View Full Version : New England's First Wherigo Cache

anniebananie
03-05-2008, 08:54 PM
The first Wherigo cache in New England (GC19THA) has been posted in Millis MA. This is an entirely different slant on our sport. There is a new icon for finding Wherigo caches. A Colorado 300 or 400, or a pocket PC with a GPS chip is needed to find the cache. Will be trying it soon and will post a note here

Team2hunt
03-05-2008, 09:11 PM
The first Wherigo cache in New England (GC19THA) has been posted in Millis MA. This is an entirely different slant on our sport. There is a new icon for finding Wherigo caches. A Colorado 300 or 400, or a pocket PC with a GPS chip is needed to find the cache. Will be trying it soon and will post a note here

Road Trip! I'm in and who wants to go along. :rolleyes:

Gob-ler
03-05-2008, 10:03 PM
I already have found one in Maryland. I'll go along for the ride though.

Team Richards
03-05-2008, 10:33 PM
I think those are really cool caches I don't have any device to load the info on to but I would love to go.

Katadin Goddess
03-05-2008, 11:00 PM
can i come

hollora
03-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Will it be a weekend run - not this weekend I hope! Is the geomobile full yet?

cape ann carol
03-06-2008, 10:36 AM
I am planning to go- I am testing the Colorado 400t, and I really need some help. There is so much to learn on this device- and we all know Im challenged ;)

So really- anyone coming from Maine?? Vermont??? :)

tat
03-06-2008, 04:20 PM
I am planning to go- I am testing the Colorado 400t, and I really need some help. There is so much to learn on this device- and we all know Im challenged ;)

So really- anyone coming from Maine?? Vermont??? :)

When? This weekend?

Team2hunt
03-06-2008, 08:21 PM
When? This weekend?

Ok we could leave this Sunday early, and make the run to Mass. Then hit the Poor Peoples Pub Night event in Wakefield NH on the way home.

The cache is 141 miles from Windham. A good place to meet would be in So.Portland at the Home Depot, and the drive from there is about 2.5 hours. Without stopping for caches along the way. We should meet early, say 9AM.

Who's in? I have 2 empty spaces in the Team Tahoe.

Team2hunt
03-06-2008, 08:22 PM
I already have found one in Maryland. I'll go along for the ride though.

cause you got the right equipment.

Gob-ler
03-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Hey, equipment is important!

hollora
03-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Who's in? I have 2 empty spaces in the Team Tahoe.

I would have to pass this weekend - it's bgrffdave's birthday. Have a super time - am wondering what this adventure is all about but am sure you all will report back.

cape ann carol
03-07-2008, 09:49 AM
We are meeting in Millis Ma at 9am- there are a few people with the equipment- I am hoping to get a lesson so I can run this Colorado properly.

I am Meeting Liisa in Danvers on Rt 1 at 730-745am to be in Millis for 9. let me know if youd like to meet there.

If anyone with a laptop knows anything about this Colorado we could probly load it up on the ride from Danvers to Millis :)

tat
03-07-2008, 03:52 PM
I was hoping to go, but can't make it now. :( Good luck on the hunt!!

Team2hunt
03-07-2008, 05:33 PM
It is in the hands of the weather gods. Looks like the storm will last into Sunday morning. I will know more tomorrow night.

cape ann carol
03-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Gary

We are meeting Sat morn at 9am....not sunday.

c'mon- im sure your truck can get thru a little rain ;)

anniebananie
03-07-2008, 06:29 PM
There are some issues yet with the Wherigo functionality on the new Colorado. We have been corresponding with the cache owner and he is using a PPC with Wherigo software to find the cache not a GPSr. For more info read g-o-cachers log on the cache page. We will be waiting until the software is updated in order to get the full GPSr experience

Anniebananie

Team2hunt
03-07-2008, 06:38 PM
After hearing about the issues the Colorado is having. It's too far to drive, and not get the whole experience. :( Keep us informed and we will make it another weekend.

BTW....my truck can make it through anything. It's me who's getting tired of always being on the road. Any excuse I can get to stay home on a nice rainy day, I'll take. :)

Don't forget the Poor People's Pub Night event is Sunday in Wakefield NH.

cape ann carol
03-07-2008, 06:59 PM
yup- tis a long ride after being on the road the way you are Gary, maybe next time.

Gob-ler
03-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Gary are you saying "RoadTrip" some other time?

Team2hunt
03-08-2008, 08:50 AM
Gary are you saying "RoadTrip" some other time?

that I would not want to go on a road trip. The weather is not cooperating and I have made plans to go to NH for the Sunday event. I'm leaving home Sunday around 9AM and looking to meet up with some cachers and do the Red Sox series. I know you already have them. You are still welcome to come along. I know...it's Sunday.

I will look at my calendar and make plans to head south on a " cache run " soon. Including the Mills Marble Madness, Wherigo cache, and the Gloucester area.

The next weekend I can see open is April 5/6.

Mainiac1957
03-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Depending on the weather I might like to get on that run please. I had a great time down that way with you last go around. Keep me posted, OK.

Gob-ler
03-08-2008, 10:13 AM
Gary anything at this point sounds good. Your on the go almost as much as me.

"Roadtrip" with you is good just about anytime.

Team2hunt
03-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Gary anything at this point sounds good. Your on the go almost as much as me.

"Roadtrip" with you is good just about anytime.

Ok for right now I will leave that weekend open. And we can make plans as the time gets closer. I will keep you both informed.

Cape Ann Carol...........here we come! :)

Mainiac1957
03-08-2008, 03:15 PM
I have it saved on my calender. I was thinking about camping, but a cache run to Mass would be a good time.

Team2hunt
03-08-2008, 05:39 PM
I have it saved on my calender. I was thinking about camping, but a cache run to Mass would be a good time.

Maybe we can find a place to camp in Mass. and do both. :)

cape ann carol
03-08-2008, 08:36 PM
I know some good places for everyone to camp when you come down- some paddle to. We went by the river today and its runnig realy nice- first weekend in april would be sweet! :)
one campsite is within 10 minutes of a put in the other with the water flowing - you could get to it in under 2 hours.

Cache Maine
03-08-2008, 10:46 PM
So what is it going to take to get "Maine's First Wherigo Cache?"

Gob-ler
03-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Someone with a Colorado or GPS enabled pocket pc and the ability to figure out the Wherigo builders kit. I have the colorado and the kit, it is not supported very well with instructions and such.

I am talking with a friend who placed one in Maryland. Time will tell.

Cache Maine
03-08-2008, 11:01 PM
Someone with a Colorado or GPS enabled pocket pc and the ability to figure out the Wherigo builders kit. I have the colorado and the kit, it is not supported very well with instructions and such.

I am talking with a friend who placed one in Maryland. Time will tell.

Ohhh.....sounds exciting. Keep us posted!

anniebananie
03-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Just got an e-mail ftom the MA Wherigo GC19THA cache owner saying that the issues with cache and the 400t have been resolved. I have downloaded the revised cartridge and it seems to be working properly now. We will try to get to the cache this week and will report our adventure. There are sixteen finds of the cache now, but they have all been done with a PPC and not a 400t, as far as I can tell.

Anniebananie

cape ann carol
03-09-2008, 07:36 AM
I used the 400t- but it did not show the way to the next zones. Did they fix that issue already?
We knew the area to go and when we reached each zone the Colorado did kick in with no problems. If it were a bigger area we would have had trouble but we had no trouble getting into each zone without the direction.

anniebananie
03-15-2008, 03:04 PM
The Wherigo cache in Millis MA is working perfectly on the Colorado 400t. Bushwhack Bob, Mountain Wanderer and I completed the cartridge using only the 400t in the snow this morning. The logs are on the GC19THA site.
I was a lot of fun.

Anniebananie