View Full Version : 2008 Daylight Saving Time

hollora
03-05-2008, 11:51 PM
FYI Folks - This Sunday, March 9th at 2AM is the beginning of daylight savings time. Don't forget to Spring your Clocks ahead one hour!;)

If you don't, who knows, you might be late for a very important date!:eek: Seems a lot earlier this year:( and actually is compared to 2004, 5 & 6.

vicbiker
03-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Lois the best part is the sun will be up longer in the warmer time of day. These means a lot more snow melting.:D:D:D

Sabby
03-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Lois the best part is the sun will be up longer in the warmer time of day. These means a lot more snow melting.:D:D:D

I don't know. Is this a good thing?

Doesn't it mean that "mud" season is starting? :(

Perhaps keeping winter and snow all year would be better.

firefighterjake
03-06-2008, 12:12 PM

I don't know if this is the "best" thing for us snow lovers . . . but I know my wife is definitely ready for Spring.

WhereRWe?
03-06-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't know. Is this a good thing?

Doesn't it mean that "mud" season is starting? :(

Yes! We drove on some dirt roads today, and it was either ice, slush or mud! NASTY!!! ;);)

team moxiepup
03-06-2008, 09:46 PM
We like the fact that it will be lighter later in the day, when we are awake.:D

So how much day light can we save and where can we go get some more? ;)

Mapachi
03-06-2008, 11:38 PM
YIPPY! MUD! I've never been geocaching in the mud. I can't wait!........In fact Ive only cached in the snow, so mud will be a fun change! All my Pigs and Pigglets love the mud too!:):)

dí76
03-07-2008, 07:21 AM
YIPPY! MUD! I've never been geocaching in the mud. I can't wait!........In fact Ive only cached in the snow, so mud will be a fun change! All my Pigs and Pigglets love the mud too!:):)

With the mud comes black flies and mosquitos. Give me the snow any day:D

Opalsns
03-07-2008, 12:38 PM
With the mud comes black flies and mosquitos. Give me the snow any day:D

Placed my first cache in snow, have to clean it ALL THE TIME,
When it melts, I have to walk on planks to come into the house or it ruins the grass.
I have to get stock for the bug dope people beacuse I spend so much buying repellent.
So, my fine caching commrads .........

GIVE ME THE FALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

pjpreb
03-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Don't forget when you "spring ahead" to put a fresh battery in your smoke detectors. :)

dí76
03-09-2008, 10:49 AM
Don't forget when you "spring ahead" to put a fresh battery in your smoke detectors. :)

We have to change the batteries in the detectors often since usually we burn the supper meal and it goes off. Even the one in the bed room. So, we know when to change them because we will cook a couple of meals and not have to go reset it. That tells us its time to change the batteries, aswell as that anoying beep.:rolleyes:

Haffy
03-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Even the one in the bed room.

Hey Connie, does it get that HOT in the bedroom? :eek:

dí76
03-09-2008, 04:58 PM
Hey Connie, does it get that HOT in the bedroom? :eek:

Of couse, Dave is such a Stud

darterkitfox
03-09-2008, 05:36 PM
All these reminders about the time and I still didn't remember it. I got a call from work this morning and was told they didn't need me today as they are trying to cut back on hours. There is only 4 more weeks at the ski resort of being open so they are trying to make as much money as they can. Unfortunately that means I only worked two days this week. ANYWAYS ... I didn't have the clock set right so if they hadn't told me not to come in, I would have been an hour late to work and ruined my perfect attendance record of 35 years. You all tried your best to warn me, I just don't have much attention span.

hollora
03-11-2008, 12:06 AM
DKF - so if you had set your clock ahead would you have been to work before they made the call and gotten a day of work or had to turn around and head home? Cutting back and the season isn't even over - that's to bad. I tried to help. Oh well!

darterkitfox
03-11-2008, 09:58 AM
See how absolutely bad I am at the time thing? You're right, I wouldn't have been an hour late, I would have been an hour early. Deep down, I guess I was destined to never be late for work or be out with a sick day. Of course at interviews for jobs, the fact I have never missed a day of work in 35 years doesn't account for much apparently. You know what the head of the lifts said last week when he had to send someone home for the day? The other guy I work with needed to stay because he had "fines" to pay. The week before, he didn't show up for two days because he was in jail. That's a priority for the ski resort I'll tell ya.