View Full Version : Chats

Pages : [1] 2

Medawisla
01-16-2008, 10:02 PM
...so I was watching a funny movie with Hiram:), and I missed the Chat tonight:(...at least I think I did 'cause when I got on at 8:45 no one else was on:(...but in case there was a chat, I was wondering what'd I miss??:confused: Tell me pretty pretty please! :D

brdad
01-17-2008, 07:01 AM
...so I was watching a funny movie with Hiram:), and I missed the Chat tonight:(...at least I think I did 'cause when I got on at 8:45 no one else was on:(...but in case there was a chat, I was wondering what'd I miss??:confused: Tell me pretty pretty please! :D

I missed it as well. I have the 24 hour flu I think, well, maybe 36 hour now. :( I can breathe this morning though, so there is hope.

Mainiac1957
01-17-2008, 07:10 AM
Also a brief discussion on upcoming events, and that it was going to be to cold to go camping this coming weekend.

Medawisla
01-17-2008, 07:46 AM
Also a brief discussion on upcoming events, and that it was going to be to cold to go camping this coming weekend.

Love the blah blah blah moments!:rolleyes:
Aaron's not feeling well either and I was worried about getting more snow than they're predicting, so I too was thinking camping this weekend would not work. :(

...so yeah, looking forward to Karen's event! :cool::D

Cache Maine
01-17-2008, 07:51 AM
I missed it as well. I have the 24 hour flu I think, well, maybe 36 hour now. :( I can breathe this morning though, so there is hope.

If you have what we have, hang on. We are day 4 and 6 respectively. It's not a nice flu. :(

firefighterjake
01-17-2008, 09:28 AM
Well that does it . . . no more geocaching events for me . . . too much of a chance of catching something from all of you ill people. :) ;) Nah, I think I'll just stick to hanging out with a bunch of snotty-nosed, hacking and puking kids who want nothing more than to hug you while you're teaching them how to stop, drop and roll . . . much safer. ;) :)

firefighterjake
01-17-2008, 09:29 AM
Love the blah blah blah moments!:rolleyes:
Aaron's not feeling well either and I was worried about getting more snow than they're predicting, so I too was thinking camping this weekend would not work. :(

...so yeah, looking forward to Karen's event! :cool::D

This snow event should be minimal . . . 0-4 inches before it turns to freezing sleet/rain and then rain . . . hopefully not enough to take away much snow though.

darterkitfox
01-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Firefighter, you make it sound like you would rather camp in rain and sleet than snow. What's your secret? An RV?

firefighterjake
01-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Firefighter, you make it sound like you would rather camp in rain and sleet than snow. What's your secret? An RV?

Nope . . . my secret is that I don't camp in the winter! ;):D And actually, I'm hoping for more snow than rain or sleet, but it doesn't sound very promising.

Also, no RV for me . . . the day I get a RV to go "camping" and to "get away from it all" (while somehow packing up everything you own in your house and putting it into the RV) is the day I give up camping . . . even my regular ol' summer-time camping.

Kaching Karen
01-17-2008, 12:42 PM
Yikes! I have a totally unplanned weekend. I don't think I can handle this! If anyone is caching in the capital area, give me a call. Hopefully, the sleet called for won't ruin the snowshoeing and cross country skiing in the area.

Hiram357
01-17-2008, 04:15 PM
Well that does it . . . no more geocaching events for me . . . too much of a chance of catching something from all of you ill people. :) ;) Nah, I think I'll just stick to hanging out with a bunch of snotty-nosed, hacking and puking kids who want nothing more than to hug you while you're teaching them how to stop, drop and roll . . . much safer. ;) :)

hahah that sounds entertaining

Medawisla
01-23-2008, 10:01 PM
...so I was out drinking with Hiram....:rolleyes::D
Need I say more...I missed the chat...:p
What happened?:confused: Anything important for the newsletter, which starts its review process tomorrow?:confused:
Thanks all! :D

brdad
01-24-2008, 01:08 PM
The highlights of the evening were:

Dave1976 chatted for five minutes, then decided "Boring TV" was more exciting.

Kaching Karen is needs more pictures for her event to meet her goal of 6200 0r 7200, depending on which of Tat's math answers was right.

I'd post the logs, but the excitement might kill someone. :D

Medawisla
01-24-2008, 07:13 PM
The highlights of the evening were:

Dave1976 chatted for five minutes, then decided "Boring TV" was more exciting.

Kaching Karen is needs more pictures for her event to meet her goal of 6200 0r 7200, depending on which of Tat's math answers was right.

I'd post the logs, but the excitement might kill someone. :D

Wow, like watching grass grow!!:rolleyes: haha
I'll send Karen more pics...:p

Medawisla
01-28-2008, 09:09 PM
uh there's a chat going on, and brad and i are a bit lonely...:(

darterkitfox
01-29-2008, 09:15 AM
Sorry Medawisla, my "who's in chat" feature doesn't work and since there are a couple people here that aren't fans of me, without knowing who's talking, I just stopped coming.

Mainiac1957
01-29-2008, 12:22 PM
My who's in chat doesn't work either. Rick any ideas?

brdad
01-29-2008, 12:55 PM
My who's in chat doesn't work either. Rick any ideas?

The "who's in chat" link is a link to an external site, slashnet.org. It seems part of the site might be down for maintenance.

Hopefully they will fix it. I didn't realize so many people checked who was in there before entering. Maybe more would come if I stayed away!

You do have to remember also, if you have registered your nick, you can choose to be hidden from any channel lists.

Mainiac1957
01-29-2008, 05:25 PM
The "who's in chat" link is a link to an external site, slashnet.org. It seems part of the site might be down for maintenance.

Hopefully they will fix it. I didn't realize so many people checked who was in there before entering. Maybe more would come if I stayed away!

You do have to remember also, if you have registered your nick, you can choose to be hidden from any channel lists.

I have tried that link off and on for months and it never seems to work. Whatever.

hollora
01-29-2008, 05:50 PM
My link hasn't worked for a long time either. It doesn't stop me from dropping in - I just keep forgetting.

Medawisla
01-29-2008, 07:39 PM
We did have several people join us, and had a funny incident where brdad turned over his moderator powers to the rest of the group and then lost his! Then he got them back and gave them to me :D:p and then I took over as only moderator :eek::D
It was quite funny! Hriam wasn't on the chat, but he was here, rolling his eyes...:rolleyes::D
ps nothing productive was discussed

Medawisla
02-06-2008, 09:07 PM
Monday we had nearly 10 people in the chat! What fun! :D:cool:
Today: just me?!?!:confused::(
Where are you?:confused:

darterkitfox
02-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Kind of funny, when I first joined I came in on a chat on Wednesday night and was reminded by someone in the room that MONDAY was for newbies. Yet now, all the regulars talk on Monday instead of Wednesday.

Mainiac1957
02-07-2008, 07:29 AM
We kinda talk any night now. Mondays, Wednesdays, whatever.

Medawisla
02-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Kind of funny, when I first joined I came in on a chat on Wednesday night and was reminded by someone in the room that MONDAY was for newbies. Yet now, all the regulars talk on Monday instead of Wednesday.

...you never know what's really going to happen!:p
Sorry someone was rude to you!:mad: Maybe they thought you were having trouble following the chat and thought Monday would be better.:rolleyes: To be honest, we get one or two newbies a chat, Monday or Wednesday.:) I think it's good that some oldies chat Mondays, otherwise the chat room could be really lonely for the newbie(s).:( I welcome newbies to any chats.:D Whether we're newbies or oldies I think we have some of the same issues that we can talk over in the chats regarding geocaching, but for the most part, the chats are all fun and games.:cool: Just do what works for you!:)

tat
02-07-2008, 09:09 AM
...when I first joined I came in on a chat on Wednesday night and was reminded by someone in the room that MONDAY was for newbies...

Everyday is for Newbies!! We try to always have some experienced members to help answer questions on Monday. I hope we didn't make anyone feel unwelcome at any time.

In fact, the chat is available at anytime for people to use.

brdad
02-08-2008, 07:33 AM
In fact, the chat is available at anytime for people to use.

Some of my best conversations in chat are on non-scheduled chat days! Of course I am all alone, but everyone there agrees with me then. ;)

Opalsns
03-12-2008, 02:37 PM
I tried to get in on the chat but it keeps reading Can Not Connect. Is there something I have to download to get the connection, or is haveing dial up the problem?
Thanx
Opalsns

darterkitfox
03-12-2008, 03:02 PM
I had problems often in the past but the last few times everything was all right. Usually if it didn't work the first time, it wouldn't let me in the whole night no matter how many times I tried. There is someone here on the list that will probably post about a better program to try to get on with as they told me and then another person. Unfortunately, right now I can't remember what that program is. You know how that is when you can visualize it but it doesn't come to you? Have you tried it any other times other than the scheduled chat to see if it works?

Mainiac1957
03-12-2008, 04:22 PM
It is an add on you can get through Firefox browser. I have had good luck with it so far.

Medawisla
03-12-2008, 06:45 PM
There are posts in the Articles about chat programs and how to enter the geocaching maine chat. I think that's the best way, then you never have problems getting in.
Last night's wasn't too exciting...my sister called and I wasn't particularly involved. But usually the more people who join the chat, the more interesting it is. :)

Medawisla
03-31-2008, 07:37 PM
I won't be on tonight, but wanted to remind folks in case they do want to be on. Let me know if anything discussed tonight should be put in the newsletter. Enjoy! :)

Medawisla
06-18-2008, 06:54 PM
I won't be on tonight, but wanted to remind folks in case they do want to be on. Let me know if anything discussed tonight should be put in the newsletter. Enjoy! :)

DITTO, tonight too. I'm on a conference call. Let me know anything discussed tonight should be put in the newsletter.:)

brdad
10-01-2008, 08:17 PM
It's Wednesday night, and Mainiac1957 is giving away free samples tonight! Come ask for yours now!

hollora
10-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Well, I tried to get on with my IE and it wouldn't let me (without downloading some more stuff - same computer - weird and I don't do that without son here). So I went to his Firefox, to this website and poof - I was on with a Java thing - no problem I thought - except after a couple of posts and no reply I said - either something is really wrong or they are signed on and not at their computers.

Wondered if the free samples were Speedos or humor - regardless - hope anyone who was on had a good chat. The subject was congrats to BRDad and MSTeeLee - so congrats from me again.

Cheers!

brdad
10-02-2008, 07:08 AM
Well, I tried to get on with my IE and it wouldn't let me (without downloading some more stuff - same computer - weird and I don't do that without son here). So I went to his Firefox, to this website and poof - I was on with a Java thing - no problem I thought - except after a couple of posts and no reply I said - either something is really wrong or they are signed on and not at their computers.

Wondered if the free samples were Speedos or humor - regardless - hope anyone who was on had a good chat. The subject was congrats to BRDad and MSTeeLee - so congrats from me again.

Cheers!

I was there, but not paying full attention and didn't see the post until you had left. Everyone had left except Brad and myself at that point. Thanks for the congrats.

As for the free samples, perhaps Brad will have something else for everyone next week. :D

hollora
10-02-2008, 09:23 AM
I was there, but not paying full attention and didn't see the post until you had left. Everyone had left except Brad and myself at that point. Thanks for the congrats.

As for the free samples, perhaps Brad will have something else for everyone next week. :D

Thanks BRDad - no problem. I noticed there was only the two of you and just thought I might twit! Have a great day - looks like we still need raincoats, unbrellas and buckets.........but I will take that to shovels anyday!:)

hide_from_the_kids
10-30-2008, 01:50 PM
last night was the first night i did chat. i had fun and hope to be able to do it again next week. besides the forum you can get alot of info from the chat room. check it out next week.

Medawisla
10-30-2008, 08:38 PM
last night was the first night i did chat. i had fun and hope to be able to do it again next week. besides the forum you can get alot of info from the chat room. check it out next week.

Yeah all, sorry I missed the chat, got Netflix to watch last night...but was there anything that should go into the Newsletter? Glad to hear it was fun, maybe I'll be there Monday :cool:

Medawisla
11-04-2008, 08:55 PM
So here's a new excuse for me:
The wind storm messed up our internet. When it got reconnected the server was too slow for much of anything to work. I got into the forums fine but couldn't work the chat (or club penguin!:mad::p)
And a not so new excuse for me:
Tomorrow I have a planning board meeting to attend so I won't be able to make the chat tomorrow. :(:p

But seriously, if there's something in the chat you think would be good for others to know about, either post in a thread or PM me to have it in the Newsletter. :)

Thanks!:cool:

brdad
04-06-2009, 07:44 PM
There have been several newbies checking in to chat lately, a few have managed to get me while I am in and several have not. Lets get a few regulars in there tonight and see if we can get a good crowd to welcome these new chatters, and so they won't get bored with just me!

I'll be a few minutes late, I have taxi duty again ;-)

Haffy
04-06-2009, 08:47 PM
There have been several newbies checking in to chat lately, a few have managed to get me while I am in and several have not. Lets get a few regulars in there tonight and see if we can get a good crowd to welcome these new chatters, and so they won't get bored with just me!

I'll be a few minutes late, I have taxi duty again ;-)

After several attempts tonight I haven't been able to get into chat. I wanted to meet the new cachers too. Sorry!!! Is there something wrong with the link?

brdad
04-06-2009, 08:56 PM
After several attempts tonight I haven't been able to get into chat. I wanted to meet the new cachers too. Sorry!!! Is there something wrong with the link?

Other people are making it in with the web chat. :(

Do you have a computer that can run a chat program? Maybe we need to get you set up.

brdad
04-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Come on in and discuss the 2008 coin or any other topic other than bashing other people.

If any of you are having troubles with the webchat, try the link below. Be observant for any security messages, you will have to accept to run the java program if it asks.

http://www.slashnet.org/webclient/geocachingmaine

Kaching Karen
04-08-2009, 10:30 PM
Were there many on chat tonight? I just had to get my income taxes done, and did. I'll be joining you soon.

Ekidokai
04-08-2009, 10:32 PM
There were about 8 total all night.

Missed you.

For a brief, but wonderful moment, I had the power. It was sweet.

Opalsns
04-08-2009, 11:54 PM
Come on in and discuss the 2008 coin or any other topic other than bashing other people.

If any of you are having troubles with the webchat, try the link below. Be observant for any security messages, you will have to accept to run the java program if it asks.

http://www.slashnet.org/webclient/geocachingmaine

Your log entry for the listing Tribute to a Statesman - Died on the 4th of July (Traditional Cache) was deleted by hollora at 4/8/2009 7:05:17 PM

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=a0d29d53-2ecf-4da2-a2d7-5186edd1e055

hollora profile:
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=660c918e-b04f-4fa8-b6f1-d49a816e0588

brdad
04-09-2009, 06:10 AM
Your log entry for the listing Tribute to a Statesman - Died on the 4th of July (Traditional Cache) was deleted by hollora at 4/8/2009 7:05:17 PM

Visit this listing at the below address:
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=a0d29d53-2ecf-4da2-a2d7-5186edd1e055

hollora profile:
http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?guid=660c918e-b04f-4fa8-b6f1-d49a816e0588

I have no idea what you are talking about? What does this have to do with the subject of this thread, which is chat? Are you claiming your log was deleted, or mine? This seems like nothing more than an attempt at bashing another member, which we do not need here.

If you have a problem with a valid deleted found log, the discussion needs to be made directly with gc.com, not the gc.com forums, not these forums. They can restore any valid deleted found log. If you just posted a log bashing the owner, that might be a bit tougher.

Can you please try to post productive, friendly posts in the future?

Mainiac1957
04-09-2009, 06:13 AM
I have been forgetting to get into chat lately. I will try to remember what day it is sometime soon I hope. Those work days all seem to blend together. lol:D

Opalsns
04-09-2009, 10:18 AM
I have no idea what you are talking about? What does this have to do with the subject of this thread, which is chat? Are you claiming your log was deleted, or mine? This seems like nothing more than an attempt at bashing another member, which we do not need here.

If you have a problem with a valid deleted found log, the discussion needs to be made directly with gc.com, not the gc.com forums, not these forums. They can restore any valid deleted found log. If you just posted a log bashing the owner, that might be a bit tougher.

Nice Try ,
Your post says come talk abot coins and no bashing, That's what this is . I didn't attempt to bash anyone. I was challanged by Hollora AGAIN and you do it to me too. What , are you two dating or something?????
I have stayed away from YOU and Hollora and came to talk coins. No one else posted to me.
Why did she have to. and then say Hey Lady, like she's Jerry Lewis or something. There was no need of her to do this. And NO NEED of a Forum Board member to post what you did about the chat.And everything I said was true!!!!!!!!!!!
This post shows She Deleted my log entry from a cache I did LAST YEAR. It had NOTHING to do with the disagreement from last night. Don't you know how to read an email from geocaching??? It's the same as one you get from a Found Log.
Funny, I got bashed by a cacher before and you didn't say anything to them, HHHHhmmmm,
picking favorites are we .... PATHETIC!!!!!!!!

Opalsns
04-09-2009, 10:21 AM

I never thought of that, Thanx BrDad, I will take it to GC.com. Good Idea, Your the Best!!!
Have a Wonderful rest of the day and a Better Tomorrow!!!!!!!!!

attroll
04-09-2009, 10:57 AM
Enough. You made your point already.

brdad
04-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Enough said, this thread is about chats, Mondays and Wednesdays at 8PM, but the channel is open 24/7 if anyone wants to check in and see if anyone is hanging out.

WhereRWe?
04-09-2009, 04:35 PM

Can the local "cache approver" do anything about log entries?

brdad
04-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Can the local "cache approver" do anything about log entries?

They used to be able to, and I am assuming they still can. I have had it done twice. In my case both were honest mistakes. There was a third time were I was FTF on a cache which was placed without permission where it should not have been. I decided not to push the issue as the cache owner was afraid to have any record of the cache remain as he feared it would jeopardize his job. We exchanged emails and discussed it in a friendly manner, and I didn't need the smiley that bad.

IMHO I think if there is controversy involving the found log, however, it would be best to have a non-local representative handle the matter.

WhereRWe?
04-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Anyway, the Monday and Wednesday chat sessions are one of the things I highlight in my welcome messages to new GCM.org members. Sheesh! If 8:00 PM wasn't past my bedtime, I'd join in as well. :o:o

brdad
04-09-2009, 07:17 PM
Anyway, the Monday and Wednesday chat sessions are one of the things I highlight in my welcome messages to new GCM.org members. Sheesh! If 8:00 PM wasn't past my bedtime, I'd join in as well. :o:o

If I am home, I am often logged in, check anytime!
Not always paying attention, but you might catch me off guard.

Ekidokai
04-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Last night for brief wonderful moment I had the power. It felt great and wonderful.

I had no idea what I could do with it, but just having it was fantastic.

You can't win it if your not in it.

tat
04-09-2009, 09:36 PM
I went to an event Wednesday, but I'll try to be online Monday!

Mapachi
04-10-2009, 04:38 PM
Maybe some should stay away from forums and chats if it's that bad on their blood pressure. Jeezum Crow! Lighten up! Geocaching is supposed to be a FUN thing. What are all the newbies going to think?! If anyone has problems with another geocacher. KEEP IT PRIVATE! Go egg their house or somthing!! But please keep it off the chats and forums...Thank You........(Who is Jeesum Crow?)

WhereRWe?
04-10-2009, 05:03 PM
(Who is Jeesum Crow?)

"jeezum-crow (http://www.dooryard.ca/jeezum-crow.html) \'jee-zum-'kroe\ interj - Benign alternative to the pejorative "Jesus Christ." Used as an exclamation of frustration or emphasis, most often in a sentence all by itself; "Jeezum-crow! Where are my mittens?" Very common to northern Aroostook County, far less so in western New Brunswick counties"

Sheesh! I didnt know this was such a specifically Maine colloquialism! LOL!

vicbiker
04-10-2009, 06:26 PM
Sheesh! I didnt know this was such a specifically Maine colloquialism! LOL! I didn't even know what a colloquialism was until I looked it up.:(

Team2hunt
04-10-2009, 06:34 PM
"jeezum-crow (http://www.dooryard.ca/jeezum-crow.html) \'jee-zum-'kroe\ interj - Benign alternative to the pejorative "Jesus Christ." Used as an exclamation of frustration or emphasis, most often in a sentence all by itself; "Jeezum-crow! Where are my mittens?" Very common to northern Aroostook County, far less so in western New Brunswick counties"

Why? Are there fewer mittens in western New Brunswick counties? :confused:

WhereRWe?
04-10-2009, 06:44 PM
I didn't even know what a colloquialism was until I looked it up.:(

Sheesh! I surprised myself as well by spelling it correctly the first time! LOL!

Hiram357
04-10-2009, 07:27 PM
Sheesh! I surprised myself as well by spelling it correctly the first time! LOL!

yah yah, we all noe ewe used that spel cheker buttin... :p:D;)

Mapachi
04-10-2009, 07:29 PM

Why is Jesus Christ's middle initial H? What does the H stand for? Is the H a colloquialism too? In Maine? This is probably an improper subject; being Good Friday and all.

fins2right
04-10-2009, 07:50 PM
I didn't even know what a colloquialism was until I looked it up.:(

I actually had to look it up! Good Maine State Education Graduate huh?:rolleyes:

dubord207
04-10-2009, 09:23 PM
I hope you're not poking fun of my Franco American heritage! Mon dieu! Tabacknac! "Que'sst que to dit? A Franco is just another northern guy that prefers toutiere pie to grits!:)

Team V3
04-10-2009, 10:28 PM
yah yah, we all noe ewe used that spel cheker buttin... :p:D;)

Yeah! Bad speelers of the werld untie!

WhereRWe?
04-11-2009, 11:24 AM
I hope you're not poking fun of my Franco American heritage! Mon dieu! Tabacknac! "Que'sst que to dit? A Franco is just another northern guy that prefers toutiere pie to grits!:)

My comment had absolutely nothing to do with you, Franco-Americans or French Canadians, noting that my link was to a New Brunswick site, and New Brunswick was an ENGLISH colony and the destination of ENGLISH loyalists. Or were you just trolling? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
04-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Why is Jesus Christ's middle initial H? What does the H stand for?

Actually, I found an explanation (http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/27141) for this that actually sounds quite plausible:

"In many churches the inscription IHC is part of church art. These happen to be an abbreviation of the name Jesus, which is spelled IHSYS in Greek capital letters. In small letters it is spelled Iesus and the "Ie" is pronounced "Yay" and the last three letters are pronounced "Soos" with a long OO. The Greek letter S is written several different ways, depending on where it is in a word or whether it's a capital or not, but the common name Jesus was abbreviated Jes (no period) and was written IHC or IHS in all-capital letters. The "H" is actually a letter that is pronounced "ay." It is not an initial "H." "H" was not written at all in ancient Greek, but was added by editors a long time later and is written as a backwards apostrophe in front of a vowel, or over the second vowel of a diphthong."

Who would have known... :D:D

Hiram357
04-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Actually, I found an explanation (http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/27141) for this that actually sounds quite plausible:

"In many churches the inscription IHC is part of church art. These happen to be an abbreviation of the name Jesus, which is spelled IHSYS in Greek capital letters. In small letters it is spelled Iesus and the "Ie" is pronounced "Yay" and the last three letters are pronounced "Soos" with a long OO. The Greek letter S is written several different ways, depending on where it is in a word or whether it's a capital or not, but the common name Jesus was abbreviated Jes (no period) and was written IHC or IHS in all-capital letters. The "H" is actually a letter that is pronounced "ay." It is not an initial "H." "H" was not written at all in ancient Greek, but was added by editors a long time later and is written as a backwards apostrophe in front of a vowel, or over the second vowel of a diphthong."

Who would have known... :D:D

wow Bruce... it's a nice day... why aren't you outside... :rolleyes::rolleyes:;):p:D:D

WhereRWe?
04-11-2009, 12:54 PM
wow Bruce... it's a nice day... why aren't you outside... :rolleyes::rolleyes:;):p:D:D

Sheesh! Probably for the same reason you weren't! LOL!

Hiram357
04-11-2009, 04:13 PM
Sheesh! Probably for the same reason you weren't! LOL!

heh, because you don't have a car either??? :p;):D

vicbiker
04-11-2009, 04:42 PM
The things a person can learn by just looking at post on Geocaching Maine.

brdad
04-11-2009, 05:27 PM
The things a person can learn by just looking at post on Geocaching Maine.

Very true! I learned if you ask for people to only come into chat if they're gonna be nice, that you are dating someone. Or, maybe I learned that just because you can't see an archived log, you should still know whose log it was and what it said. Or maybe I learned Jesus's parents couldn't spell, either. Or, maybe I learned ... Oh forget it, I know less than I ever did. I need to try harder to hang around more intelligent people. Bruce, mind if I stop by tomorrow? :p:p:p

dubord207
04-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Sorry, Bruce. I was just poking fun at my heritage and relatives, nothing negative towards you whatsoever, seriously. When your mom is a Cyr from Fort Kent, and both sets up my grandparents were from the province of Quebec, it's hard to deny my roots. But occassionally it's a good excuse for doing numb things..as " Don't blame me, I'm French." My best jokes are not lawyer jokes, but french jokes.

And with my Jesuit education, I know what you wrote about the "h" and the Greeks is on the money. brdad is right...there's a wealth of info here for sure.

Get out there and go for 2000!:)

My comment had absolutely nothing to do with you, Franco-Americans or French Canadians, noting that my link was to a New Brunswick site, and New Brunswick was an ENGLISH colony and the destination of ENGLISH loyalists. Or were you just trolling? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

EMSDanel
04-11-2009, 10:32 PM
[quote=WhereRWe?;51136]Actually, I found an explanation (http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/27141) for this that actually sounds quite plausible:

OK.....I read the above. So, why is Jesus' middle name "H"? ;-)
Plus: I never knew women wore special thongs if it was for a short swim.

Hiram357
04-11-2009, 10:56 PM
Plus: I never knew women wore special thongs if it was for a short swim.

heh... ummmm.... nevermind, I'm not touching this one.... :rolleyes:;):p:D:D:D

Mapachi
04-13-2009, 08:10 AM
See what one can learn by just asking a question!......Thanks Bruce!!

Mapachi
04-13-2009, 08:15 AM
Yeah Dan! Get with the program! Haven't you read Evangeline? They kicked those "FROGS" all the way to Louisiana! (They eat grits there too!)

brdad
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Tonight's special topics are Preble pole dancing and Geocaching.com's ban on caches at interesting areas. Prizes will be awarded to all cachers who have saved gas by finding extra caches in one day. :p

brdad
06-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Tonight's topics include techniques for signing a log in blood, and the correct methods for trashing another cacher in a log or hate mail. :)

dubord207
06-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Tonite should be dedicated to gob-ler, a cacher that represents all things good about caching in our state...and perhaps the rest of the caching world. You "chatters" care to log in recognition? There's a thread started if you're so inclined.

brdad
06-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Gob-ler was in a for a few minutes. We had a good sized crowd, actually. There generally is no subject by the way, despite what I post here. It's amazing how many more show up when it's announced in the forums. In fact, it's nearly 10 PM and 7 people are still there! Rick prompted me to make a tutorial for Chatzilla, an IRC add-on for Firefox. It is a step up from the web chat. Look for it soon.

Mainiac1957
06-24-2009, 09:39 PM
Been using Chatzilla for awhile now. Works quite well.

brdad
07-08-2009, 06:03 PM
It seems to help when I announce the chats, so here it is. I plan on being there, lets see how many we can get in.
Tonight's topics include bikini clad geocachers and the new picocaches that are being hidden in sunflower seeds.

Waterski
07-08-2009, 06:38 PM
I just read a log that shows experience in at least one of those items. Hope that person checks in.........:-)

Hiram357
07-08-2009, 09:02 PM
It seems to help when I announce the chats, so here it is. I plan on being there, lets see how many we can get in.
Tonight's topics include bikini clad geocachers and the new picocaches that are being hidden in sunflower seeds.

Is this going to be a video chat??? :rolleyes:;):D

brdad
07-09-2009, 06:11 AM
It was good to see some new faces in the chat as well as some of the regulars. Lexmano, you were || this late!

brdad
07-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Tonight's topics include caching when the sun is out and where to finds hints for my new puzzle cache.

brdad
08-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Late notice, but there it is. Tonight we have a special guest joining us, so special they don't even know they are the special guest. Don't miss it!

hide_from_the_kids
08-12-2009, 08:06 PM
any hints on who it might be?

brdad
08-12-2009, 08:34 PM
any hints on who it might be?

You know now, and see who others are going to miss!

Haffy
08-12-2009, 08:38 PM
It was me!!!!

hide_from_the_kids
08-12-2009, 08:40 PM
It was me!!!!
close but the special guest is still there

Hiram357
08-12-2009, 09:33 PM
close but the special guest is still there

ok, for those of us that didn't make it... who was the special one??? :confused:

Haffy
08-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Everyone who attended tonight, thanks to Brdad and his special script....lol

brdad
08-19-2009, 05:10 PM
I will probably be in and out, come on in and see who's there. Tonight's topics include where not to apply beer and plant juices, and the new TB tags with a built in location transmitting GPS microchip.

squirrelcache
08-19-2009, 06:29 PM
.... and the new TB tags with a built in location transmitting GPS microchip.
Got an idea on how to handle the sticky fingered TB folks. In honor of the Bucksport Cache...our okeedokee friend...and all the techies.....Hex!! :D

brdad
09-09-2009, 06:03 PM
I think I will be there if I don't doze off. ;)

Haffy
09-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Isn't this Wednesday, you must have slept right through it Dave?

brdad
09-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Isn't this Wednesday, you must have slept right through it Dave?

Yeah, yeah, yeah... :)

I'm not used to working all day!

brdad
09-14-2009, 07:15 PM
Tonight is chat night, get in early before the good seats are taken! Tonight's topics include how to get any cache archived instantly and the 2089 geocoin.

Also regarding chats, tonight is the 400th national chat! 9:30 PM EST - http://gcchat.clayjar.com or #Geocache on the slashnet.org IRC server.

brdad
09-21-2009, 07:23 PM
I think I will be there - in and out if nothing else.

Amandalt is a new guest in chat tonight and might like to as some questions for her documentary she is considering. Come say hello and tell your story!

brdad
09-28-2009, 06:31 PM
I think I will be around. Tonight's topics include the special ingredient in one of the pot luck items in Eustis and Maine's 6000th cache!

WhereRWe?
09-28-2009, 06:34 PM
I think I will be around. Tonight's topics include the special ingredient in one of the pot luck items in Eustis and Maine's 6000th cache!

Sheesh! This topic is almost interesting enough for me to stay up late! :eek::eek:

Ekidokai
09-30-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm planning on being there. Topics are nude night caching, what was that in the food, rallye runs and crash site caches.

pjpreb
09-30-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm planning on being there. Topics are nude night caching, what was that in the food, rallye runs and crash site caches.

A little chilly for nude night caching don't ya think? (Unless Dubord's million candlepower lamp throws a *lot* of heat) in which case you're truly won't be anywhere near that spotlight!

Ekidokai
09-30-2009, 06:38 PM
That should have read "Rude"

brdad
09-30-2009, 06:43 PM
That should have read "Rude"

Oh dang, and there I have been waiting in there all day. :confused:

brdad
10-07-2009, 06:24 PM
If I remember I will be there. Topics are.....

WhereRWe?
10-07-2009, 07:08 PM
If I remember I will be there. Topics are.....

Sheesh! I just realized! Since I will be 7 hours behind you on Monday, I should be able to join the chat - 1 PM local time! Especially, since internet access at our hotel will cost $10 a day, I need to use as much bandwidth as possible! :D:D

Years ago, I was active in IRC, and used the PIRCH IRC client. Anyone using that now?

brdad
10-07-2009, 07:22 PM
Years ago, I was active in IRC, and used the PIRCH IRC client. Anyone using that now?

I think PIRCH might have been phased out when vulcanized tires were invented. :D

Ok, it does still exist. I have never used it, however.

brdad
10-12-2009, 06:43 PM
Tonight's topics include 'who's at fault, the pet or the owner?' and continuing debate over tupperware vs. ammo box.

dubord207
10-12-2009, 07:23 PM
So a fellow cacher's wife fractures a hip today while caching. A cacher with about a 140 odd caches placed. While "chat" is important, any chance a short note to Pat might preclude tonights chat about dog poop?

brdad
10-12-2009, 07:35 PM
So a fellow cacher's wife fractures a hip today while caching. A cacher with about a 140 odd caches placed. While "chat" is important, any chance a short note to Pat might preclude tonights chat about dog poop?

So.... should we cancel chat?

I'm assuming both can be tended to at the same time. The subject was even brought up in chat.

hollora
10-12-2009, 08:04 PM
So.... should we cancel chat?

I'm assuming both can be tended to at the same time. The subject was even brought up in chat.

Yup, it was.......no don't cancel chat but perhaps redirect the focus.

Was in there - and it was a shame the heat of the moment forced some folks out........

My thoughts and prayers are with Gail and Pat!

brdad
10-13-2009, 05:58 AM
Was in there - and it was a shame the heat of the moment forced some folks out........

Yes, I would like to apologize to all involved for the inappropriate content of a portion of the evenings chat. Don't let it scare you away, it is far from typical.

Other than that incident, it was a fun evening, thanks to everyone that participated.

Mainiac1957
10-13-2009, 06:44 AM
Just wasn't necessary that's all. You did nothing wrong as far as I could tell. I left before I said something inappropriate. I am friends with all in there, and I think it was going too far.

Hiram357
10-13-2009, 07:02 AM
Just wasn't necessary that's all. You did nothing wrong as far as I could tell. I left before I said something inappropriate. I am friends with all in there, and I think it was going too far.

doh! you mean I missed a good chat?!?! did anyone save the dialouge for the rest of us to read? :D

dubord207
10-13-2009, 07:07 AM
I apologize as well for my outburst on the chat. When it comes to my friendship with people I care about, I can get rather passionate, as I'm saw you noticed. Normally I use that passion in a positive way, but occassionally I'll take a walk on the dark side. I'll do my best to mind my manners in the future.

Waterski
10-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Hiram, Yes you missed a good chat.The posts were coming so fast that it was hard to keep up. Better check in next time and add your 2cents as well. Lots of good information.

brdad
10-13-2009, 09:33 AM
doh! you mean I missed a good chat?!?! did anyone save the dialouge for the rest of us to read? :D

Of course I saved it!

It started like this:

* hollora has joined #geocachingmaine
<brdad> Hello
<hollora> Hi there - 8 geesh - that's bed time some nights LOL
<brdad> hehe
<hollora> It's never the pet - they don't know any better - it's the owner who doesn't scoop! LOL
<brdad> I agree
<hollora> Did you read about Gail (Shotgun) - guess she tripped on something, went down and a fractured hip......that stinks
<hollora> did it on the rail trail in Dexter.

And ended like this:
<pm28570> Pulling the plug as well. Night all
<Waterski> I wonder if tat knew about Gail> We did not tell him.
<goobie6> good night...thanks for the advice waterski!
<brdad> night
* goobie6 has quit IRC (Quit: And in the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years)
<Waterski> Bye everyone. I am out as well. Have a good week everyone.
* pm28570 has left #geocachingmaine
<brdad> you too cya
* Waterski has quit IRC (Quit: Bye!)

hollora
10-13-2009, 09:35 AM
I apologize as well for my outburst on the chat. When it comes to my friendship with people I care about, I can get rather passionate, as I'm saw you noticed. Normally I use that passion in a positive way, but occassionally I'll take a walk on the dark side. I'll do my best to mind my manners in the future.

Peace be with you, prayers for our injured friend and family and apology accepted on my end. I tried hard to bring it back and then I took the same door Mainiac1957 had taken.

Chat isn't something I oftend do - and I will return as I hope everyone else will too.

Ekidokai
10-13-2009, 01:39 PM
I missed it again.

I wish I could remember the thing.

brdad
10-14-2009, 06:23 PM
If we were to hold something tonight, the topics would include .... ummm... err... I think I'll let someone else announce the topics for tonight. :p

Ekidokai
10-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Broken things, booze, crafts, signature items and of coarse the cold.

pjpreb
10-15-2009, 01:25 PM
I missed chat. Watched reruns of the Jerry Springer show instead.

brdad
10-19-2009, 07:09 PM
Topic is ... ummm..... anyone?

Ekidokai
10-19-2009, 07:59 PM
Funny things that happen on the way to a cache.

firefighterjake
10-20-2009, 07:19 AM
A debate on how long it will be before Hiram destroys or loses his new Garmin GPSr? ;) :)

Hiram357
10-20-2009, 05:01 PM
A debate on how long it will be before Hiram destroys or loses his new Garmin GPSr? ;) :)

I give it 2 weeks! :D

squirrelcache
10-20-2009, 06:25 PM
Don't feel bad......either I've misplaced(not common) my PN-40 w/the PC cord......or someone wanted it more than I did :( Maybe I'll be back into a top end Garmin sooner than I thought.

Ekidokai
10-20-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm holding it hostage. How much is it worth to you? Next time don't leave it in the cache.

firefighterjake
10-21-2009, 08:13 AM
I give it 2 weeks! :D

A bit on the optimistic side isn't this? ;):D

Waterski
10-21-2009, 02:55 PM
I sure hope I am right behind Hiram on the trail when he loses this one.

Mainiac1957
10-21-2009, 03:38 PM
Hiram has lost GPSs in his house and in my camper. He has skills like no others when it comes to misplacing them.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hiram357
10-21-2009, 05:03 PM
A bit on the optimistic side isn't this? ;):D

Hiram has lost GPSs in his house and in my camper. He has skills like no others when it comes to misplacing them.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yes Jake, I want to keep this one until at least the first set of batteries die! :D

And Brad, let's not forget the time that I lost it for 3 months in the winter and then found it again in the spring as the snowbank in front of my apartment started to melt.... :rolleyes::D

brdad
10-21-2009, 07:01 PM
Sorry to interrupt this great conversation, but tonight is Wednesday, Chat night.

brdad
10-26-2009, 06:03 PM
I have a real topic question for tonight concerning TBs and Coins! But you have to come and see what it is. No need to devote the night to the topic, I am curious what people think.

Waterski
10-28-2009, 02:42 PM
Any news on the chat idea of the night? I have to work on Halloween costumes for a few people...Flintstone family...but hope to stop by .

brdad
10-28-2009, 05:38 PM
Any news on the chat idea of the night? I have to work on Halloween costumes for a few people...Flintstone family...but hope to stop by .

Hmmm, lets see.... I seem unable to come up with any humorous ones. On a more serious note, I would welcome more input on Monday's posted topic, though I have made my decision for the time being.

I'm also curious if anyone has added the gcmaine logo to their cache pages lately - I added a section to the stats that revealed only 8 cache hiders have a link to the site on 75% or more of their cache descriptions. Is this because they don't want to support the site in that manner, don't want to add extra data to their cache page, or because they are not sure how to add it?

As always, the subject can be anything you'd like it to be. Official time is 8 PM, but if I have my way I'm not leaving this chair until bedtime short of necessary trips to the kitchen and bathroom!

Haffy
10-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Speaking of the GC logo, I had it posted on all my caches but didn't get any credit for it....lol OOPS all but 1 of them.

brdad
10-28-2009, 06:07 PM
Speaking of the GC logo, I had it posted on all my caches but didn't get any credit for it....lol OOPS all but 1 of them.

This is because I used the Owner Name as opposed to the Placed By to determine the owner. I don't want to use Placed By only, because many owners use several different placed by Names. I may, however, be able to use both of them. I will think it over. You no doubt have been one of the site's biggest promoters!

WhereRWe?
10-28-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm also curious if anyone has added the gcmaine logo to their cache pages lately - I added a section to the stats that revealed only 8 cache hiders have a link to the site on 75% or more of their cache descriptions.

How about a tutorial on how to put a GCMaine logo on a cache page? I have one on several of our caches, but it's a dead link. I need helpwith the technology! :o:o

Sudonim
10-28-2009, 08:42 PM
How about a tutorial on how to put a GCMaine logo on a cache page? I have one on several of our caches, but it's a dead link. I need helpwith the technology! :o:o

I second that request! Small words please:D

Haffy
10-28-2009, 09:39 PM
I just checked all the GCM banner logos on my cache pages and they are all working. Wonder why you guys are having problems with the dead links on yours.

Ekidokai
10-29-2009, 01:52 PM
I have put it on a one or two. However when I use it on a long description it takes all the spaces out so everything comes out mashed together.

So I can't use it.

Haffy
10-29-2009, 03:11 PM
You need some <br> and <pr> in between.

Ekidokai
10-29-2009, 03:45 PM
I will give that try. 140 times.

hollora
10-29-2009, 08:08 PM
I will give that try. 140 times.

In your description of the cache - are you checking off the box (which I think is above where you write the description) which says " The descriptions below are in HTML? If not - it won't recognize it = and it won't work.

Ekidokai
10-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Yes I do that and with the HTML code enabled it did not allow for any spacing. I'm going to give the trick a try and see what happens soon.

hide_from_the_kids
11-01-2009, 11:59 AM
I have had no problems with this. I have the link on all my cache pages.

brdad
11-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I made an article to help anyone who is having trouble.

Promoting GcMaine on Your Cache Page (http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/showthread.php?p=59193#post59193)

cano
11-01-2009, 12:45 PM
I have put it on a one or two. However when I use it on a long description it takes all the spaces out so everything comes out mashed together.

So I can't use it.

You can make a new line with <br /> or you can make <p>paragraphs</p> or you can just put all text into <pre>preformatted tag</pre>

brdad
11-04-2009, 06:36 PM
Tonight's topics include how many people are getting this crap/cold/flu/whatever going around and discussion about the boy in Southern Maine who swallowed some geocoins and was taken to the hospital. Last I heard his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse said, 'No change yet.' :D

Ekidokai
11-04-2009, 08:50 PM
How about stupid deer.

firefighterjake
11-05-2009, 09:09 AM
How about stupid deer.

Is there such a thing as a smart deer?

Haffy
11-05-2009, 09:33 AM
Sure there is..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2XNeSAUivo

squirrelcache
11-05-2009, 03:20 PM
That looked like a reindeer in training...showing off for Santa on the right-hand bike!!Hmmm.... maybe all this snow flying around is affecting my perception.

Hiram357
11-05-2009, 04:43 PM
Is there such a thing as a smart deer?

smart deer taste better :D

brdad
11-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Topic is giving thanks to our vets and whatever you want it to be.

squirrelcache
11-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Topic is giving thanks to out vets and whatever you want it to be.

Hope the chat sees more recognition than the thread did :(

WhereRWe?
11-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Hope the chat sees more recognition than the thread did :(

I could comment, but I haven't made anyone mad in quite a while, and I don't think I'm due yet... LOL!

(Thanks for your service in Desert Shield/Storm. Neither RULost2? nor I had to go. I was kept behind to "train-up" and supervise the reserve company that replaced mine when they deployed, and RULost2? was in a Readiness Group that evaluated and processed reserve units for deployment.)

Sudonim
11-12-2009, 08:31 PM
I could comment, but I haven't made anyone mad in quite a while, and I don't think I'm due yet... LOL!

(Thanks for your service in Desert Shield/Storm. Neither RULost2? nor I had to go. I was kept behind to "train-up" and supervise the reserve company that replaced mine when they deployed, and RULost2? was in a Readiness Group that evaluated and processed reserve units for deployment.)

I was fortunate not to have to deploy either during the gulf wars. I stayed in Bangor and helped to "pass gas" to the troops heading overseas.
I was in for 26 years between active and guard, in Europe and the US, and never felt "far away" as I was always with my military family (even thought some of the food sure tasted far away:p )

hollora
11-13-2009, 01:09 AM
We have many vets and supportors thereof in our group here. I think only WhereRWe? and myself are members of MAGC (Military Association of Geocachiners).

For more information go to - http://www.militarycache.org/ (http://www.militarycache.org/). A great group which has on occasion their own Geocoin and they also have their own pathtags.

Thanks again to all the vets among us and the sacrafices which their families have endured!

brdad
11-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Chat night once again! I think we're going to have a few new cachers in this week, come in and make them welcome!

Ekidokai
11-16-2009, 07:28 PM
I'll try if House is not on

brdad
01-11-2010, 07:52 PM
I'm going to try and pay attention tonight!

I think we will make a final decision on what is and what is not a find, and discuss the 200 manure pile nanos being placed in Hermon this week. :rolleyes:

Ekidokai
01-11-2010, 08:20 PM
Really? In Hermon? Goody, new caches close by.

I will try and pay attention too.

Ekidokai
01-13-2010, 08:58 PM
Come to the cabaret old chum.

brdad
01-25-2010, 07:07 PM
I think I can remember!

Tonight's topics include how to determine cache quality by it's proximity to houses inhabited by people from away, and the hidden video from the Cabin Fever Event!

Ekidokai
01-25-2010, 07:28 PM
Hidden video? Oh crap!

brdad
01-27-2010, 09:01 PM
You can sit in front of the TV and listen to the president's lies, or come to chat and tell your own!

brdad
02-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Topics include who has the most people on their ignore list.

Can anyone see this post?

Haffy
02-09-2010, 02:02 AM
what post?....lol

Ekidokai
03-15-2010, 02:05 PM
I'll be in the chat room tonight.

I'll be causing hate and discontent as usual.

Milestones?

cano
03-15-2010, 04:33 PM
I'll be in the chat room tonight.

I'll be causing hate and discontent as usual.

Milestones?

DST?

(some additional characters to satisfy the pointless minimum character requirement feature)

brdad
03-15-2010, 07:38 PM
I should be there.

Monday night is newbie night, so no heckling allowed.

Well, maybe just a little. :rolleyes:

brdad
03-29-2010, 06:08 PM
It's at 8 PM, Mike, not 2 AM. :p

Tonight's topics include ummm..... ummmm... someone think up something quick....

WhereRWe?
03-29-2010, 06:22 PM
It's at 8 PM, Mike, not 2 AM. :p

Tonight's topics include ummm..... ummmm... someone think up something quick....

I think you need to talk about Ekidokee and Cano doing the hula hoop at the aloha event! Sheesh! :D:D

brdad
03-29-2010, 06:28 PM
I think we need to adopt a don't ask don't tell policy after seeing that!

brdad
04-05-2010, 05:57 PM
Tonight's topics include dead horses and a cache owner in another state who has disabled 116 of his tough puzzle caches partly because cacher were taken tours to each one without having to do the puzzle - good for our sport or not?

dubord207
04-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Can't chat tonite...have to see if the new "high test" cough syrup will knock me out. Need some sleep, but what's up with the puzzle cacher? Was somebody just giving out the solution? If so, I guess I can't blame him. Another case of the "numbers" justifying the caching method?

By the way, and for what it's worth, we are starting to get some thoughtful logs on the new series...thankfully. My faith in the overall integrity of our fellow cachers is increasing.. a little anyway!

brdad
04-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Can't chat tonite...have to see if the new "high test" cough syrup will knock me out. Need some sleep, but what's up with the puzzle cacher? Was somebody just giving out the solution? If so, I guess I can't blame him. Another case of the "numbers" justifying the caching method?

By the way, and for what it's worth, we are starting to get some thoughtful logs on the new series...thankfully. My faith in the overall integrity of our fellow cachers is increasing.. a little anyway!

Here's to a speedy recovery...

Yes, it appears at least one previous finder was taking groups around to puzzle cache locations to log the ~166 caches. :( I'd post a link, but I think I'd have to moderate my own post. :D

Glad to see you are getting a few good posts.

brdad
04-07-2010, 07:48 PM
I am there, but am failing fast - not going to make it much past 9 PM tonight!

Ekidokai
04-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Well what a night

brdad
04-19-2010, 07:49 PM
Topic is ..... tribal council? 10 year events? tupperware vs. ammo cans?

brdad
04-26-2010, 07:28 PM
Tonight's topics are anything positive!

cano
04-27-2010, 12:01 AM
I think you need to talk about Ekidokee and Cano doing the hula hoop at the aloha event! Sheesh! :D:D

Immediately after the event I went to buy a hula hoop and started practicing. After a week of training 5 minutes a day I was able to go from zero to pretty much any time hooping :) Can't wait for the next event :P

Mainiac1957
04-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Immediately after the event I went to buy a hula hoop and started practicing. After a week of training 5 minutes a day I was able to go from zero to pretty much any time hooping :) Can't wait for the next event :P

You will need to be in top form to beat Jake. He didn't compete, but he should have.:p

brdad
04-27-2010, 06:44 AM
We only had a small number of people stumble into chat last night, scrolling back through the text it looks like seven including myself, a few of them one at a time. One of them we have not heard from from a a while - Ye Olde Prospector! Unfortunately things are not as they wanted them to be in New Mexico but on the good side he and his wife are returning to Maine permanently! Anyone who has not met YOP, his is one of the most interesting, positive people you will ever meet as well as a great photographer. His wife Wild Thing is also very nice and has enough energy to make the energizer bunny cry! Looking forward to catching up with both of them!

firefighterjake
04-27-2010, 07:41 AM
You will need to be in top form to beat Jake. He didn't compete, but he should have.:p

Me . . . or some other Jake?

I have hula hooped . . . and I'm pretty good . . . but it's on the Wii so I don't know how well I would do with reality . . . hmmm . . . come to think of it, I'm not sure how well I do with reality of all kinds. ;):D

benandtina
04-27-2010, 09:23 AM
We met YOP and his wife at the second caching event we went to, which was their farewell event. We had such a great time chatting with them both!!! I'm sad they are coming back just as Ben and I are leaving :( I would have loved to get to see them again!

We only had a small number of people stumble into chat last night, scrolling back through the text it looks like seven including myself, a few of them one at a time. One of them we have not heard from from a a while - Ye Olde Prospector! Unfortunately things are not as they wanted them to be in New Mexico but on the good side he and his wife are returning to Maine permanently! Anyone who has not met YOP, his is one of the most interesting, positive people you will ever meet as well as a great photographer. His wife Wild Thing is also very nice and has enough energy to make the energizer bunny cry! Looking forward to catching up with both of them!

Ekidokai
04-27-2010, 11:12 AM

This violates TOS.

Once a trouble maker is removed it is permanent. How can this account just be welcomed back? Permanently.

brdad
04-27-2010, 11:20 AM
This violates TOS.

Once a trouble maker is removed it is permanent. How can this account just be welcomed back? Permanently.

I doubt trouble maker is a term that has ever been given to YOP! Well, he did used to be FTF king, however. He had 20 or 30 of them!

Haffy
04-27-2010, 12:12 PM

What great news that they are moving back to Maine but alas I'm heading even further south. Glad that all you guys will be able to see them once again, but sorry that things didn't work out for them in NM. Maine is the lucky one to have them coming back.

brdad
05-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Monday is newbie night and we have had several join over the weekend, perhaps some will show up! Come on in and say hello!

Topics will mot likely include last weekend's events, but as always newbies can choose any (within limits) topic!

brdad
05-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Tonight's topics include ____________________________! and ________!

Ekidokai
05-10-2010, 07:55 PM
I can't see anything in there. It looks blank.

Hiram357
05-10-2010, 09:27 PM
I can't see anything in there. It looks blank.

oh, tonights chat is a "look into the mind of Hiram..." :D:D:D

firefighterjake
05-11-2010, 07:29 AM
oh, tonights chat is a "look into the mind of Hiram..." :D:D:D

Wait a minute . . . there's a mind in there?;):D

brdad
05-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Tonight's topics include gc.com's plans to only allow nano caches from now on (which will now be named 'Little Mikes') and the possibility of selling cache finds at Vic's yard sale. Battleship $20; Delorme Challenge $250; GRCs 10/$1.00! :D Hey, it's for a good cause!

Mainiac1957
05-24-2010, 03:08 PM
I'll let Battleship go for $10 by the end of the weekend.:rolleyes:

brdad
05-24-2010, 03:27 PM

Whatever it takes, throw in and Old 470 as a bonus if you have to!

Hiram357
05-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Tonight's topics include gc.com's plans to only allow nano caches from now on (which will now be named 'Little Mikes') and the possibility of selling cache finds at Vic's yard sale. Battleship $20; Delorme Challenge $250; GRCs 10/$1.00! :D Hey, it's for a good cause!

I'm bringing my checkbook! :D:D:D

Ekidokai
05-24-2010, 04:35 PM
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, nanos!

Did I spell that right?

JFamilySebec
05-24-2010, 06:12 PM
What time is the chat open?

brdad
05-24-2010, 07:29 PM
The official chat is 8 PM to 9 or 10, but I am often logged in there and may respond at any time if I am at my computer.

brdad
05-26-2010, 06:57 PM
I almost forgot it's chat night again!

Tonight's topics are why the ^$%$ can't we borrow a tank to go caching with - after all our taxes paid for it! and the GEM geocaching regulation team coming to a cache near you!

WhereRWe?
05-26-2010, 07:21 PM

Tonight's topics are why the ^$%$ can't we borrow a tank to go caching with - after all our taxes paid for it! and the GEM geocaching regulation team coming to a cache near you!

Sheesh! One of these days I'm going to stay up late and visit one of these chat sessions. I haven't been on IRC in years, but my flaming techniques were honed by years of online discourse (???).

I'd love to have a discussion about the proper way to place a GRC, or if it's better to place a stop sign cache at the bottom or top of the sign. (Questions about "winter friendly", etc.

:D:D

Hiram357
05-26-2010, 08:04 PM

no kiddin... I do believe if someone tried that around here there would be a crowd of cachers with torches and pitchforks thirsty for blood.... Well... except for you... :rolleyes:;);):p:D:D

brdad
05-31-2010, 07:38 PM
Don't forgot tonight's special Memorial Day chat night! Tonight's special topics include which branch of the service produce the best cache hiders.

dubord207
06-01-2010, 02:06 PM
Did anybody take the bait on that one?:D

Don't forgot tonight's special Memorial Day chat night! Tonight's special topics include which branch of the service produce the best cache hiders.

WhereRWe?
06-01-2010, 03:03 PM

Sheesh! I would be the obvious one, but I've been told not to feed the trolls. LOL! ;);)

brdad
06-01-2010, 06:37 PM

Nah, no such luck. And I had a few good zingers ready, too! Not really trolling, other than trolling to get people to come in. Holiday Mondays are usually slow, as was this one. Just me, Mike, and Brad.

WhereRWe?
06-01-2010, 06:50 PM
Nah, no such luck. And I had a few good zingers ready, too! Not really trolling, other than trolling to get people to come in. Holiday Mondays are usually slow, as was this one. Just me, Mike, and Brad.

Sheesh! If you'd had a fourth, you could have played bridge! :D:D

Waterski
06-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Unable to load interface...blah blah blah. Well, I tried to get on to chat but my computer did not like it , with secuirty issues. Anyone else get on tonight? Darn, I missed all the gossip.

JustKev
06-09-2010, 09:53 PM
Unable to load interface...blah blah blah. Well, I tried to get on to chat but my computer did not like it , with secuirty issues. Anyone else get on tonight? Darn, I missed all the gossip.

I don't use the interface. I use mIRC, an Internet Relay Chat client. Works better, IMHO, than the interface.

brdad
06-09-2010, 10:04 PM
JustKev is right, a dedicated IRC client is the best way around java security issues. I have instructions in the articles section of this web site for both mIRC and Trillian, as well as ChatZilla, which is an IRC plugin for Firefox.

LaughingTerry
06-10-2010, 07:28 PM
I think I'll just stick to hanging out with a bunch of snotty-nosed, hacking and puking kids who want nothing more than to hug you while you're teaching them how to stop, drop and roll . . . much safer. ;) :)

Do you light them on fire so they know they are doing it right?

Just asking.........

JustKev
06-10-2010, 07:58 PM

Just asking.........

And is there a supply of marshmallows handy?

firefighterjake
06-11-2010, 07:43 AM

Just asking.........

Hmmmm . . . it would be interactive education, wouldn't it . . . perhaps some teachers could "volunteer" certain students to demonstrate.

Oh wait a minute, the good angel sitting on my shoulder is saying this would be a bad idea and I could get fired . . . but the Hiram angel sitting on my other shoulder says it would be wicked cool to watch.;):D

Ekidokai
06-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Hmmmm . . . it would be interactive education, wouldn't it . . . perhaps some teachers could "volunteer" certain students to demonstrate.

Oh wait a minute, the good angel sitting on my shoulder is saying this would be a bad idea and I could get fired . . . but the Hiram angel sitting on my other shoulder says it would be wicked cool to watch.;):D

Get in there and talk about it. It is healing.

brdad
06-23-2010, 07:20 PM
We had someone come in Sunday thinking it was Monday and someone come in Tuesday thinking it was Wednesday. Suppose anyone will make it tonight?

hollora
06-23-2010, 07:37 PM
We had someone come in Sunday thinking it was Monday and someone come in Tuesday thinking it was Wednesday. Suppose anyone will make it tonight?

Perhaps LOL;)

Mainiac1957
07-19-2010, 07:26 PM
Yes, once again it's chat night. Come on in if you are as bored as I am tonight.:rolleyes:

brdad
07-26-2010, 05:28 PM
I will try and remember!

Tonight's topics include the cache you least remember anything about. Winner is the person who can best describe the cache they remember the least about. (Unfortunately if Mike shows up, he's an instant winner :p)

Ekidokai
07-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Can't go. I had to reformat my hard drive and my drivers DVD doesn't work for some reason so I only have like half a computer.

I'll give it a try though.

Nope just a green screen and this...

vBXirc
vBulletin, Copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.03819 seconds with 5 queries

JustKev
07-27-2010, 06:27 AM
Can't go. I had to reformat my hard drive and my drivers DVD doesn't work for some reason so I only have like half a computer.

I'll give it a try though.

Nope just a green screen and this...

vBXirc
vBulletin, Copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.03819 seconds with 5 queries

You have to swear at it. In three different languages....and braille.

firefighterjake
07-27-2010, 07:36 AM
What works for me when I have computer problems.

Step 1: Take a large hammer and start smashing computer into tiny bits.
Step 2: Go to electronics store and buy new computer.

Problem solved.

Ekidokai
07-27-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm gonna smoke this thing if it doesn't start cooperating.

JustKev
07-27-2010, 10:31 AM
I'm gonna smoke this thing if it doesn't start cooperating.

You have rolling papers, a pipe or a bong that you prefer to smoke your computers in? Or one of those wood smokers to make it taste better?

hollora
07-27-2010, 01:43 PM
You have rolling papers, a pipe or a bong that you prefer to smoke your computers in? Or one of those wood smokers to make it taste better?

Knowing Eki he will douse it with excellarent and set it on fire!

lions6281
07-27-2010, 07:59 PM
hello im new please take it easy on me

WhereRWe?
07-27-2010, 08:07 PM

Sheesh! Fresh meat! LOL! ;);)

Mainiac1957
07-27-2010, 09:20 PM
Knowing Eki he will douse it with excellarent and set it on fire!

excellarent n. A most excellent accelerate.:D

pm28570
07-28-2010, 08:04 AM

Obviously you've been reading previous posts. :) Welcome and fun!

brdad
07-28-2010, 07:54 PM
I didn't think I would be here but looks like I will now!

Topics include ... guess you'll have to come in and start a topic!

Ekidokai
07-28-2010, 11:51 PM
Missed it again.

brdad
08-02-2010, 07:12 PM
Hurry Mike, maybe you can make it before everyone leaves this week!

brdad
08-09-2010, 07:23 PM
Not sure if I will be around, but come see who might be...

brdad
08-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Looks like it's that time again. We had a decent crowd Monday after it got started. What shall we discus tonight?

darterkitfox
08-11-2010, 09:08 PM
chat wouldn't open up for me tonight

JustKev
08-11-2010, 09:35 PM
chat wouldn't open up for me tonight

Do you use the chat link from the web page or an IRC Client?

Ekidokai
08-13-2010, 03:10 AM
I use the link. It is a little fluky at times but works. I can't get into it from the netbook. I have tried installing all those things suggested and nothing will let me in. I just get a blank green screen.

It seems to be way more complicated than it should be.

team barbieri
08-18-2010, 07:25 PM
Whats tonights topic brdad
"online Etiquette"
or
"geocaching guidlines, rules, and courtesy"

team barbieri
08-18-2010, 07:31 PM
or maybe
"Fist to Find, Last to Log

brdad
08-18-2010, 07:38 PM