View Full Version : International event?

Zonker&co
04-17-2008, 02:57 PM
The following was posted in the MGA website (Maritime Geocaching Association):
Wouldnt it be cool if we could do an international event. For example, in the towns of St. Stephen and Calais, or Houlton and Woodstock, we could do an event in one town on Friday night or Saturday, and another event in the other town on the next day or morning. We could promote it in both Maine and NB, and get to know fellow cachers on the other side of the border!
Whaddya all think? Any takers?

Link here:
http://www.maritimegeocaching.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=5104&st=0&#entry51933

Opinions?

WhereRWe?
04-17-2008, 04:25 PM
We think it's a great idea! Go for it! LOL! :D:D

Mainiac1957
04-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I have been to an event in Canada and are going to another one in May. One on the border would get my attention for sure. Yes, go for it.

tat
04-17-2008, 06:50 PM
I know I'll go, if I can.

Hiram357
04-17-2008, 08:41 PM
I know of a great campground in topsfield! :D:D:D

hollora
04-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Do it - folks will come...

attroll
04-18-2008, 12:41 AM
I don't have a passport so I would not be able to make it.

Kacky
04-18-2008, 07:47 AM
That's a great idea! We do something similar in Eastern Star, when we have the Maritime Grand Family Exchange. The Canadians will come here and do the initiation ceremony on a new Maine member, and then we go over there and initiate a new Canadian member. It makes it very special for the person joining, to have their initiation done by foreign dignitaries.

Maybe there will be enough activities both days to make it worthwhile for folks who can't cross the border. I'm sure there are Canadians who are stuck on their side, as well.

Hiram357
04-18-2008, 03:18 PM

rick there's a stream not too far off from one of andy's caches where it's easy enough to wade across.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

Starzz
04-18-2008, 04:52 PM

U.S. citizens 19 years and older who enter the U.S. at land and sea ports of entry from within the Western Hemisphere will need to present government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license as proof of identity, along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate, or a passport. Children age 18 and under will be able to enter with proof of citizenship.

Hiram357
04-18-2008, 05:39 PM
U.S. citizens 19 years and older who enter the U.S. at land and sea ports of entry from within the Western Hemisphere will need to present government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license as proof of identity, along with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate or naturalization certificate, or a passport. Children age 18 and under will be able to enter with proof of citizenship.

so whaddya need for the childrend as proof? just the reciept??? :rolleyes::D

Zonker&co
04-20-2008, 11:00 AM
If you're driving across, you just need a photo ID.

Sudonim
04-22-2008, 08:11 AM
rick there's a stream not too far off from one of andy's caches where it's easy enough to wade across.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek:

During certain parts of the year, I think the mosquitoes could carry you across the border from that cache!!!

Border Jumper
05-27-2008, 09:16 AM
Calais/St.Stephen has the international festival every year, and having lived on the Border most of my life I think this is a great idea. I grew up in St. Stephen and have since moved to Calais, and would be willing to help with an international event in any way I could.

Border Jumper
05-27-2008, 09:22 AM
Adults need Govt. issued id (Drivers License) plus Birth certificate. Children I am unsure of. I live in Calais and my grandkids in New Brunswick. They are 7 months, 3 and 4. We had NB id's done for all of them yes even the 7 month old. However have yet been asked for any ID when crossing into the US, and only once when returning them home to NB. It does cost much for the proper paper work, and it is better to be safe.

Border Jumper
05-27-2008, 09:48 AM
I would like to get a group together on the border between Calais/St. Stephen. Perhaps someone will know a good location for a cache, but not want to put one out there or does not know who owns land. We could get together talk and help each other out.

dragonflys
05-28-2008, 10:19 PM
interesting idea, alot of fun ideas you could do with this