View Full Version : Team Teebow 1 admitted to hospital

team teebow
04-05-2008, 09:00 AM
Hi all my fellow Geocaching friends.........

I am looking for good thoughts and prayer in numbers. What better place then Geocaching Maine to find some.

Tom, Team Teebow 1, has been at Parkview Adventist hospital in ICU since Thursday with Atrial Fibrillation. (irregular heartbeat) We were in hopes of him coming home today but he called his morning and said that it is a no go, his heart rate is still up there. I could hear the disappointment in his voice. I am trying to hold it all together here at home and not get too worked up about it. Not an easy job at all, I am on the brink of a breakdown, I can just feel it. I need Tom back home.

Anyway, please keep Tom in your thoughts and prayers and when you are out there on the trail think of Tom getting better and being able to hit the trail soon. I know that prayer in numbers can work miracles, I am doing my best to get that miracle and quick healing.

Thanks everyone and hey, hit a few caches for us!
Cheryl (team teebow 2)

tat
04-05-2008, 09:04 AM
We certainly will keep Tom in our prayers.

team moxiepup
04-05-2008, 09:06 AM
He will be in our thoughts. Hang in there he will be back on his feet before you know it.

Haffy
04-05-2008, 09:21 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with him and hang in there,things will be better.

Opalsns
04-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Sending Prayers and all the best wishes to Tom and You.
Be strong !!!
Opalsns and BubbaBass

Sabby
04-05-2008, 09:46 AM
Both of you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

brdad
04-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Our thoughts are with you. Keep the faith, miracles do happen, I have been there.

attroll
04-05-2008, 12:15 PM
I know you probably already have all you close family at your side there to help you but if there is anything at all that you need do not hesitate to give us a call. We are only a short ways away from you and if there is anything, I mean anything let use know.

Team Richards
04-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Cheryl, our thoughts are with you and Tom both at home and at work, Please let us know what we can do to help you out.

vicbiker
04-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Cheryl, I would like to share a story with you...Two years ago my friend Jim was afflicted with the same problem Tom has....he spent Mon., Tues., and Weds in the hospital getting his heart rate under control on Fri. morning we left for a three day snowshoeing trip to the top of Bigelow Mt....Jim was not only with us, but leading the way a good part of the time. He's never had this problem since. Vic

Cache Maine
04-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Hey guys,

Sorry to hear this news. We want to wish Tom a speedy recovery. If there is anything I can do from far away, just let me know! Wish I was closer! You will all be in our thoughts!

Send me your address and I'll send you some cheer!

hollora
04-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Will also be praying for a speedy recovery. I remember when Ralph had by-pass surgery and that panic which sets in. Hold in there - be strong.

There is a very comforting web site (or at least for me) where one can light candles, pray and/or reflect. Here is the link for the group I started for Tom - the group name is Teebo http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=Teebo

Hope this give you some comfort - please PM or email if there is anything we can do.

kayakerinme
04-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Wishing Team Teebow 1 a speedy recovery... my thoughts are with you all.

team teebow
04-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Just got back from Parkview. Tom is going to have a Transesophogeal Echocardigraphy and Cardioversion done either tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday. I mean it isn't bad news but it is what we were trying to avoid having done. Tom is scared, as the rest of his family is. I am doing my best to stay strong for him and the kids. Not an easy job and I do have my moments of total break down. It is so hard to keep those what if thoughts out of your head. They just keep creeping back in. I feel like I am not even here, this isn't happening.

Continue to keep him in your thoughts. He needs some strength right now. Me, well I am sick to my stomach just thinking about all of this.

Ms Toastmaster
04-06-2008, 04:44 AM
Both of you are in my prayers but especially you. Tom is where he needs to be and is in good hands but you have the hardest job.. "waiting". God bless.

Cache Maine
04-06-2008, 07:50 AM
Checking in for today...thanks for the update even if it wasn't exactly what you wanted to have happen. You know we are behind you 100%....whatever you need...thoughts, prayers, someone to come sit with you or Tom, you name it. This is a hard time. Ms. Toastmaster is so right by saying that Tom is where he needs to be....he's in good hands and getting the care that he needs.

We are here for you through this and we will be strong for you. Hang in there!

hollora
04-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Prayers and thoughts are with you today. I know your agony - Ralph's surgery was in 1990 - I was a wreck for weeks.

Tom is in the right place. Whatever you need - other than thoughts and prayers - just let us know. I am sure this great community can make it happen.

WhereRWe?
04-06-2008, 01:43 PM
Best wishes from WhereRWe? and RULOST2?. He'll be out of there in no time...

:D:D

Team2hunt
04-06-2008, 02:18 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Tom, you and the rest of the family.

Gob-ler
04-06-2008, 03:12 PM
I am not all that far away, if you need anything or we can help in any way we are available.

Our prayers go out to you, hang in there!

Foxgloves
04-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Thoughts and prayers coming from VT too.
Get better Team Teebow... Come on...you can do it!

pjpreb
04-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family too.

firefighterjake
04-07-2008, 07:49 AM
Thinking of you guys!

Incidentally, if you want Hiram and I would be willing to try that cardioversion thing for a lot less than those high-fallutin' docs . . . I'm pretty sure we could help you guys out by hooking up Tom to some booster cables and connecting them to my 4Runner . . . on second thought, maybe Tom better stay right where he's at. . . . ;)

You've got a lot of friends thinking of both of you . . . keep the faith.

becket
04-07-2008, 08:47 AM
cheryl, i'm thinking of you and tom. i know you will both find the strength to get through this. best wishes

Beach Comber
04-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Thinking of you and sending well wishes your way!!

team teebow
04-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Tom is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything went fine, he is exhausted and still a bit nervous of the a-fib returning. I plan to get his butt out there caching and walking. I keep telling him that he can walk as slow as he wants, no rush.

Please keep him in your thoughts, he is still recovering from this scary ordeal.

hollora
04-07-2008, 07:46 PM
Woooo Hooooo! Tell him to follow doctors orders and life should be good. Walking is usually good. Take your time regardless. Prayers are answered and will continue!

Mainiac1957
04-07-2008, 07:55 PM
Cheryl, I'm so happy to hear that Tom is home. The Docs can treat you, but recovery is best at home. No doubt about that.

Hiram357
04-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Thinking of you guys!

Incidentally, if you want Hiram and I would be willing to try that cardioversion thing for a lot less than those high-fallutin' docs . . . I'm pretty sure we could help you guys out by hooking up Tom to some booster cables and connecting them to my 4Runner . . . on second thought, maybe Tom better stay right where he's at. . . . ;)

You've got a lot of friends thinking of both of you . . . keep the faith.

better leave the stuff to the professionals, if you see a 4runner in your driveway, lock the doors, shut off all the lights, pull down the blinds and pretend no one is home...

glad all went well and that you're on the road to recovery :D

tat
04-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Great news!! Here's to a speedy recovery!

Kacky
04-07-2008, 09:46 PM
I know he's getting the best of care, Cheryl. Hang in there. We're pulling for you.

Cache Maine
04-08-2008, 05:59 AM
Awesome! So glad to hear that Tom is home! That makes my day!

WhereRWe?
04-08-2008, 08:34 AM
Tom is home!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Everything went fine, he is exhausted and still a bit nervous of the a-fib returning. .

Great News! And it could have been a lot worse - he could have had a colonoscopy! :eek::eek:

Hope to see y'all on the trail soon...

Opalsns
04-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Atta Boy Tom !!!!!!!!!!!

hollora
04-08-2008, 10:50 AM
Great News! And it could have been a lot worse - he could have had a colonoscopy! :eek::eek:

Hope to see y'all on the trail soon...

Being a family where we did and had paid attention to having these sorts of diagnostic screening tests done after 50 y.o. and still having colon cancer hit us....I now view this screening as Very! important! It is the prep, not the test, which is offensive but I can assure you - the alternative, if you have colon cancer is much worse.

I hope everyone gets their screenings done on a regular basis..........a polyp here - a polyp there is better than major surgery which becomes life altering. JMHO

And now back to the thread topic - Glad Tom is home !

Beach Comber
04-08-2008, 01:16 PM
That's great Tom! Glad you are home :)

Hiram357
04-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Being a family where we did and had paid attention to having these sorts of diagnostic screening tests done after 50 y.o. and still having colon cancer hit us....I now view this screening as Very! important! It is the prep, not the test, which is offensive but I can assure you - the alternative, if you have colon cancer is much worse.

I hope everyone gets their screenings done on a regular basis..........a polyp here - a polyp there is better than major surgery which becomes life altering. JMHO

And now back to the thread topic - Glad Tom is home !

(not to take this thread off track or anything, but I have a friend who is going through kemo for colon cancer, and he's only in his 30's, the doctors told him that it's actually becoming more common in younger people to have these types of cancer)

Team2hunt
04-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Woohoo!! :) I'll be in Topsham on Thursday and Friday. I'd love to go for an afternoon walk. Just let me know. :D

EMSDanel
04-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Tom and Cheryl... Now that it's all over, chances are excellent that Tom is going to be OK with no worries about getting out and doing his geocaching thing. Welcome back!

hollora
04-08-2008, 09:43 PM
yup, EMSDanel is right and I say - take a walk with Team2Hunt and cache on! Live is Good!

team teebow
04-09-2008, 03:51 PM
Tom is doing good. We take regular trips to the hospital twice a day for blood thinner shots and he has an appt. with the cardiologist on Friday. He is napping right now. Slowly but surely he is returning to the funny and grumpy Tom that he was before all of this. :D

tat
04-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Great news! I hope he's up and about soon!

Opalsns
04-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Do you think you'll make it the pirate event ???? We can hide all the dancing wenches if you'd like !!!! LOL!!!!!
So glad your home!!!
Opalsns and BubbaBass

d’76
04-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Do you think you'll make it the pirate event ???? We can hide all the dancing wenches if you'd like !!!! LOL!!!!!
So glad your home!!!
Opalsns and BubbaBass

Never ever hide the dancing wenches. :D

Mainiac1957
04-09-2008, 07:09 PM
I didn't even know they were coming this year. SHeesh!! I'm always the last to know.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

brdad
05-08-2008, 01:15 PM
How is Tom doing, we haven't heard much for a while?

team teebow
05-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Tom is doing great. We just got his new kayak delivered yesterday to replace the one that some jerk decided to steal last September. He is anxious to get on the water!

Thanks for asking, He is doing better. Still taking what he calls rat poison (Coumadin) until July when we hope the cardiologists says he doesn't need it anymore.

hollora
05-13-2008, 09:17 PM
That is wonderful news. Thanks for the update.

vicbiker
05-13-2008, 10:25 PM
My son Paul has been on the RAT POISON for three years now. He has to take a large dose every day, or his blood becomes to thick and starts to clot. Really hate to see him on this, but the spe******t say it's a forever thing. Some rare blood disorder. All the books I read say it's not a good drug, but sometimes a necessary one.