View Full Version : Pathtag's order arrives

Gob-ler
03-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Yes, Gob-ler has a signature item of sorts!

See you at the upcoming event!

Opalsns
03-13-2008, 08:12 AM
Yay,
Can't wait to see it. Kacky gave us her pathtags and I bought one on ebay, They are cool!! I have them on a necklace right now but will wear them on my Pirate hat at the next event. They are very colorful, Like MINI geocoins, sort of . Very cool, Congrats!
Opalsns

Team Richards
03-13-2008, 08:42 AM
O'Boy, I can't wait till ours comes in. Hopefully before next weeks event.

Hiram357
03-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Yes, Gob-ler has a signature item of sorts!

See you at the upcoming event!

O'Boy, I can't wait till ours comes in. Hopefully before next weeks event.

Cool! I'm hoping mine should be in soon too. These pathtags were a great idea, I sure am glad I got that nice discount too from that wonderful podcast program. :D;)

Team Richards
03-13-2008, 06:29 PM
:mad:AAAAAaaaaaa!! Nothing today.
Maybe tomorrow, Tomorrow is always my lucky day!!!:):)

hollora
03-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Do you have the shipping notice - it was 2 days from then for me. Save me one ;-)

Cache Maine
03-13-2008, 11:49 PM
I can not wait to trade with you all....very exciting.

Team Richards
03-14-2008, 07:38 AM
Do you have the shipping notice - it was 2 days from then for me. Save me one ;-)
O..... I didn't know about teh shipping notice, I guess it wont be coming today.:mad:

But maybe tomorrow:):)
I will save you one

Team Richards
03-26-2008, 05:18 PM
WOOO HOOO our pathtags are here!!!!!

Gob-ler
03-26-2008, 06:43 PM
Way to go TR, can't wait to see them.

Cache Maine
03-26-2008, 06:45 PM
WOOO HOOO our pathtags are here!!!!!

Awesome! I can't wait either!

Nothing in my mail box, but they should be here before Friday.

Hiram357
03-26-2008, 06:52 PM
woohoo! i got mine too! now we should have a cache event to trade em... :D

hollora
03-26-2008, 07:20 PM

Hello - yea ship is sailin' but the Penobby soon - put em' in your' load! There is a bunch o' pirates comin' from the South who might be interested......

Team Richards
03-26-2008, 08:08 PM

Trade ya :D

Cache Maine
03-27-2008, 07:56 AM

Hey Hiram, I'll trade you one of your tags for a couple of Etna town reports.... :D:p

Kacky
03-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Everybody save me one pleeeeeese!

Hiram357
03-27-2008, 02:05 PM
Hey Hiram, I'll trade you one of your tags for a couple of Etna town reports.... :D:p

SOLD! I hear that there's a really awesome picture on the front of it... :D

The Family Three
05-19-2008, 04:51 AM
Okay, I have a question..I found what I think is a pathtag..so how do I get them/order them and also, should I be labeling our signature item with a tag? Thanks for the help.

Hiram357
05-19-2008, 04:56 PM
Okay, I have a question..I found what I think is a pathtag..so how do I get them/order them and also, should I be labeling our signature item with a tag? Thanks for the help.

go to www.pathtags.com (http://www.pathtags.com) there you can order pathtags and also log the ones you find. you don't need to label you sig item, but is usually is a good idea to identify yourself on it so people know whos sig item they've found.

kayaking loon
05-19-2008, 06:53 PM
I got my pathtags a week or so ago, have already traded with Team Richards and Hollora and have one promised with Gob-ler. Anyone else want to trade????

:D

Hiram357
05-19-2008, 08:24 PM
I got my pathtags a week or so ago, have already traded with Team Richards and Hollora and have one promised with Gob-ler. Anyone else want to trade????

I'll set one of mine aside for you, hopefully we'll be able to make it up for your event :D:D:D

Cache Maine
05-20-2008, 06:48 AM

Ohhhhh...ohhh!!!! ME! ME! But you will have to pick which one you would like. Here are my three.
http://track.pathtags.com/blueprints/5946/thumb_blueprint.jpghttp://track.pathtags.com/blueprints/6114/thumb_blueprint.jpghttp://track.pathtags.com/blueprints/6289/thumb_blueprint.jpg

The Family Three
05-20-2008, 04:10 PM
O.k. so what is a trail card? Honestly I feel like an idiot!

Hiram357
05-20-2008, 05:27 PM

don't feel bad, I have no idea what that is either... :D

I tried google and this is the only legitimate thing I came up with http://www.georgiahikes.com/main.asp?url=/trails/trail_disp.asp?id=94

Kacky
05-21-2008, 04:03 AM

Me too!
http://track.pathtags.com/publicpathtagprofile.php?id=6003
http://track.pathtags.com/publicpathtagprofile.php?id=6352

Medawisla
05-21-2008, 07:53 PM

Pathtags will make as a feature in the June Newsletter! Be sure you're signed up:)

To receive future Newsletters or other occasional messages from Geocaching Maine, please log into GeocachingMaine.org Control Panel and check the Receive Email from Administrators option.

The Family Three
05-22-2008, 04:17 PM
Thank you for the help..the pathtags are awesome looking! Being creative is not one of my talents, plus getting the 3 of us to agree on one design may prove to be entertaining! Hubby says we need one for each of us, since our son is now grown and has his own team. Thanks again!

hollora
05-22-2008, 04:22 PM
Thank you for the help..the pathtags are awesome looking! Being creative is not one of my talents, plus getting the 3 of us to agree on one design may prove to be entertaining! Hubby says we need one for each of us, since our son is now grown and has his own team. Thanks again!

The pathtags make great birthday presents for adult kids.:) Just make sure you clear your design for them with them.;) You can purchase them on you account and then the company will transfer them over to the other person.:cool:

I bought my daughter, Francis Family, a supply for her birthday. She isn't really into trading them yet.

The Family Three
06-01-2008, 05:54 AM
That's a really great idea Hollora...thanks

Team2hunt
06-01-2008, 07:54 AM

Not sure if this answers your question or not. I recently found a homemade card in a cache. There was a tracking number and a website on it. The card stated it was like a travel bug and could be tracked. The website on the card was definitely the cachers own homepage.

Don't feel like an idiot. We were all newbies at one time. I still have times when I feel like that. Thanks for the question.

derb522002
06-02-2008, 01:46 AM
I have my path tags and I have already traded with some people that asked for them.

kayaking loon
06-02-2008, 05:11 PM
I have my path tags and I have already traded with some people that asked for them.

What's the number of your tag? Mine is 6266. I'll trade if you want to.

And on a related/unrelated topic: :D What's the best way to display the tags collected? Someone suggested a magnetic white board but I haven't found one yet. I did get a 8"x11" metal board at Michaels, and it has a hole at the top so you can hang it on a nail. Cost about $5.00 but wasn't too pretty. I also bought very small magnets to put on the back of the tags, also at Michaels. You can stick them on the refrigerator too but I worry about them getting knocked off and lost. Hollora wears them on a necklace but it's getting heavy. I saw a photo of someone who hung them on a fake Christmas tree but I didn't really like that. Hanging them on a fake plant or a birch branch might look good.

But I just tried an attractive $2.00 8"x10" photo frame from Wal-Mart and put a sheet of magnetic paper in it, black side out. Now that looks nice with the colorful tags.

And do you realize that some people have 24 different designs! I thought I was doing good to get one design..... but I am working on another....:D

Kacky
06-07-2008, 12:44 AM
What's the number of your tag? Mine is 6266. I'll trade if you want to.

And on a related/unrelated topic: :D What's the best way to display the tags collected?
I'm putting mine on a jacket. It weighs like 10 pounds.
http://whozatvoice.net/newcoat.JPG

darterkitfox
08-10-2008, 06:12 PM
I read through several of the threads on pathtags but couldn't find out what they do. I found one from Martes and the hookers today but tried to log as a coin or TB and it didn't work. Was I supposed to take it? Am I now cursed for having it in my possession?

Medawisla
08-10-2008, 08:21 PM
I read through several of the threads on pathtags but couldn't find out what they do. I found one from Martes and the hookers today but tried to log as a coin or TB and it didn't work. Was I supposed to take it? Am I now cursed for having it in my possession?

Yeah, I'm surprised the link wasn't in this thread...here it is: http://www.pathtags.com/

You log the tag with the number on the back. What you are doing is saying that you "crossed paths" with whoever's tag you have. A person has a unique number, which is on their tags; unlike a geocoin where the coin has the unique number. You can also see who else has "crossed paths" with whoever. They're gaining popularity fast! I heard through the grapevine that these were the must-have items at the mega events this year. Enjoy!:cool:

kayaking loon
08-11-2008, 12:13 PM

Sure, you can take it and keep it. A lot of people are confused about this, they think it's like a geocoin or TB. It's not. If you don't want it, you can just drop it in another cache. In other words, it's swag.

I have two now but the second one is only available (currently) to people who complete GC1EE71. :D

hollora
08-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Jean - that's a great idea - a challenge pathtag. Woo Hoo!

Cache Maine
08-11-2008, 07:33 PM
I have two now but the second one is only available (currently) to people who complete GC1EE71. :D

What a neat idea....our newest pathtag...the mushy one above as my avatar...will be available in a unique way as well....I can't wait for them to arrive!

Team U.S.Eh?
08-14-2008, 01:35 PM
I usually just lurk in these forums, but we got our pathtags today and I am so excited I had to share :D

firefighterjake
08-14-2008, 02:53 PM
I usually just lurk in these forums, but we got our pathtags today and I am so excited I had to share :D

I'm not much into the coins or pathtags, but this one looks pretty sharp . . . eh? ;):D

P.S. Lurkers are always welcome here . . . especially when they finally break down and make a post. ;):D

WhereRWe?
08-14-2008, 04:39 PM
P.S. Lurkers are always welcome here . . . especially when they finally break down and make a post. ;):D

We're still getting 1-2 new members every day. Should be more people showing up in the forums occasionally. :D:D

aaronpriest
08-18-2008, 10:10 AM

OK... you finally found me... :eek:

Haffy
08-18-2008, 05:52 PM
We knew you were around somewhere......:D

Team U.S.Eh?
08-30-2008, 04:06 PM
OK, now I am really confused. Who is the Pathtag Fairy? This feels like a St. Jude ad, but "Thank You Pathtag Fairy!"

Cache Maine
08-30-2008, 09:47 PM
Ohhhhh!!! Lucky you! The pathtag fairy is a special member of the pathtag community that sends her tags out to unsuspecting people. Congrats on your mail, that is pretty awesome!