View Full Version : GSAK question

Haffy
02-16-2005, 10:23 AM
For all those out there that use GSAK. The last column over on the right hand side says found by me. How do you get the info into that column anyway? If would be nice to be able to see when the date was that I actually found the cache but can't figure out how to get the info into it. I have tons of other questions about this software but I'll settle for an answer to this one first. Thanks John :)

attroll
02-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Haffy

My last right hand column says "State". I don't see anything that says "Found by Me".

parmachenee
02-16-2005, 02:12 PM
Those columns can be deleted or added to but I don't have the program in front of me to explain how.

Haffy
02-16-2005, 02:47 PM
At least on my GSAK there is one more column to the right of State that says found by me. I would like to have the date that I found them included in this column.Anyone else have any ideas how to get the column to show that? :confused: Sorry Rick ,it was a column that I added to show when I found my caches. It can be added by going to Tools>Options>Display and then check the box found by me,sorry for the confusion.

parmachenee
02-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Go to tools > options > click on Display tab and choose the option: Date found by me.

WhereRWe?
02-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Cool! Is there anything GSAK can't do? LOL! I'll bet it can even whistle "Dixie" if you find the right tab... :D

brdad
02-16-2005, 05:04 PM
Cool! Is there anything GSAK can't do? LOL! I'll bet it can even whistle "Dixie" if you find the right tab... :D

Ya, just good luck trying to find that tab!

The programmers skipped all the classes on user interface. But, it's not like there are many alternatives.

Haffy
02-16-2005, 05:11 PM
I found that and checked it off but nothing comes up in that column even after rebooting. Am I missing something? Shouldn't the date I found it be showing up? Is anybody else using this column?

Mainiac1957
02-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Right click on the one you want to mark. Choose edit, and near the bottem it says found. When you check it you will have the opportunity to place the date. Yuo will also want to check the box that says lock. This will prevent it from being overridden later. Good luck

Haffy
02-16-2005, 05:51 PM
You mean I have to enter each one individually? I figured with each pocket query, for instance all my found caches it would automatically enter the found by me date. Sounds like too much work for me with over 200 of those suckers to enter. Sure there isn't an easier way?

Mainiac1957
02-16-2005, 06:23 PM
E-mail Clyde and ask him. I haven't found another way yet. I would think there would be though. Once you get them in then you only have to do the new ones. I just went through and did a bunch at a time. Let me know what you find out,OK.

Haffy
02-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Well I've asked that question of him in the forums so I'll let you know what I find out if anything.

Beach Comber
02-16-2005, 07:33 PM
He's also quick to respond if you send him an e-mail directly.

tat
02-16-2005, 07:49 PM
but, you may need to look at Tools, Options, General, Method for matching placed, hidden and found caches. Pick "exact match" and enter you gc.com user name, case sensitive.

Hope this helps!

Haffy
02-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Yeah I just tried that too Tat and still nothing comes up.

tat
02-16-2005, 08:50 PM
After you have your correct username in the options tab, then you need to reload the .zip file. The program then reads each cache in the list, matches your username with those who posted a find and only then does it update the found by me date column.

Haffy
02-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks Tat,I posted the question in the forum and Clyde got back to me on it and said just what you did. Thanks Aren't these forums great? :D

parmachenee
02-17-2005, 09:38 AM
Couldn't figure why mine were showing up and yours weren't but I see you figured it out. Clyde sent out an email about a month ago explaining this and I just ran across it in my saved mail. Another "senior" moment. :)