View Full Version : New Visitor message

Haffy
01-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I like the new visitor message thingy that you added Rick after the upgrade. Just another thing we can appreciate that you do for the site. Thanks Rick

Medawisla
01-14-2008, 06:07 PM
I like the new visitor message thingy that you added Rick after the upgrade. Just another thing we can appreciate that you do for the site. Thanks Rick

what new visitor message thingy? :confused:

d’76
01-14-2008, 06:19 PM
what new visitor message thingy? :confused:

Yah what Medaweewee said

Medawisla
01-14-2008, 06:28 PM
Yah what Medaweewee said

But I do like the new profile pages :cool::D

attroll
01-14-2008, 07:59 PM
I am a little confused as to what he is talking about too?

Haffy
01-14-2008, 08:19 PM
When you click on the new member name on the bottom left hand side. You have a chance to welcome the new member.
Also what happened to the heading "Today's Posts" at the top?

Medawisla
01-14-2008, 10:00 PM
When you click on the new member name on the bottom left hand side. You have a chance to welcome the new member.
Also what happened to the heading "Today's Posts" at the top?

New Posts are new since your last visit. Once you check all those, if you click New Posts it'll give you an option to click for posts posted in the last 24 hours. :)

I think Rick took the Today's Posts button off to make room for the Forums button to appear on every page now...maybe

attroll
01-14-2008, 11:01 PM
Oh I see what you mean now Haffy. Actually that is not new. It does the same thing it has always done. It brings you to the members profile. It is the members profile section that has changed.

EvilHomer
01-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Fancy meeting you here. :)

attroll
01-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Yes what a coincidence.

darterkitfox
01-15-2008, 03:56 PM
Just a how do they do it question. How does the site know when I have read all the posts and clear them for the next visit? Each message is not separated from the last one yet if I don't make it through them all, they are there next time. If I finish they aren't. Is it a computer fairy?

firefighterjake
01-15-2008, 04:49 PM

So I guess you remember Rick . . . actually weren't you a member on Rick's Snowmobile site for awhile too Homer?

Medawisla
01-15-2008, 06:20 PM
Darter, I thought FFJ was responding to you:

D: Is there a computer fairy?
FFJ: So you remember Rick...

hahahahahaha, I'm pretty sure Tink is the fairy. ;)

hollora
01-15-2008, 08:34 PM

And D - Tink is Atroll's other half in case you did not know.........

attroll
01-16-2008, 02:48 AM
So I guess you remember Rick . . . actually weren't you a member on Rick's Snowmobile site for awhile too Homer?
Jake for your information www.mainesledder.com (http://www.mainesledder.com) is back up and running. So there is no use to be about it. LOL. You may want to log on a check it out. Were getting quite a bet ot new members now and it stays pretty active.

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 07:45 AM

Nope . . . referring back to Evil Homer . . . Attroll and I know him from a snowmobile forum.

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Jake for your information www.mainesledder.com (http://www.mainesledder.com) is back up and running. So there is no use to be about it. LOL. You may want to log on a check it out. Were getting quite a bet ot new members now and it stays pretty active.

I heard . . . glad that you and what's-his-name from sledmaine.com were able to hook up and come up with a deal . . . I haven't been back there for some time though . . . too many forums and not enough time in the workday. ;):D