View Full Version : Happy Valentines Day

hollora
02-14-2008, 04:37 PM
Well - since I didn't see anyone post a thread for this - Happy Valentines Day to all.:D To me this is not only Sweetie's day but also one to remember friends.

Anyone care to post something special - I will start.

A couple of weeks ago when I was feeling blue - Ralph surprised me with a dozen roses. Just because. Then when my blender burned up (literally), he said, "Order one - Happy Valentines Day". Finally, today he went in town across the ice and brought home fish (a treat for us) for supper. Honestly, just having him here with me after his Chemo is the biggest gift of all!

Another fun thing about today - Amara and I put together a special package for her Mom and Dad.....hand & foot prints we got done:) when she was a lot smaller (they never could quite get them done with one of those kits) and some framed pictures.

Enjoy everyone - have a wonderful day - and tell those special to you - you love them! I think the World of my Geocaching friends - have a great day!:D

firefighterjake
02-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Happy VD for everybody! ;):D

Kacky
02-14-2008, 05:25 PM
Very funny, FFJ!

Hollora,what sweet stories. Here is something I found on youtube that I have been showing to all my friends: http://puffincentral.com/valentine.htm

Mainiac1957
02-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Happy VD for everybody! ;):D

Uh Jake, I don't think hoping we all get STD's is very nice.:D:eek:;):p:rolleyes::o

WhereRWe?
02-14-2008, 08:05 PM
Sheesh! When you've been married as long as RULOST2? and I have, you don't need to get each other anything for Valentine's Day. Just having each other's company is a great event! :D:D:D

And a happy Valentine's Day to the rest of you! LOL! ;);)

Medawisla
02-14-2008, 09:10 PM
So much for stories, eh, Hollora...:rolleyes::p

I sent Aaron a picture of us in a canoe together. It's an inside joke, but those who've canoed with us know it too well. I added to the photo: We may not always work well together, such as when we're in a canoe...but I'm still glad you're the one beside me.:D

I just have to say Bruce, my co-worker has been with his gal since high school and they have a 2 year old and another on the way, 18 years is a long time, but he still celebrates Valentine's Day like no other! In addition to a hugh bouquet of flowers he surprised her with, he's making her lobster dinner, the whole nine yards...Sure you don't HAVE to do something special after so many years, but I think it almost means more when you do...:)

vicbiker
02-14-2008, 10:15 PM
Wow Stef, such wisdom from one so young.

Hiram357
02-14-2008, 10:25 PM
Wow Stef, such wisdom from one so young.

vic! dont get her started! I'll never hear the end of it!!! :p

d’76
02-14-2008, 10:37 PM
I was gonna get roses for valentines but...
decided to spend the money on vacation:D

Hiram357
02-14-2008, 10:47 PM
I was gonna get roses for valentines but...
decided to spend the money on vacation:D

i was going to buy chocolates... but i bout 1000rnds of ammunition instead... :D

d’76
02-14-2008, 10:53 PM
i was going to buy chocolates... but i bout 1000rnds of ammunition instead... :D

I got Connie a Glock the first year we where togeather for VD and a couple of years ago I got her some hydrashock ammo for it. She cried both times. God I love this hick chick. Hard to beleive all of this started over a couple of coronas and a camp fire.

Sorry folks, thats as romantic as I get.:o

Hiram357
02-14-2008, 11:17 PM
I got Connie a Glock the first year we where togeather for VD and a couple of years ago I got her some hydrashock ammo for it. She cried both times. God I love this hick chick. Hard to beleive all of this started over a couple of coronas and a camp fire.

Sorry folks, thats as romantic as I get.:o

she cried eh...?

firefighterjake
02-14-2008, 11:34 PM
Sheesh! When you've been married as long as RULOST2? and I have, you don't need to get each other anything for Valentine's Day. Just having each other's company is a great event! :D:D:D

And a happy Valentine's Day to the rest of you! LOL! ;);)

My wife and I are with you Bruce on these thoughts . . . it's not that I'm not romantic . . . in fact I occasionally buy my wife a small gift, a romantic card or flowers during the year for no particular reason and The Great Wooing of Heidi Ellen was quite the romantic feat from start to finish (I don't need a one-day-a-year contrived holiday for consumerism . . . besides we already have Christmas and a host of other holidays for that!)

And it's not a long-term relationship thing . . . it's just that for some folks like my wife and myself we don't need a single day to remind us of our love for each other . . . that happens each and every day . . . of course it helps that both of us feel the same way about VD . . . in fact we also cut way back on Christmas gifts for each other as well this year and found out that it was rather nice to focus on spending time with each other instead of dealing with the whole hassle of holiday shopping.

Now for those hopeless romantics -- yeah Steph I'm thinking of you -- my wife and I still do take time out to spend quality time with each other. In fact, we have a Thursday night ritual of "date night" where we usually get some sort of take-out and watch Survivor . . . and we often dine out together . . . and as mentioned I do occasionally buy her a card, gift, flowers, etc. . . . not necessarily on Valentine's Day.

Hiram357
02-14-2008, 11:50 PM
In fact, we have a Thursday night ritual of "date night" where we usually get some sort of take-out and watch Survivor . . . and we often dine out together

so that's how UHOP stays in business... :D

(btw I'm much in aggreince agreeeance agr..... yeah you're right, it's not about one day of buying overpriced cards, it's about the normal day suprises that count) :D

hollora
02-15-2008, 08:35 AM
Well, we all should know you only give someone you truly love and who you know truly loves you a Glock and thennn ammunition.

I like it - Tell them you love them every day - do things whenever - you don't need a special day to celebrate with your special person...........and sometimes the tiniest things make the greatest memories!

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. Who will start the thread for - hum, what's next - St. Patrick's Day, I think. That should be a good one!

Team Richards
02-15-2008, 08:43 AM
Happy V- Day. Ok I know I’m late.
Holly got me some pomegranate martini stuff…It’s not what you drink but who you drink it with….
We had dinner by dimly lit lights, more because the power was out and the generator isn’t that big. It was very nice.

I got Holly 5 gallons of gas for the generator …In a red gas can!!!!!. She was very excited.

firefighterjake
02-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Happy V- Day. Ok I know I’m late.
Holly got me some pomegranate martini stuff…It’s not what you drink but who you drink it with….
We had dinner by dimly lit lights, more because the power was out and the generator isn’t that big. It was very nice.

I got Holly 5 gallons of gas for the generator …In a red gas can!!!!!. She was very excited.

Nothing says "I love you" like providing a warm house and a little bit of electricity to run those essentials.

firefighterjake
02-15-2008, 09:32 AM
so that's how UHOP stays in business... :D

(btw I'm much in aggreince agreeeance agr..... yeah you're right, it's not about one day of buying overpriced cards, it's about the normal day suprises that count) :D

Well in fairness I do split my business between the restaurants in town . . . sometimes I order Chinese instead of UHOP although I think overall UHOP gets most of my business . . . incidentally last night (we ordered UHOP) they were offering heart-shaped pizzas . . . I love the folks there, but this just seemed to be a little over the top.

P.S. The rumor mill says the Beverage Mill that was recently purchased will be reopening at some point as Spankys Pizza . . . while I don't particularly care for their pizza it will be interesting to see how they do since the Spankys here in Bangor tends to offer wicked deals on cheap pizza which might appeal to the masses . . . and starving, cash-poor college students. ;):D

WhereRWe?
02-15-2008, 11:33 AM
My wife and I are with you Bruce on these thoughts . . . it's not that I'm not romantic . . . in fact I occasionally buy my wife a small gift, a romantic card or flowers during the year for no particular reason.

And we're with you on this! LOL! Little things like this make EVERYDAY a Valentines day! :D:D

Hiram357
02-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Well in fairness I do split my business between the restaurants in town . . . sometimes I order Chinese instead of UHOP although I think overall UHOP gets most of my business . . . incidentally last night (we ordered UHOP) they were offering heart-shaped pizzas . . . I love the folks there, but this just seemed to be a little over the top.

P.S. The rumor mill says the Beverage Mill that was recently purchased will be reopening at some point as Spankys Pizza . . . while I don't particularly care for their pizza it will be interesting to see how they do since the Spankys here in Bangor tends to offer wicked deals on cheap pizza which might appeal to the masses . . . and starving, cash-poor college students. ;):D

good! let the college punks go to spankys! that means the uhop will be quieter and less crowded... :D:D:D

Team2hunt
02-15-2008, 07:38 PM
Happy Valentine's Day everyone......Is it 8:00 yet? The best part of my day, and has been for the past year. :):)

Kacky
02-15-2008, 09:16 PM
We like to go out to dinner but we always wait a week til midterms. Haven't picked a place yet. I like sushi and Steve likes healthy, neither of which we have in L-A.