View Full Version : Microwave

dí76
01-15-2008, 06:09 PM
It dawned me a few minutes ago that the only thing I use a microwave for is popcorn... which brings me to my question

Does anybody else think that the popcorn button on the micro is the best invention ever?

Medawisla
01-15-2008, 06:13 PM
It dawned me a few minutes ago that the only thing I use a microwave for is popcorn... which brings me to my question

Does anybody else think that the popcorn button on the micro is the best invention ever?

Is this thread a test of the light bulb scenario? :confused:;)

vicbiker
01-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Dave, tell me its not true....you don't really eat microwave popcorn....this could seriously reduce your life expectancy!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hiram357
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM

microwave popcorn.... blech...

I prefer it popped in the pot or air popped (in the pot would be my first choice though...)

:D

dí76
01-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Dave, tell me its not true....you don't really eat microwave popcorn....this could seriously reduce your life expectancy!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Popcorn is certainly not a concern for life expectancy since I had my mid life crisis at 26, thats how I can explain Girlmate.

darterkitfox
01-15-2008, 11:13 PM
It cuts the life expectancy of the swimmers though. Why do you think my wife and I are 50 and have no kids?

attroll
01-16-2008, 02:37 AM
We cook everything in our microwave. We bake, roast and you name any type of cooking we can do it in our microwave. We do not have a oven because all our cooking is done in the microwave.

Mainiac1957
01-16-2008, 07:24 AM
We cook everything in our microwave. We bake, roast and you name any type of cooking we can do it in our microwave. We do not have a oven because all our cooking is done in the microwave.

You mean to tell me that Donna's brownies come out of a microwave??:eek: I think you're pull our collective legs here!!:rolleyes:;)

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 07:48 AM

Geez, you must have one of those fancy, high-tech microwaves . . . I don't have a popcorn button on my microwave . . . then again I can only read about half of each number since the LED read-out has gone a little funky in the last year or so. ;):D

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 07:50 AM
Is this thread a test of the light bulb scenario? :confused:;)

Yup . . . but WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT LIGHTBULBS, THE TOPIC IS POPCORN.

There I covered two of the categories of the lightbulb scenario . . . . ;):D

Next time I'll try to post some pics of my microwave cooking up a bag of popcorn. . . . and then others can post similar pics. ;):D

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 07:52 AM

Everything's out to kill us these days if you listen to the fear-mongers . . . my philosophy is to eat, drink and be merry for death comes for us all sooner or later and while I would rather it be later than sooner when I die I don't want to look back and think, "You know, I really wish I had that ice cream sundae instead of those celery sticks for dinner last night." ;):D

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 07:53 AM
It cuts the life expectancy of the swimmers though. Why do you think my wife and I are 50 and have no kids?

And here I just thought you guys were smart. . . .;):D All the time it was just microwave popcorn!

dí76
01-16-2008, 08:03 AM
Geez, you must have one of those fancy, high-tech microwaves . . . I don't have a popcorn button on my microwave . . . then again I can only read about half of each number since the LED read-out has gone a little funky in the last year or so. ;):D

That fancy new computer your about to buy will probably pop it for you.:D

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 08:05 AM
That fancy new computer your about to buy will probably pop it for you.:D

Hmmm . . . you might be right Dave . . . I'll look it over tonight to see where the microwave popcorn goes in . . . I did notice there is a large bay in the front where a bag would fit in nicely! ;):D

dí76
01-16-2008, 08:07 AM
Hmmm . . . you might be right Dave . . . I'll look it over tonight to see where the microwave popcorn goes in . . . I did notice there is a large bay in the front where a bag would fit in nicely! ;):D

A bag you say...;) thats a good place to hid it I guess

Cache Maine
01-16-2008, 08:42 AM
You mean to tell me that Donna's brownies come out of a microwave??:eek: I think you're pull our collective legs here!!:rolleyes:;)

She must use someone else's oven....what's that called......Surrogate Cooking? :eek::D

brdad
01-16-2008, 10:00 AM
Maybe she just gets them from the bakery. :)

Sudonim
01-16-2008, 11:11 AM
She must use someone else's oven....what's that called......Surrogate Cooking? :eek::D

I think surrogates are for BUNS in the oven, not brownies:p

firefighterjake
01-16-2008, 02:28 PM
I think surrogates are for BUNS in the oven, not brownies:p

And we have our winner for the Geocachingmaine.com "Best One-liner of the Day." :D:D:D

Hiram357
01-16-2008, 04:16 PM
A bag you say...;) thats a good place to hid it I guess

i think he was referring to the "POPCORN BAG" dave... :p

Medawisla
01-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Yup . . . but WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT LIGHTBULBS, THE TOPIC IS POPCORN.

There I covered two of the categories of the lightbulb scenario . . . . ;):D

Next time I'll try to post some pics of my microwave cooking up a bag of popcorn. . . . and then others can post similar pics. ;):D

Nope, I'm sorry FFJ, I have to disagree, here. I believe the topic is Microwaves not Popcorn. :p

attroll
01-17-2008, 02:28 AM
Nope, I am not pulling your leg. They come out of a microwave. Maybe I should have said it is a microwave/convection oven.

Mainiac1957
01-17-2008, 07:12 AM
Nope, I am not pulling your leg. They come out of a microwave. Maybe I should have said it is a microwave/convection oven.

Yes a convection oven is THE way to bake tasty snacks like brownies.

dubord207
01-18-2008, 05:31 PM
I do this in my office with the new mini-microwave my secretaries gave me for Christmas. It's made by HP and gets all its power and programming by plugging a USB cable into your computer. Little slow on popcorn, takes about 23 minutes per bag, but very convenient. I can talk to clients while popping corn! Make them feel at home. There's a program you can download from the Food Network, "micromate" that will automatically set the time and power levels. You can cook a whole chicken in this thing in a little under 2 hours, just set it and forget it!!!!!:D:D:D

Haffy
01-18-2008, 07:40 PM
I do this in my office with the new mini-microwave my secretaries gave me for Christmas. It's made by HP and gets all its power and programming by plugging a USB cable into your computer. Little slow on popcorn, takes about 23 minutes per bag, but very convenient. I can talk to clients while popping corn! Make them feel at home. There's a program you can download from the Food Network, "micromate" that will automatically set the time and power levels. You can cook a whole chicken in this thing in a little under 2 hours, just set it and forget it!!!!!:D:D:D

You do mean 2 -3 minutes per bag right and not 23 minutes? :eek:

darterkitfox
01-18-2008, 07:54 PM
At 23 minutes you might as well hold a bic lighter under each kernal and eat each one as it pops.

firefighterjake
01-18-2008, 09:07 PM
You do mean 2 -3 minutes per bag right and not 23 minutes? :eek:

Hard telling . . . I thought it was just Dubord trying to pull our collective legs with that wit of his . . . gotta remember he is a lawyer. ;):D

Hiram357
01-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Hard telling . . . I thought it was just Dubord trying to pull our collective legs with that wit of his . . . gotta remember he is a lawyer. ;):D

yeah, and i've got some nice ocean front property in Arizona I'm willin to sell to ya pretty cheap... ;):D