View Full Version : can anyone tell me why

vicbiker
02-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Why is it that if a vehicle has two windshield wipers, the one on the drivers side is the one that never works? Coming home tonight in a blinding snow squall from picking Cheryl up at work, my side of the windshield was almost impossible to see through. Cheryl's side was clear as a bell. Maybe we should swap the side we drive from.

Hiram357
02-10-2008, 10:19 PM
Why is it that if a vehicle has two windshield wipers, the one on the drivers side is the one that never works? Coming home tonight in a blinding snow squall from picking Cheryl up at work, my side of the windshield was almost impossible to see through. Cheryl's side was clear as a bell. Maybe we should swap the side we drive from.

thats a simple answer vic, the winsheild wipers that you seem to have purchased for your vehicle were designed to be put on cars in england. :D

hollora
02-10-2008, 10:22 PM
I think Hiram has a handle on what is wrong. You know - even when Ralph knocks the heck out of my gas mileage warming up the car - it is his side of the windshield which is clear and mine the one with ice on the wiper and a mess. Ah, and we just love Maine in the winter despite it all!

Hiram357
02-10-2008, 10:57 PM
I think Hiram has a handle on what is wrong. You know - even when Ralph knocks the heck out of my gas mileage warming up the car - it is his side of the windshield which is clear and mine the one with ice on the wiper and a mess. Ah, and we just love Maine in the winter despite it all!

see! you guys need to invest in some fine quality made in the good ol US of A winsheild wiper blades!!! :D

attroll
02-11-2008, 12:59 AM
I think you put the windshield wipers on the wrong side. Don't you know there is a left and a right side windshield wiper.

darterkitfox
02-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Just do what I do. My rear window has defrost strips which clear it so I just drive everywhere backing up. The reverse lights are a poor substitution for headlights but you take the good with the bad.

firefighterjake
02-11-2008, 12:21 PM
Just do what I do. My rear window has defrost strips which clear it so I just drive everywhere backing up. The reverse lights are a poor substitution for headlights but you take the good with the bad.

I don't know why, but for some reason when I read this I was thinking that it might be a very, very bad idea for you and Hiram to get together anytime soon. ;):D

brdad
02-11-2008, 12:48 PM

Anyone knows the reason the driver's blade wears out sooner is that it's the side that gets used the most. There is always someone looking out the window on the drivers side, but not always anyone looking out the passenger's side. You'll find this fact to be reversed in places like England, where the driver is on the left hand side of the car. ;)

vicbiker
02-11-2008, 01:38 PM
It's sometimes hard for me to imagine the amount of intelligent people we have in this group. LOL

bmeserve
02-12-2008, 08:47 AM
You crack me up!!!! I love it! Great post to read over breakfast to start the day!

team moxiepup
02-16-2008, 11:36 AM
The same reason why you run out of windshield washer when you need it.

hollora
02-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Ah yes and why there is snow on the side of the road - way to long LOL

Kacky
02-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Anyone knows the reason the driver's blade wears out sooner is that it's the side that gets used the most. There is always someone looking out the window on the drivers side, but not always anyone looking out the passenger's side. You'll find this fact to be reversed in places like England, where the driver is on the left hand side of the car. ;)

Of course! It's just common sense, I don't know why I didn't realize it before. Thanks for schooling us!

PS If click & clack ever retire, I think you and Hiram should take over!

Mapachi
02-16-2008, 11:30 PM
Well,DUH, If you put the blades on the inside they won't wear out as fast! Jeez you guys!

team moxiepup
02-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Or you could lift them up so that they don't hit the windshield.:)

Team Richards
02-17-2008, 09:49 AM
I think you could solve all this trouble by just removing the windshield. I think Red Green had a show on how to do this.:)

Hiram357
02-17-2008, 05:07 PM
I think you could solve all this trouble by just removing the windshield. I think Red Green had a show on how to do this.:)

Yes, but didnt red also cover his windseild in duct tape to prevent it from getting cracked?!?!? :rolleyes::D:D:D

vicbiker
02-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Well,DUH, If you put the blades on the inside they won't wear out as fast! Jeez you guys!
Why is it car companies can;t think of these things. After all they have experts working on this stuff and we are just common everyday drivers.

Hiram357
02-17-2008, 06:08 PM
Why is it car companies can;t think of these things. After all they have experts working on this stuff and we are just common everyday drivers.

well, we could get into it about engineers... but then we wouldnt get any caches approved anymore... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D

vicbiker
02-18-2008, 02:47 PM
well, we could get into it about engineers... but then we wouldnt get any caches approved anymore...
Yeah especially research and development types.