View Full Version : GCK27G - Time and Tide Wait for No Geocacher.

hollora
03-08-2008, 10:19 PM
Seems this one is in trouble. The cache has to be one of my all time favorites. A tad of a challenge but loads of fun and beautiful. It is a bit outside of Jonesport.

The logs indicate the ammo box is empty, the bag was located in another location, question of if the ammo box is even where it belongs ~ the logs tell a long story. Everyone who has found the cache has tried to help in some small way but this needs help.

The owner posted they have moved away and can not maintain the cache. They are willing to adopt it to a new cache owner.

If I lived closer I would be willing - anyone Downeast who may be interested?

And FYI - to anyone who is going to make a wise comment about me being the Cache Police...but I do have a pretty new coin which says that on it.....this is not the case. I just noticed the posting by the cache owner and thought I would share it.

Cache Maine
03-08-2008, 10:45 PM
And FYI - to anyone who is going to make a wise comment about me being the Cache Police...but I do have a pretty new coin which says that on it.....this is not the case. I just noticed the posting by the cache owner and thought I would share it.

No worries there Hollora, you are stepping up and helping all of us maintain the caches here in Maine...for all to enjoy. That's what is important. Thanks.

al'Thor
03-09-2008, 08:43 AM
I might be able to adopt this one, however depending it's availibility during the winter months it may be a month or so before I can get to it. I will email the owner through GC.com. This cache was on my list for this spring anyway.

hollora
03-09-2008, 08:48 AM
That would be wonderful - I am sure the cache owner would appreciate it. If caches are unavailable in the winter some folks disable them so they don't come in on people's queries. Also if they are waiting to get to them.

After adoption, the option would be open to you. Thank you.

Team2hunt
03-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Seems this one is in trouble. The cache has to be one of my all time favorites. A tad of a challenge but loads of fun and beautiful. It is a bit outside of Jonesport.

The logs indicate the ammo box is empty, the bag was located in another location, question of if the ammo box is even where it belongs ~ the logs tell a long story. Everyone who has found the cache has tried to help in some small way but this needs help.

The owner posted they have moved away and can not maintain the cache. They are willing to adopt it to a new cache owner.

If I lived closer I would be willing - anyone Downeast who may be interested?

The cache police in action.......:p I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night and was feeling a little............well you know.

WhereRWe?
03-09-2008, 03:31 PM
I might be able to adopt this one, however depending it's availibility during the winter months it may be a month or so before I can get to it. I will email the owner through GC.com. This cache was on my list for this spring anyway.

Cool! Thanks! This area has some great caches and is worth a trip. :D:D

al'Thor
03-10-2008, 02:05 PM
I have adopted this cache. I have disabled the cache until I can replace, explore and make changes. I hope to have it ready within the first couple of weeks in April. I am very excited to to own this cache.

Haffy
03-10-2008, 05:42 PM
Congrats,it's because of cachers like yourself that makes caching worthwhile. We have to look out for each other.

WhereRWe?
03-12-2008, 07:31 AM
I have adopted this cache. I have disabled the cache until I can replace, explore and make changes. I hope to have it ready within the first couple of weeks in April. I am very excited to to own this cache.

Thanks! Sadly, we didn't get "Down East" this year. Too busy going to other places! LOL!

But we're talking about going to PEI after the Rendezvous Quebec event, so will be coming through on the way back. Hope there are lots of new caches in the area! :D:D

al'Thor
03-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Thanks! Sadly, we didn't get "Down East" this year. Too busy going to other places! LOL!

But we're talking about going to PEI after the Rendezvous Quebec event, so will be coming through on the way back. Hope there are lots of new caches in the area! :D:D

Within a fews months you should start seeing more caches within the Machias Area. ;) There are so many great places here just screaming for a chance to have a cache.

hollora
03-12-2008, 11:40 AM
Wooo Hooo Cache Run - Road Trip!

firefighterjake
03-12-2008, 12:33 PM
Within a fews months you should start seeing more caches within the Machias Area. ;) There are so many great places here just screaming for a chance to have a cache.

Looks like another downeast caching and camping trip again this summer then! :D

al'Thor
04-15-2008, 04:22 PM
This cache has been replaced and hidden in a new spot off the beaten path. I found the old ammo can; picked it up and will use it some where else.

WOW, what a wonderful area!!! It just may be my new favorite spot. Replacing the cache was the perfect end to a perfect day. Headed out this morning and found 9 caches including a FTF before heading to this island. Sat on the ledges and had my lunch while enoying the view. The weather was perfect.

Hopefully the muggles will stay away from this one.

hollora
04-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Thank you al'Thor for "saving" this cache. It is one of my all time favorites for many reasons. Sounds like you enjoyed it too!

Talk about risking life and limb for a caching friend...........Cache Maine will have to tell the story! A beautiful place and I hope this may be maintained for a long time.

Thanks again!