View Full Version : boredom sets in

d’76
04-01-2008, 07:00 PM
So after several days of down time I will soon complete the world wide web. I feel that I have successfully been to every website in the world. Heres proof. If nothing else it will be entertaining to check out

http://theshadowlands.net/places/maine.htm

Team Richards
04-01-2008, 07:07 PM
Dave you should take up knitting or origami maybe baking.:D:)

Kaching Karen
04-01-2008, 07:26 PM
Please note that even the ghosts are bored in Augusta. They must have been looking for excitement elsewhere because they didn't stay here.

dubord207
04-02-2008, 06:10 AM
Please note that even the ghosts are bored in Augusta. They must have been looking for excitement elsewhere because they didn't stay here.

No need to be bored. Grab a caching friend and head on out. Mapachi and I teamed up yesterday and he hit 100 and I hit 300. We had a lot of laughs and challenges along the way and the western areas of the state won't see a lot of finds for a few more weeks. Pray for Spring!!!:):):)

Opalsns
04-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Are you feeling any better Dave? Hope your healed enough to go to Pirate Quest!
By the time your up and atom, there will be a hundred more caches to find but untill then, Ghost Hunters os on tonite!!!!!
Opalsns

d’76
04-02-2008, 06:14 PM
Are you feeling any better Dave? Hope your healed enough to go to Pirate Quest!
By the time your up and atom, there will be a hundred more caches to find but untill then, Ghost Hunters os on tonite!!!!!
Opalsns

Feeling better but had to go back to the doctor the yesterday. He thinks in a few weeks may have to have a follow up surgery. I'm not ready to take that step yet. I think with time the body will heal:(

hollora
04-02-2008, 09:59 PM
Feeling better but had to go back to the doctor the yesterday. He thinks in a few weeks may have to have a follow up surgery. I'm not ready to take that step yet. I think with time the body will heal:(

Like you are joking? Right???:eek: I was with you Saturday - a private nurse and everything - what to heck happened?:confused:

Should I purchase extra ice for the event?:p

darterkitfox
04-02-2008, 10:00 PM

In my last year at the jail during annual self defense training, the instructor bent my arm back hurting my shoulder. For many months I had extreme pain in certain positions. When I finally went to a therapist, I was amazed when he showed me in a mirror how when I raised both arms over my head, one shoulder was not symetrical during the move. When I lost my insurance, I stopped the therapy. It took 11 months but at the end within a few weeks I was back to normal. A doctor said it was called a "frozen" shoulder and usually in about a year, it comes out of it on it's own. I don't know if you would want to go a full year with pain but if an operation is easy and affordable, I would choose that I think.

Hiram357
04-02-2008, 10:23 PM
In my last year at the jail during annual self defense training, the instructor bent my arm back hurting my shoulder. For many months I had extreme pain in certain positions. When I finally went to a therapist, I was amazed when he showed me in a mirror how when I raised both arms over my head, one shoulder was not symetrical during the move. When I lost my insurance, I stopped the therapy. It took 11 months but at the end within a few weeks I was back to normal. A doctor said it was called a "frozen" shoulder and usually in about a year, it comes out of it on it's own. I don't know if you would want to go a full year with pain but if an operation is easy and affordable, I would choose that I think.

in dave's situation... i for one would choose death... :eek::eek::eek:

Mainiac1957
04-03-2008, 05:29 AM
in dave's situation... i for one would choose death... :eek::eek::eek:

I really don't want to know WHAT they messed up so I'm afraid to ask:eek:

Dave, take care and I'm there for ya buddy, in spirit anyways.:cool:

dubord207
04-03-2008, 06:17 AM

I had frozen shoulder last summer. My left shoulder was so bad I could not but my belt through the loops. I was a referred to Bob Benner and very talented PT in Watervile, now Oakland and did about 8 weeks of PT with him twice a week. I also followed his recommendations on stretching exercies he recommended and I'm back to 100%. My injury came from lifting free weights incorrectly, I think. So your experience seems to have mirrored my own. A lot of folks would jump too quickly for the surgical option but as we can both attest the PT can resolve this problem. So with upper extremities intact, it's off to caching we go!

Opalsns
04-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Wow Dave,
That's not good news. I agree about opting out of surgery. Hollora and I had talked about Neurosurgeons etc. Mine is great. She told me to continue PT and hold off on an operation for now!! Mind over body and matter!
HEAL THYSELF!!!!
Best Wishes to you and Girlmate !!!!
Opalsns

firefighterjake
04-03-2008, 07:40 AM
. . . My injury came from lifting free weights . . .!

Ha . . . I knew exercise was hazardous to one's health. ;):D

firefighterjake
04-03-2008, 07:42 AM
I really don't want to know WHAT they messed up so I'm afraid to ask:eek:

Dave, take care and I'm there for ya buddy, in spirit anyways.:cool:

Between you and Hiram and my imagination I'm really starting to wonder what happened to poor Dave . . . I'm getting some pretty wild and crazy thoughts as to what's messed up and how it got messed up. ;):D

In the meantime Dave here's another website for ya . . .

www.ratemycop.com (http://www.ratemycop.com)

Hiram357
04-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Between you and Hiram and my imagination I'm really starting to wonder what happened to poor Dave . . . I'm getting some pretty wild and crazy thoughts as to what's messed up and how it got messed up. ;):D

In the meantime Dave here's another website for ya . . .

www.ratemycop.com (http://www.ratemycop.com)

trust me... you don't wanna know.