View Full Version : event/collection-ish type cache

flwrldy&buds
03-02-2005, 10:59 PM
Hey, I was just wondering what your thoughts were on a possible event/collection type of cache... I'd seen the idea done in other states and wondered what the response would be here. I was thinking about hosting an event cache with the intention of collecting something for a worthy cause such as...... preemie/needy babies, food for the hungry, items for the military, toys, (etc.) for kids at Christmas, or another local charity..... I was thinking of doing something for a local charity. I'd love feedback with thoughts, ideas, whatever. Please give it some thought and let me know! Thanks! Ciao!

Mainiac1957
03-03-2005, 08:00 AM
In my opinion I feel anything that can be done to help a worthy cause is a good thing. As long as they are legit. And ANY excuse to get together with fellow cachers is always on the top of my list as a good thing to do. Stacy, If you plan they will come! ;)

WhereRWe?
03-03-2005, 08:02 AM
Sounds like a great idea.
If it were held in the Skowhegan area, I'm pretty sure I cound get Darla Pickett from the Morning Sentinel to write up something about it.

Go for it! :D

Beach Comber
03-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Supporting local needs would be fantastic. Any of the venues that you listed would be great. What a wonderful idea - clearly you are a very kind soul :)

mainemuel
03-03-2005, 11:05 PM
Any couse worthy of consideration is a good one, how about your friends or family, mine would be cancer research or foster kids, being a foster parent for the last 7 years and my dad died from cancer.

dont know if i could be there depends on where and when but a great idea!!!
I'm new to caching but its good fun. Any time you can help others is a great time.

Cache Maine
03-04-2005, 09:59 AM
I'm in! As long as the cause is local, I would be all for it.

I'm always up for a chance to get together with all my caching friends.

Team2hunt
03-05-2005, 12:33 PM
My navigator and I would be happy to help. My only thought as with others it should be local. I can drag the newbies we have created.:cool: