View Full Version : MainePublisher - A New Geocache Reviewer for Maine

gpsfun
01-22-2008, 05:04 PM
As some of you know, I have been reviewing geocache page submissions since March of 2002 and when we transitioned from at-large to designated area reviewing, I became your designated reviewer. Since then the sport of geocaching has grown at a very favorable rate, and the time has come for me to transition some of my workload.

Maine is blessed with many great, well respected geocachers, and this has made selecting a new reviewer for you both easy and difficult. After due diligence I have made a choice and Groundspeak has added their approval. The new reviewer's account name is MainePublisher. When he has time to go out caching, you will recognize him by another name - TAT.

MainePublisher and I will be going through a transition process over the next few weeks, and we will be backing each other up from time to time.

Faye (my wife) and I will still be visiting the area from time to time to help support the lobstering industry and play tourist. We hope to make it to some events to renew acquaintances.

I have enjoyed excellent support from the Maine geocaching community, for which I thank you. I'm sure you will extend the same support to your new reviewer.

Thank you for your support.

-Brad

dí76
01-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Brad, we hate to see you go. You have done all of us a great service both through publishing our caches to answering our questions and being there for help in sticky situations. Many thanks for all your help through the years.

In my opinion, you couldnt have selected a better guy to fill your shoes. I have never met a guy with more of a passion for the outdoors then him. I look forward to Tom approving many great caches in Maine.

Thanks

WhereRWe?
01-22-2008, 05:27 PM
I echo Dave1975's comments.

Thanks for a great job, Brad. And a great choice for a replacement! :D:D

Haffy
01-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I too want to extend many thanks to Brad for being the great reviewer that you have been over the years and hope you continue to do what you do best. I can't imagine the workload that goes into the review process especially all the states that you have been taking care of all these years. But guess what, I don't lose Brad cause he is the reviewer down here in South Carolina now.....:D And hopefully soon I will have him reviewing my first SC cache.

I know Tom will make a great reviewer and wish him the best of luck as well!!!

tat
01-22-2008, 05:50 PM
I want to thank Brad and Groundspeak for the opportunity to serve the Geocaching community in Maine. I can only hope to to live up to the standard of excellence. I chose the name MainePublisher because I want to publish caches. It is important to note that publishing caches requires interpreting standards. Those interpretations can vary from reviewer to reviewer.

Some are loose in their approach, and others, more strict. Groundspeak hopes that all reviewers and cachers quickly align their goals and philosophies. Creating an atmosphere of togetherness is an important part of the process. Brad has been very successful in doing just exactly this.

I believe the reviewer should put the cacher's mind at ease with the review process. Make the publishing process an enjoyable experience and the appreciation of the guidelines will increase.

Again, thanks to GPSFun for putting "Fun" into Geocaching in Maine.

becket
01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
i want to thank you, brad, for all your help on my caches. (i remember the first one i tried - you told me you couldn't publish it because it was 400 miles off nantucket.) so i transposed a few numbers! :eek: :D

i'm glad you and your wife will be visiting maine, especially to support the lobster industry - LOL! if you come to stonington, i will give you a tour of the lobster hatchery (part of the organization i work for) and you can see the early stages of a lobster's life.

i also want to congratulate you, tat, for taking on the challenge of publishing caches here in maine. i know you will be fair and just; i look forward to working with you.

Team2hunt
01-22-2008, 06:42 PM
Thank you Brad. :)

Team2hunt
01-22-2008, 07:05 PM
On your first published cache.

A Frost Poem

Mainiac1957
01-22-2008, 07:20 PM
There will be no living with Tom now!:D:D:p:p;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know you'll do a fine job.;)

hollora
01-22-2008, 07:47 PM
Every journey has an end or a twist in the trail.

We will miss our old friend Brad as a reviewer but will enjoy an occasional visit from he and Faye when they come to be tourists. How delightful to continue to enjoy each other as the journey doesn't end but just takes that twist. Look forward to seeing you at an event when the weather is warmer!:D

In addition, it will be a new adventure to watch TAT emerge as the MainePublisher. TAT has certainly broken down barriers, walked the walk and talked the talk. I am looking forward to continuing the journey as TAT follows a new twist in the trail.:eek: We all know TAT's reputation......;) Just kidding! Looking forward to your always sage guidance. Congrats!:D

Hiram357
01-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Sorry to see you go Brad, you've always been a great source of help when needed. We hope to see ya on your visits to stimulate the lobster economy... :D

And Tom, congrats on your promotion! I couldn't think of anyone better with the name TAT to do the job! ;)

So now I have this cache I want to place over by the correctional facility.... :rolleyes:

Hiram357
01-22-2008, 08:00 PM
There will be no living with Tom now!:D:D:p:p;);):rolleyes::rolleyes:

I know you'll do a fine job.;)

Yeah, as if his ego wasn't big enough... ;););)
Oh well, now we'll have somethin to listen to around the campfires other than your lil LLBean windup radio... :D:D:D:D;)

Medawisla
01-22-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah, as if his ego wasn't big enough... ;););)
Oh well, now we'll have somethin to listen to around the campfires other than your lil LLBean windup radio... :D:D:D:D;)

It's a good thing Hiram's cute...:p;)
Congrats TAT! :cool::D
And we'll take no offense gpsfun, we always knew you most enjoyed the lobsters...;););)

robt
01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Now how am I going to get any new caches posted??? TAT knows all my tricks... j/k, TAT has been a good cacher and I look forward to seeing the great job of reviewing he does.... Does brown nosing help???? :D:D:D

Kaching Karen
01-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Okay, so TAT, has scruples.... Dang, the first cache he publishes is only 0.3 from my house and he doesn't tell me. I saw it in my e-mail box and took off from the house bent on getting that cache first. NEVER have I ever wanted to be the FTF on a cache, but, dang it, this was going to be the one! :)
Speed of lightning (Me)!
Roar of Thunder (my car)!
Fighting all who rob or plunder (the cache)...
Underdog. Underdog! (Dang you Dubord and Gobbler... you beat me!) :mad:

I tried TAT, I tried :D

brdad
01-23-2008, 06:58 AM
Thanks Brad for all you have done. You've made a good choice for a replacement. Hope to see you at future events or on the trail.

Congrats to Tom!

Medawisla
01-23-2008, 07:31 AM
Okay, so TAT, has scruples.... Dang, the first cache he publishes is only 0.3 from my house and he doesn't tell me. I saw it in my e-mail box and took off from the house bent on getting that cache first. NEVER have I ever wanted to be the FTF on a cache, but, dang it, this was going to be the one! :)
Speed of lightning (Me)!
Roar of Thunder (my car)!
Fighting all who rob or plunder (the cache)...
Underdog. Underdog! (Dang you Dubord and Gobbler... you beat me!) :mad:

I tried TAT, I tried :D

WOW! He didn't tell you!!!:eek: I guess that means TAT'll be all business!:p I wonder, TAT, if you were giggling or squirming when you approved that one and didn't tell Karen...I hope you were giggling!:D:rolleyes:
gpsfun, guess you did a good job picking out TAT! :cool:

firefighterjake
01-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Sorry to see you go Brad, you've always been a great source of help when needed. We hope to see ya on your visits to stimulate the lobster economy... :D

And Tom, congrats on your promotion! I couldn't think of anyone better with the name TAT to do the job! ;)

So now I have this cache I want to place over by the correctional facility.... :rolleyes:

This pretty much sums up my opinion as well . . . having never met Brad or Tom other than our "conversations" here at the forums. Thanks Brad . . . and congrats Tom.

pjpreb
01-24-2008, 09:24 PM
Thanks Brad for all you have done. You've made a good choice for a replacement. Hope to see you at future events or on the trail.

Congrats to Tom!

Ummmmm - pardon me Brdad but what are the chances of actually meeting you on a trail?? I think I'd have a better chance of winning Megabucks...:D:D

Congratulations Tat!

Thanks for all the groovy approovy stuff over the years Brad ;)

brdad
01-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Ummmmm - pardon me Brdad but what are the chances of actually meeting you on a trail?? I think I'd have a better chance of winning Megabucks...:D:D

Well, on caches that have trail heads, I take the trails sometimes. On caches like yours, we're usually far from the trail :D But that's ok, I know cachers who have already visited a cache fail to use the trail the next time. (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=3f3a0076-1f77-4d12-95a7-8d6debcdef62)

we3beans
01-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Well, if we had to lose you Brad thanks for picking such a fine replacement!
Congrats Tat!

pjpreb
01-25-2008, 01:48 PM
Well, on caches that have trail heads, I take the trails sometimes. On caches like yours, we're usually far from the trail :D But that's ok, I know cachers who have already visited a cache fail to use the trail the next time. (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?LUID=3f3a0076-1f77-4d12-95a7-8d6debcdef62)

Ya *had* to bring that up didn't you!! :p For the record - I was *not* leading the way that day nor was I holding a GPSr. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!:D

EMSDanel
01-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Well now, first time I've been here for awhile and it seems a few things have happened. Wow! I'd also like to add my sincere thanks to GPSfun/Brad for always making sure each cache was appropriate and followed established guidelines. That quality never waivered. I'd also like to say thanks for keeping us all even-keeled and reminding us to give people the benefit of the doubt when any problems arise. You're the sage of geocaching and, indeed, a mentor. Soooooo...Tat.....is it Ok to leave a pizza in my next cache for the FTF? Just kidding...!! :-)

Sudonim
01-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Soooooo...Tat.....is it Ok to leave a pizza in my next cache for the FTF? Just kidding...!! :-)

Only if it comes from Unity HOP!

Mainiac1957
01-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Soooooo...Tat.....is it Ok to leave a pizza in my next cache for the FTF? Just kidding...!! :-)

Leave a pizza and I WILL get there for a FTF.:rolleyes:;):p:D

But a coupon for a pizza would satisfy most any reviewer.:cool:

firefighterjake
01-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Only if it comes from Unity HOP!

. . . In which case it would be a toss up as to who would get their first . . . Hiram or me (only because TRF hasn't cached for a while so we might actually get a FTF in the area . . . with the proper motivation.)