View Full Version : Ground Chicken Jerky Recipe?

Starzz
01-21-2008, 05:55 PM
Does anyone have a ground chicken jerky recipe??? Got a bunch of it on sale today, and was going to see if I could make jerky out of some of it. Thanks!

Sue

WhereRWe?
01-21-2008, 06:22 PM
Does anyone have a ground chicken jerky recipe??? Got a bunch of it on sale today, and was going to see if I could make jerky out of some of it. Thanks!

Sue, that sounds GROSS! Why don't you just freeze it and use it as needed for burgers or a low-cal version of Tourtierre? :p:p

Haffy
01-21-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm sure this would be a good one to substitute ground chicken for....http://homecooking.about.com/od/beefrecipes/r/blbeef93.htm

hollora
01-21-2008, 07:02 PM
I use ground chicken and ground turkey for loaf - like meat loaf. There are many ways you can create this into a yummie meal. Freeze it and then you can thaw and create loaf...with chopped onions, celery, garlic, bread crumbs (or I use stuffing mix) and a few other ingredients. You may cook in an actual loaf but I like to cook in large or jumbo muffin tins which results in individual servings.

Sue - if that sound like something you want for a recipe - PM me. Also - do an on line google search for your recipes too. I have found some yummie recipes on line using this techinique.

I love to find "On Sale" meat and always pop it into my freezer for a creation of delight at a later date. Tonight was bratwurst (sale meat frozen), kraut (mark down cart at market), fried onions/peppers (left overs from prep which had been frozen), honey mustard (another mark down cart purchase) with sweet potatoe cubes prepped fried and finished under the broiler (oh, those potatoes, I bought on sale price last week).

Creative cooking is loads of fun.

hollora
01-21-2008, 07:04 PM
I'm sure this would be a good one to substitute ground chicken for....http://homecooking.about.com/od/beefrecipes/r/blbeef93.htm

Nice call Haffy - I would agree but might adjust the spices. Just my suggestion on that one.

WhereRWe?
01-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Nice call Haffy - I would agree but might adjust the spices. Just my suggestion on that one.

But it still sounds NASTY! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
I love to find "On Sale" meat and always pop it into my freezer for a creation of delight at a later date. Tonight was bratwurst (sale meat frozen), kraut (mark down cart at market), fried onions/peppers (left overs from prep which had been frozen), honey mustard (another mark down cart purchase) with sweet potatoe cubes prepped fried and finished under the broiler (oh, those potatoes, I bought on sale price last week).

Um... have you ever been to Caswell's? Lots and lots of bargains there - but you have to know your products watch what you're getting. Caswell's is in Waterville and Lewiston, and maybe somewhere else.

Sheesh! I'm such a well-known customer there, I might place a cache on the "miscellaneous" counter for the WWWWWW event! LOL!

dí76
01-21-2008, 08:22 PM
I use this website for almost all recipes and love it

www.allrecipes.com (http://www.allrecipes.com)

Hiram357
01-21-2008, 10:03 PM
Um... have you ever been to Caswell's? Lots and lots of bargains there - but you have to know your products watch what you're getting. Caswell's is in Waterville and Lewiston, and maybe somewhere else.

Sheesh! I'm such a well-known customer there, I might place a cache on the "miscellaneous" counter for the WWWWWW event! LOL!

heh, last time i went there they had a sale on beef... but it looked like the other white meat...

hollora
01-22-2008, 08:20 AM

Oh yeah - love Caswell's and also Ocean State Job Lots in Belfast for spices and coffee!

FuddsGirls
01-22-2008, 09:08 AM

Sue
My husband and I have made lots of jerky but stay away from that made with poultry. I believe poultry needs to be brined or cured for several days before you can make something like Jerky with it.

WhereRWe?
01-22-2008, 09:59 AM
heh, last time i went there they had a sale on beef... but it looked like the other white meat...

Like I said, you have to watch what you're getting! LOL! :D:D

Starzz
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
My husband and I have made lots of jerky but stay away from that made with poultry. I believe poultry needs to be brined or cured for several days before you can make something like Jerky with it.

Thanks for letting me know!! I did a bit of searching and it looks like there is special brine mix for game bird & poultry!