View Full Version : Geocoin Discovery - An Adventure in Learning!

hollora
03-21-2008, 08:36 PM
For a while now, I have marveled at the discovery logs for Geocoins posted by Team Richards (TR). This family puts a whole new perspective on writing a log after writing down the number off a coin seen at an event.:)

We all know, trudging off to find a cache may take you to a new place, allow you to view new vistas and generally give you a good feeling. But discovering coins, it sure can be rote - what do we do this for?? Just a cute little icon which someone paid extra to have attached to their coin?:confused:

Well, TR carries Geocoin discovery to a new height and the extra mile.:D It is seldom, if ever, they view a coin, write down the number and then just log - something like "nice coin, thanks for sharing". Oh yeah, I am guilty of this, too. Their discovery logs usually always contain some factual information about the art or subject of the coin. Some meaningful information.:)

I thank them all for their time to explore and learn together. Through their informative logs, I, too, have learned a lot ~ from information about optical illusions, information about dogs and loads of other neat facts and things. There is always an informative tid-bit to learn. Truly, this is the heatbeat of expanding the mission of coins in collections which we hold and do not release. What can we learn from the subject portrayed on these coins?

TR is doing the research and sharing it with us. If you have never read a discovery log written by TR, find an event they attended to see some coins they have discovered. It is a whole new World of learning!

Thank you - TR for making the coins I have shared - come alive! Cache on, cache happy - keep discovering!:D

Cache Maine
03-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Yeah, I agree...you guys rock. I made sure to research before logging one of TR's coins a while back...and we both got a good chuckle. It is very time consuming what they do to log coins, and we all benefit.

Medawisla
03-22-2008, 08:05 PM
Thanks Team Richards!!
I remember another thread where we got off topic and onto the topic of your grand coin logs. It's really wonderful that you enjoy geocaching so much and share your joys with us! Here's to many more coins and caches and stories!:D

Team Richards
03-23-2008, 07:47 PM
Thank you so much we are glad you enjoy our logs.
We will have to admit not all coins get that attention. Some events we see so many coins we have to pick and choose how long we research things. In the end we enjoy ourselves, and it is nice to know others enjoy it too.

hollora
03-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Actually - some of your logs would look nice in a little book!

EMSDanel
03-23-2008, 11:26 PM
I would also like to say thanks and that I appreciate all the effort that goes into those logs.......not only the research but the time it takes to type it all out! It all adds to the enjoyment we get from this sport. Kudos to Team Richards!