problems. My CD writing program had to have a vista patch, but vista went and found the patch that was needed and did the upgrade by itself. I too was skeptical about Vista, but having used it now for a couple of months I really like it a lot.

The only real issues that I have heard about involve some Dell Desktops and that involved having to do a backup of data and then wiping the drive to do a clean vista install.

I have a HP Laptop and it came with Vista.

Never look back.

Dude! I've got a dell!!..... and it hates the vista upgrade... :(

talk about better, faster, stronger... it's just the opposite... it's like switching from a garmin to a magellan... :D

it likes to randomly lock up, it's slower, i've only had a few problems with programs that quit working on me... (ironicly they've been windows programs that quit... and still didn't work after downloading patches...)

other than those few issues it works great...

firefighterjake
01-15-2008, 09:35 AM
it has a remote control!?!?! that's fancy... :D

what the heck is a light scribe device???? :confused:

btw... is that the real jake on the bumper??? :confused::D

I believe the remote is for the TV viewing aspect . . . but I'm not positive.

Light scribe device is a method to etch in a silkscreen type image to a burned DVD.

Nope . . . Jake is (or rather was since he has since died) a basset hound . . . that is (or rather was) Bubba, one of our firefighter's dalmatians.

firefighterjake
01-15-2008, 09:37 AM

Honestly if it were up to me I probably wouldn't go with Vista . . . but it seems as though just about every company out there has made the switch . . . looks like it's just a matter of time before we all go that way.

firefighterjake
01-15-2008, 09:38 AM
Sometimes too much is better than not enough. I had a TV card in my last computer and used it semi-regularly and even would like to get one for my new one. They are great for recording news articles to MPG. On the flip side, I ran into compatibility issues with some software that took a while to figure out. But it was worth it to me. I thought the remote was neat, but like a new exercise machine it got old fast and it's been in the back of the drawer since. I imagine it'd be nice in a dorm room or bedroom if you want to use the computer for both for TV and PC to save space.

As far as light scribe, it's a special CD/DVD drive which can print titles directly onto the disk, which could be handy if you made a lot of CDs.

I'm not a fan of Norton, so that'd be one of the first things I'd be removing early on and replacing with one of the less expensive and 'computer overtaking' ones available. You'll be in for a new learning curve with Vista too, but there are not many options for new PCs with XP now.

Other than that, it looks like a decent setup to me. It'd be nice to find a few reviews online, but I couldn't seem to find any.

I did check out a few reviews and user opinions of some similar set-ups and mostly they were favorable.

Any suggestions for anti-virus software . . . if memory serves me correctly there are a few that are free and available for downloading on-line. Any one have experience with those?

firefighterjake
01-15-2008, 09:40 AM
The two most important factors: it has a high speed CPU, and 3GB memory. (Price is pretty good, too.)

As for Windows Vista, I haven't had any problems with software crashes our Two Vista computers (All our programs were transferred from Windows XP computers). And with the good CPU and lots of memory, you'll have no problems running Vista.

I also bought a $35 Belkin Vista transfer cable at WalMart. It was pricey, but really made the transfer of software from old computer to new computer a breeze.

But don't you really need a new laptop, instead? LOL! ;);)

How does the Belkin Vista transfer cable work exactly?

Laptop . . . nah, I have my faithful Palm for geocaching . . . and I'm getting a desktop for expandability and use for gaming (I'll most likely be adding in a higher end video card before setting this up.)

brdad
01-15-2008, 10:43 AM
I did check out a few reviews and user opinions of some similar set-ups and mostly they were favorable.

Any suggestions for anti-virus software . . . if memory serves me correctly there are a few that are free and available for downloading on-line. Any one have experience with those?

I have used the Avast! (http://www.avast.com/) free home version for a few years now without a hitch. It doesn't seem to hog resources, and I have not gotten a virus yet while using it, but it has caught about 15 I would guess. You will have to log onto the Avast web site every so often (60 days maybe?) and get a new registration number, but it's an easy process. I think they do it to make sure people stay up to date.

Team Ducky
01-15-2008, 11:46 AM
A machine pre-installed with Vista is the way to go. Upgrading from XP would be a noightmare. The specs look decent. What is the main purpose of the computer?

firefighterjake
01-15-2008, 12:10 PM
A machine pre-installed with Vista is the way to go. Upgrading from XP would be a noightmare. The specs look decent. What is the main purpose of the computer?

World domination. ;):D

firefighterjake
01-15-2008, 12:14 PM

OK, and now the serious answer . . . mostly I use the computer at home for word processing (no real memory hog there), the internet/e-mail (ditto on the memory issues . . . although I'm hoping to get DSL in another year or two and then watch Netflix movies through the DSL which may mean there will be some memory issues) and gaming (which in reality is why I opted to buy rather than upgrade . . . for the newest game my wife bought me I needed more RAM, a better video card and a DVD player . . . while I might have been able to put the components in -- I'm not sure if I had the expansion slots though since I only cracked the case one time to put a new video card in there -- I figured I still would only have given the computer a tune-up so to speak as the motor -- the CPU -- would still be limited to 2.4ghz and would be a single core processor.)

Gob-ler
01-15-2008, 04:02 PM
For anti virus AVG gets strong reviews. At MSN.com there is a section right now devoted to programs that the computer user needs, all free.

tat
01-15-2008, 04:26 PM
A machine pre-installed with Vista is the way to go. Upgrading from XP would be a noightmare. ...

I suspect upgrading is the biggest cause for Vista's problems. From the people I've talked to, Vista does not do well with less than 2gig of ram, while XP cannot access more than 2gig. And, if the hardware was designed for XP, the updated drivers may not be as effective.

One thing is certain: Hardware and Software vendors will eventually stop developing on the XP platform. Sooner or later, the Vista will be a better alternative than XP. I'm hoping Linux or Apple will be better than Microsoft.

I have been using the full version of Grisoft AVG on XP. I've had only one attack and the software took care of it cleanly. On this machine, I'm trying just the free version and so far, so good.

firefighterjake
01-15-2008, 04:52 PM
For anti virus AVG gets strong reviews. At MSN.com there is a section right now devoted to programs that the computer user needs, all free.

Thanks for the heads-up Gob-ler . . . noticed that myself earlier today and I dutifully copied down the programs that I thought would be beneficial for my needs and wants.

Haffy
01-15-2008, 05:59 PM
I have been using the full version of Grisoft AVG on XP. I've had only one attack and the software took care of it cleanly. On this machine, I'm trying just the free version and so far, so good.

I've been using the free version of AVG for over 4 years now and have had only 2 attacks I think and it took care of both of them. Well worth the price...:D

Hiram357
01-15-2008, 06:06 PM
hey, does the computer actually get channels? or do you have to subscribe to somethin? or does it plug into cable??? how do it know??? :confused::confused::confused:

brdad
01-15-2008, 08:33 PM
hey, does the computer actually get channels? or do you have to subscribe to somethin? or does it plug into cable??? how do it know??? :confused::confused::confused:

Yes, you can attach your cable TV wire right to it, or an aerial will give you local stations.

That reminds me of one thing - If you get a system with a TV tuner, and it's analog, it will not work for local broadcasting anymore after February 17, 2009. You may want to ask if the computer has a digital tuner just so you know. Plus, it'll be fun to watch the kid at the store try to figure it out. :D

Hiram357
01-15-2008, 09:50 PM
Yes, you can attach your cable TV wire right to it, or an aerial will give you local stations.

That reminds me of one thing - If you get a system with a TV tuner, and it's analog, it will not work for local broadcasting anymore after February 17, 2009. You may want to ask if the computer has a digital tuner just so you know. Plus, it'll be fun to watch the kid at the store try to figure it out. :D

ok, well heres my next question then... our apt building has very thick walls, even with the most expensive set of rabbit ears RadioHack had to offer, all we can get for tv channels is the blue channel, vertical line channel, and the snow channel. And I'm too cheap to fork over $40 a month for cable that I'll only watch a few hours a month anyways... So would somethin like this even be of use to me given my current situation??

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 07:55 AM

I believe it can do both analog and digital . . . but if for some reason it's just analog I figure I'll wait until the Feds start offering the low-cost digital tuner program and pick up one then.

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 08:04 AM
Update . . . so far, so good.

Installed a new video card last night and then started loading up some of my wife's games . . . most of them loaded and play with no issues. I have had a couple of older games that were giving me some problems . . . so I'll come back to them later (maybe after seeing if there is a patch or update for them.)

I also tried, but failed to make the connection to my local ISP . . . I think I'll need to call them today to have them walk me through the proper steps since it's been a long time since I've set up the internet connection and e-mail account.

I also removed Norton from the computer (based on the advice here and from folks at another forum) as well as the 60-day trial Microsoft Office program . . . figured I might as well get rid of it now since I won't be buying it.

In the next few days after getting connected to the internet I'm planning on removing more bloatware (and will most likely be asking you folks what is safe to remove and what should I keep . . . especially for the start-up since it seems to take quite a while to boot up.) I'm also planning on checking on patches and updates for software, the video card and Vista and getting an anti-virus program . . . or two.

I do have one question though . . . I have an older style printer with the older style cord . . . think wide with lots of pins . . . and there is no such connector on this computer . . . does this mean I need a new printer or is there an adapter to go from the old style cord to a USB?

Finally, before I wrapped things up last night I loaded up the game that Heidi gave me for Christmas . . . WHOA! Rock my world . . . even on some of the low settings (I intend to play around with these later and see how high I can set them) Call of Duty 4 was wicked. . . . I only stopped playing after I died . . . and I needed to go to bed early anyways (I was up to 1 the night . . . well technically the morning . . . before.)

Cache Maine
01-16-2008, 08:37 AM
I do have one question though . . . I have an older style printer with the older style cord . . . think wide with lots of pins . . . and there is no such connector on this computer . . . does this mean I need a new printer or is there an adapter to go from the old style cord to a USB?

Hiya,

That's a parallel printer connection. They do offer a parallel to usb cable but it's expensive. $42.00 at staples.....they are not always reliable and sometimes just don't work. Maybe it's time you upgraded your printer too? Usually, they have the new ones pretty cheap.

brdad
01-16-2008, 09:43 AM
ok, well heres my next question then... our apt building has very thick walls, even with the most expensive set of rabbit ears RadioHack had to offer, all we can get for tv channels is the blue channel, vertical line channel, and the snow channel. And I'm too cheap to fork over $40 a month for cable that I'll only watch a few hours a month anyways... So would something like this even be of use to me given my current situation??

I'd gamble you can expect less reception with the TV card than a conventional TV. My card's specs specifications stated it required a cable TV signal or an amplified antenna signal. I had an amp hooked up to a large outdoor aerial and still got poor reception at times. Works great on cable, however. IIRC, my sister got cable service in Brewer that just had the local channels - I think this is a service they supply normally to supplement Sat TV owners who want to get local channels. Might be worth checking in to. Maybe someone here can elaborate on that.

I believe weaker tuners are common in modern day TVs - TV stations put out more power than in past years, and TV manufacturers expect the majority of TVs to be connected to cable or satellite.

You'll also find when we move to all digital broadcast, there will be no snow. There is no partial signal - either you will get the station, or you'll get nothing.

I believe it can do both analog and digital . . . but if for some reason it's just analog I figure I'll wait until the Feds start offering the low-cost digital tuner program and pick up one then.

Don't take this for granted with any TV - I know someone who recently spent $$$ on a big LCD TV thinking because it was a digital TV that he was set. Just because the screen is digital does not mean the tuner is.

The downside of using the external tuner is you'll be changing channels with yet another remote since you will be leaving the PCTV channel set to 3. This also makes recording TV shows trickier.

I think early this year stores or manufacturers are going to be required to put labels on all TVs that do not have digital tuners.

I also second the motion on a new printer. It won't cost much more than the adapter, and you'll have less hassles.

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Hiya,

That's a parallel printer connection. They do offer a parallel to usb cable but it's expensive. $42.00 at staples.....they are not always reliable and sometimes just don't work. Maybe it's time you upgraded your printer too? Usually, they have the new ones pretty cheap.

Hmmm . . . I found one at NewEgg for a bit less (well someone on a different forum actually found it and showed me the link) . . . I may try going this route if I can do it for less than $10 . . . if not, yeah, I realize printers are pretty cheap and I may just get a new computer . . . it's just that I'm a die-hard Yankee (I have the flannel shirts to prove it) and I hate to just throw something out that has provided me with years of faithful service.

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 02:42 PM
. . .
You'll also find when we move to all digital broadcast, there will be no snow. There is no partial signal - either you will get the station, or you'll get nothing.

. . .

Well yes and no . . . if I'm receiving a HDTV or digital signal from WABI I always get good reception (since I'm just a few miles from the Dixmont Tower), but HDTV and digital signals from the NBC affiliates (I live on the edge of the northern and southern stations) is hit or miss . . . sometimes the signal is good and I get a nice, crystal-clear pic, at other times I get nothing from a blank screen and then at times I get pixellation and frozen screens and then the pic returns for a brief few seconds in "normal" digital picture mode before freezing/pixellating again . . . in either of the last two cases the picture isn't really viewable in either case (so in this respect you're right.)

All in all, I really like HDTV and digital signals and hate it when I have to watch something in analog . . . that said I'm also looking forward to the day when the TV stations begin cranking out their digital signal at full power . . . supposedly some stations still are running at less than full power while they run both digital and analog transmitters.

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 03:16 PM
. . .

Don't take this for granted with any TV - I know someone who recently spent $$$ on a big LCD TV thinking because it was a digital TV that he was set. Just because the screen is digital does not mean the tuner is.

The downside of using the external tuner is you'll be changing channels with yet another remote since you will be leaving the PCTV channel set to 3. This also makes recording TV shows trickier.

I think early this year stores or manufacturers are going to be required to put labels on all TVs that do not have digital tuners.

I also second the motion on a new printer. It won't cost much more than the adapter, and you'll have less hassles.

Well I had to look back at the specs and this is what I found . . .

The video card I purchased allows for both SD and HDTV output.

The computer I have bought has a built-in ATSC (as well as the NTSC) tuner . . . so it's digital, but I'm unsure if it is HDTV.

Most importantly . . . the old Dell 19 inch TV/monitor that I am now using (formerly I used this as a TV in the bedroom until my wife and I got tired of squinting at the TV all the time . . . we've since replaced this with a 26 inch Panasonic LCD) however is only HDTV-ready . . . it handles the digital signals, but apparently doesn't do HDTV.

That said I've done some simple math . . . We technically have four TVs in the house (counting the monitor/TV). We have seven pairs of eyes in the house (for a total of 14 eyes). However, of those pairs of eyes only two pair belong to human beings . . . therefore unless the cats suddenly develop a great urge to watch a TV program that my wife and I aren't watching we should be OK with "just" two HDTVs, one TV that can receive digital signals and one TV that is entirely analog so I probably won't be watching much broadcast or satellite TV via the computer monitor/TV . . . besides it's much more comfy watching the Pats play while sitting in my easy chair in the living room or while sprawled out on the bed. ;):D

Hiram357
01-16-2008, 04:15 PM
Finally, before I wrapped things up last night I loaded up the game that Heidi gave me for Christmas . . . WHOA! Rock my world . . . even on some of the low settings (I intend to play around with these later and see how high I can set them) Call of Duty 4 was wicked. . . . I only stopped playing after I died . . . and I needed to go to bed early anyways (I was up to 1 the night . . . well technically the morning . . . before.)

you need to get Halo2 and a good internet connection and we can go head 2 head!!! :D:D

(also halflife2 and the new halflife are highly recomended, but personally im addicted to guildwars) :D

WhereRWe?
01-16-2008, 07:07 PM
Here's a good blog (http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=349&tag=nl.e590) from ZDNet on WindowsXP/Vista. :D:D

Medawisla
01-16-2008, 10:07 PM
you need to get Halo2 and a good internet connection and we can go head 2 head!!! :D:D

(also halflife2 and the new halflife are highly recomended, but personally im addicted to guildwars) :D

...I'm addicted to Club Penguin :D:rolleyes::p

Cache Maine
01-17-2008, 07:55 AM
...I'm addicted to Club Penguin :D:rolleyes::p

You guys need to get into Parking Wars so I can park on your streets. :)

firefighterjake
01-17-2008, 09:32 AM

Well with DSL costing $45 a month it may be awhile before I can justify spending an extra $30/month for faster service . . . I once tried playing an on-line game a few years back . . . needless to say I was slaughtered since I was a) a total noob and b) my dial-up connection meant I was always responding too late.

brdad
01-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Well with DSL costing $45 a month it may be awhile before I can justify spending an extra $30/month for faster service . . . I once tried playing an on-line game a few years back . . . needless to say I was slaughtered since I was a) a total noob and b) my dial-up connection meant I was always responding too late.

Do you have Verizon? Their slow (768 Kbps) DSL is under $20 a month, that's what my mother uses. It's not as fast as the good stuff, but it sure beats dial up any day.

Edit: Just checked to make sure. Currently the deal is: First month FREE; $12.99/mo. (months 2-6); $17.99/mo. (months 7-12). of course those hidden taxes and surcharges bring it up to $20.

darterkitfox
01-17-2008, 09:48 AM
I sure wish I could get Verizon up my way. In North Norway, we didn't even have air until 30 years ago. Electricity followed. It will be another 50 years before DSL arrives.

firefighterjake
01-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Do you have Verizon? Their slow (768 Kbps) DSL is under $20 a month, that's what my mother uses. It's not as fast as the good stuff, but it sure beats dial up any day.

Edit: Just checked to make sure. Currently the deal is: First month FREE; $12.99/mo. (months 2-6); $17.99/mo. (months 7-12). of course those hidden taxes and surcharges bring it up to $20.

Nope . . . I'm "lucky" enough to be in one of the few areas of Maine that still has their very own locally-owned and operated telephone companies -- Unitel (formerly Unity Telephone) which was run for many years by Bert Clifford who helped create the Field of Dreams (where TRF placed a cache) and started up Unicel . . . along with a few other companies.

hollora
01-17-2008, 06:30 PM
I sure wish I could get Verizon up my way. In North Norway, we didn't even have air until 30 years ago. Electricity followed. It will be another 50 years before DSL arrives.

We hear you in Orrington - little fiber optic cable in town and it's mingled with old copper all over. Verizon has no plans to improve this "in many years". We are stuck with Cable for hi-speed or satellite. And there are areas of town where cable does not, will not and can not because of housing density exist.

But that's not as bad as my son in Bangor - where his end of the street can not get Verizon but across Griffin Road they have it. Same story - some day but now soon.

Hiram357
01-17-2008, 07:41 PM
We hear you in Orrington - little fiber optic cable in town and it's mingled with old copper all over. Verizon has no plans to improve this "in many years". We are stuck with Cable for hi-speed or satellite. And there are areas of town where cable does not, will not and can not because of housing density exist.

But that's not as bad as my son in Bangor - where his end of the street can not get Verizon but across Griffin Road they have it. Same story - some day but now soon.

Don't worry, I'm sure fairpoint will make all necessary upgrades in the future... :D

dubord207
01-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Is it 2500 GPM Two Stage Hale pump with side mount controls and Cyclone II Chassis? Maybe I don't get what this is all about?