View Full Version : Recruiting new members

Haffy
02-23-2005, 08:27 PM
I'd just like to take this opportunity to ask all our members to try and recruit new members to our great website. What I usually do is when I see a cacher who has been to my cache and isn't a member,I email them with a welcome and direct them to our site. Or a lot of times I like to go back to some of the caches that I have visited over the last couple of years and if I see a name I am not familiar with I email them an invitation to come and join in the fun. Hope to see more new members with us soon. :D

WhereRWe?
02-24-2005, 07:55 AM
I've been doing the same for months, Haffy! LOL!

And I always personally PM each newqcomer and welcome them to the site.

I agree - the personal tough always helps.

Only trouble is... For the next event, we may have to rent the Augusta Civic Center... :eek:

Geochicks
02-24-2005, 01:32 PM
Only trouble is... For the next event, we may have to rent the Augusta Civic Center... :eek:

You stole my idea! :p

Seriously, I've thought about it and invite people that want to learn more about it but don't know where to begin... It doesn't cost a lot to rent the rooms but it's the food that kills you.. and you can't bring in outside food...

Maybe a few of us could split the cost and host something like that....

Team2hunt
02-27-2005, 09:04 AM
My son came home from school one day to proclaim, " theres free stuff out there ". He got the info at school. If we could get together a few of us to teach kids about the outdoors. Geocaching would fit in. I know some of you allready do this. It's a captive audience and it's free to all. We could invite a parent in the day of the hunt. Go in the am and hide on school grounds temporary caches for the kids to locate. Even make it a multi to find the others. A virtual too. This builds math skills team leadership, all kinds of good stuff. I would have no problem setting this up down here in southern Maine. Let me know how this sounds to you. We can even set up a weekend hunt close to the school for those interested in knowing more.