View Full Version : SlimCache update

djgray1200
06-08-2008, 08:41 AM
Real good week 1 results to share. I lost 8 lbs. I'm amped this morning.

Haffy
06-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Love reading your blog, keep up the great work!!! Sure looks like you have started something with everyone logging on to check your progress and seeing others doing the same type of program.

Team2hunt
06-08-2008, 06:51 PM
Real good week 1 results to share. I lost 8 lbs. I'm amped this morning.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing, what is sometimes a difficult topic to discuss.

djgray1200
07-06-2008, 04:28 PM
It's been a little while since I brought this up. I'm just slightly over a month in and am happy to say I'm 21 lbs. down! If I can't toot my own horn about this what can I?

mipster
07-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Good for you! Most of us know how hard it is. Sometimes you get to a point where your not loosing as much as you'd like. Never give up. I work at our local fitness center. A lot of people expect to look much thinner in a month or two and then be able to stay that way. It's normaly not that way at all. Exercise is so important (geocaching counts!!!). So when you are buiding up muscles you can weigh more just from that. But building muscles burns fat all day long. I hope you can reach your goal & maintain it! It is a life changing habit to be able to adjust your eating habits & to make time to exercise. But you'll look great & more importantly feel great! You sound very positive & happy. Keep up the good work! You can do it!
Mipster

darterkitfox
07-06-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't understand weight. I can weigh myself everyday on the same scale and the same conditions. I sometimes in a 24 hour period lose 5 lbs and then gain it back in a couple days to start over again. Where does that much weight come and go? In the past I would cut down on eating to lose weight and lose 10 lbs in a week but never another lb in the next month keeping the same eating habit.

TRF
07-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I don't understand weight. I can weigh myself everyday on the same scale and the same conditions. I sometimes in a 24 hour period lose 5 lbs and then gain it back in a couple days to start over again. Where does that much weight come and go? In the past I would cut down on eating to lose weight and lose 10 lbs in a week but never another lb in the next month keeping the same eating habit.

In some instances, the cells replace the extra weight with water as the body feels it may need to keep the cells(your body put lots of effort making the extra storage places :) ) Therefore, water weight loss and gain can be significant on a daily basis. Once your body gets rid of the extra storage capacity of the cells then that water weight generated by them will not be an issue. Your body will adjust over time. Like muscles, the more you need them the more they make (striated muscle cells) the less you use them the less your body will put energy into keeping them. It can be discouraging but with patience and persistence won't be an issue..

djgray1200
07-08-2008, 04:15 PM
I've noticed those same variations. For example, my weigh ins for the blog are on Sunday mornings. Out of curiosity I got on the scale on Saturday rather than Sunday last week. If I'd gone with that number I would have lost 7 pounds. But since I do the official weight every Sunday, I only got to log 3 pounds. The variations can be so major but are completely natural. I've learned to not get so discouraged by them.

djgray1200
10-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Well I'm just over 4 months into my journey and am excited to report I'm 50 pounds lighter than my starting point! Thanks to everyone who offered encouraging words. The mission is far from over but I've laid great groundwork for further effort. Even thinking of a long term goal of thru hiking the AT in a couple years.

tat
10-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Congratulations!! Keep up the good work.

Team V3
10-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Well I'm just over 4 months into my journey and am excited to report I'm 50 pounds lighter than my starting point! Thanks to everyone who offered encouraging words. The mission is far from over but I've laid great groundwork for further effort. Even thinking of a long term goal of thru hiking the AT in a couple years.

Yes. We have talked about your program before and I think its great that you are having so much success. I have been trying to discipline myself to do a similar thing on the days that my son is at school. Weight and fitness are very important issues to me as I have type 2 diabetes.

Though my numbers are usually pretty decent, it does not take much to throw them off. I have even been thinking about keeping a journal.

I know its something I just gotta do, and as I do it more and more it will be easier to commit to it I would think.

Also, my wife and I want to get into snowshoeing this winter as well.

fins2right
10-16-2008, 08:50 PM
I always thought that snowshoeing my way to caches and continueing my addiction into winter was a good idea. I must admit, however that I was completely unable to find 99% of the caches that were buried in snow. One I missed by 2 feet and went back for in April. The rest I'm too embarassed to talk about. I think I will stick with skiing at the loaf once or twice a month. I am debating the ups and downs of guardrail caching in winter though. I really miss it in the colder months. djgray, I find your ability to set your goal and stick to it amazing. I've tried the gym and diets in the past, and find that I lack the willpower. Although the most I want to do is lose 15 lbs and get back into some type of shape. 50 lbs is amazing. Keep up the good work for the rest of us!!

firefighterjake
10-17-2008, 07:24 AM
[quote=fins2right;47252]. . .djgray, I find your ability to set your goal and stick to it amazing. I've tried the gym and diets in the past, and find that I lack the willpower. . . .quote]

$%#$ Dunkin' Donuts. ;):D

On a serious note, gereat job djgray!

djgray1200
04-22-2009, 07:18 PM
Hey all. Thought I would pop in again. I've been a little absent lately as I didn't cache for most of the winter. I've gotten out and hit a few lately and am excited to get back out. Found this post of mine from a while ago. More great news is that I've now lost a total of 107 pounds since June 1st '08. I'm excited to get back out there with you all. Hope to see you soon.

attroll
04-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Holly Cow, that is a lot of weight to lose. Congrats.

tat
04-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Way to go!!! Congrats!

hollora
04-22-2009, 07:57 PM
That is a personal milestone of great proportions! Congrats! Get out there and cache on ~ cache happy! Way to go! And much of this over the winter down time - even more impressive.....

pjpreb
04-22-2009, 08:04 PM
A hard fought battle and an impressive victory. Congrats on your accomplishment! :)

Team Richards
04-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Way to go!!!! that's hard work. Congratulations

Ekidokai
04-22-2009, 09:13 PM
Fantastic!

squirrelcache
07-06-2009, 05:56 PM
I remember your first event and the kind words you had for some folks and their hospitality. I also remember geocaching w/you and hearing your goals/aspirations. You've accomplished Far beyond what most people can only dream of w/their weight control. I've seen family/friends struggle terribly and congratulate you. I saw a pic on your blog recently and honestly didn't recognize you. Keep up the great work.