View Full Version : FFJ Hits the big 1000!

Sudonim
05-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Congrats Jason, that's a lot of hunting around under your belt:p
(And we know that you didn't load up on event caches, they were all "in the wild")

hollora
05-15-2008, 03:02 PM
Congrats Jake - am sure happy to have shared a few with you. On to many more - and the adventures too!

kayakerinme
05-15-2008, 03:17 PM
Congratulations! Another Mainah making a Grand milestone :p

Mainiac1957
05-15-2008, 04:26 PM
Congrats Jason, that's a lot of hunting around under your belt:p
(And we know that you didn't load up on event caches, they were all "in the wild")

Had you visited a few more events you'd have hit that years ago.:rolleyes:

dubord207
05-15-2008, 04:51 PM
Way to go big guy! Careful where you cache in Vegas and careful how you spend your cash! Now on to 2000!:)

Haffy
05-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Congrats FFJ. Hope the next time when I come up for a visit we can finally meet. When I was up last week I too got my 1000th cache. Sure took me a lot longer than you though. I had to make the 1000 in Maine since that is where I started all this to begin with. Congrats!!!

TRF
05-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Congratulations!!

becket
05-15-2008, 05:55 PM
hey, jake! congratulations! thanks for letting me tag along on a few of your finds - it was always fun, and you were always very patient.

you were the first cacher i came across out in the wild - on sears island. AND you had a magellan! woohoo!

also, i want to thank you for putting out some great caches. i have enjoyed the challenge of finding them.

here's to your next 1000. (ps: delorme is a pretty cool gps, too!)

becket
05-15-2008, 06:45 PM
When I was up last week I too got my 1000th cache. Sure took me a lot longer than you though. I had to make the 1000 in Maine since that is where I started all this to begin with. congratulations to you, too, haffy! very cool!

Team2hunt
05-15-2008, 07:30 PM
A great milestone. Thanks for allowing the Team to tag along on a few of them at one of the Tread Lightly events. I posted a smiley......but it didn't show up. Now on to more caching around the state.

bmeserve
05-16-2008, 11:57 AM
Congratulations!!!

Sabby
05-16-2008, 12:57 PM
Congratulations FFJ !

Hope to see you at the next EVENT. :)

al'Thor
05-16-2008, 04:12 PM
Great Job!!!!!!

Gob-ler
05-16-2008, 06:19 PM
Hey Now, 1000 is a pretty big number! Glad you got there, Cache on!

Hiram357
05-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Yeah, there goes Jake again, being all about the numbers....:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

vicbiker
05-18-2008, 08:13 PM
Congratulations Jake....we haven't got to do any caches together yet and we haven't done any events together yet....but we did get to do one very special birthday together.

firefighterjake
05-19-2008, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the well wishes . . . but other than a recent cache run with Hiram and Medawisla (where I was purposely trying to get some maps done) I can honestly say caching for me has always been about the journey, the friends and the adventure and not the numbers . . . well except for the GRCs . . . my goal is to find them all! :D

Hiram357
05-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the well wishes . . . but other than a recent cache run with Hiram and Medawisla (where I was purposely trying to get some maps done) I can honestly say caching for me has always been about the journey, the friends and the adventure and not the numbers . . . well except for the GRCs . . . my goal is to find them all! :D

numbers numbers numbers.... sheesh, you people make me sick... :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

firefighterjake
05-19-2008, 09:44 AM
numbers numbers numbers.... sheesh, you people make me sick... :rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Welcome home Buddy. So how was Colorado . . . find any snakes, gold or silver . . . or Coors?

firefighterjake
05-19-2008, 09:54 AM

Speaking of numbers . . . when I showed you the bathroom Heidi and I were working on the other day did you happen to notice that the "numbers" were off? Just yesterday we realized . . . well Heidi realized . . . that we had incoming hot and cold water for the sink . . . but we had forgot to plumb the drain pipe. Oops! :o

Hiram357
05-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Welcome home Buddy. So how was Colorado . . . find any snakes, gold or silver . . . or Coors?

It was beyond awesome, I was almost in tears when we tookoff because I didn't want to leave, as I type I'm compiling all the photos into a .wmv hopefully the file won't be too large and I can upload it and link it to the site. sadly we didn't find any snakes :( but we found wild bighorn sheep, buffalo, mule deer (diff than deer around here, we have whitetail, mules have black tipped tails) some grouse like bird that I can't identify (even with my audubon books...some sage grouse, and all sorts of other tasty looking animals! :D

oh yeah, and I did drink ONE coors just to say I drank one in colorado... :cool:

firefighterjake
05-19-2008, 12:03 PM
It was beyond awesome, I was almost in tears when we tookoff because I didn't want to leave, as I type I'm compiling all the photos into a .wmv hopefully the file won't be too large and I can upload it and link it to the site. sadly we didn't find any snakes :( but we found wild bighorn sheep, buffalo, mule deer (diff than deer around here, we have whitetail, mules have black tipped tails) some grouse like bird that I can't identify (even with my audubon books...some sage grouse, and all sorts of other tasty looking animals! :D

oh yeah, and I did drink ONE coors just to say I drank one in colorado... :cool:

I'm looking forward to hearing all about your travels.