View Full Version : weekend caching

d’76
03-31-2005, 07:00 PM
All to often I find girlmate and I out on an all day adventure where we load tweleve or so caches and off we go. I think it is the season again and was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing something like that for a Saturday or Sunday in the Bangor area in the near future. And maybe wrap things up with a frosty cold beverage and a local pub.

I'm up for suggestions.

Mainiac1957
03-31-2005, 07:28 PM
except for the fact it's supposed to rain all weekend. I don't have too many in Bangor left to do now, so I was planning to head down Belfast and Searsport way. We'll have to see what the weather is like, but maybe I can catch up with you around Bangor anyways. I'll PM you my cell number and you can give me a call if you're going out. OK ;)

WhereRWe?
03-31-2005, 08:00 PM
All to often I find girlmate and I out on an all day adventure where we load tweleve or so caches and off we go. I think it is the season again and was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing something like that for a Saturday or Sunday in the Bangor area in the near future. And maybe wrap things up with a frosty cold beverage and a local pub.

I'm up for suggestions.

Um... Are you buying? :D

Include me in this discussion, guys - I might want to go along...

;)

Mainiac1957
03-31-2005, 08:45 PM
Follow the thread Bruce. I won't know what I'm doing till Saturday morning I'm sure. The forcast is for showers now so it may be do-able. And I know you're just dying to get that new geo hunting explorer on the road ;)

parmachenee
03-31-2005, 09:19 PM
We'll be doing some cleaning out but will be willing to meet for the day's end frosty one...just need to know where....and when???

attroll
04-01-2005, 12:54 AM
I would love to do a day of caching with a group. But I am busy Saturday this weekend. Sunday I was thinking of going to the sportman show in Augusta. Next Saturday I have to attend the Maine Appalachian Trail meeting in Farmington. So next Sunday if anyone want to do a group cache the wife should have the whole day open.

Mainiac1957
04-01-2005, 07:47 AM
The weather is looking crappy anyways for this weekend. Next weekend I'm out of town till noon on Sunday. I would join a group when I get back. We'll have to see how it looks then.

Mainiac1957
04-01-2005, 08:13 AM
I'll agree with getting together for a cold beer regardless of the weather tomorrow. Let me know Frank or give me a call. I'm game for that. :D

parmachenee
04-01-2005, 05:00 PM
OK...how about Sea Dog...4:00 p.m. ??? Will we need one table...two?

Mainiac1957
04-01-2005, 06:29 PM
I'll be there for sure.

WhereRWe?
04-01-2005, 06:46 PM
If you guys like beer as much as I do, the next time you're in Portland you should check out Downeast Beverage (on the waterfront). Sheesh! Probably the best selection of beer I've seen in Maine. A lot of great Belgian beers (which I love, having lived in Belgium for 7 years).

And they have a stand in the entrance where you can "make your own six-pack" of micro-brews for only $7.49. :D

Haffy
04-01-2005, 07:04 PM
I don't drink but the next time you want some great pub food and probably the largest assortment of micro beers in the state is located at "The Great Lost Bear" on Forest Ave.

WhereRWe?
04-01-2005, 07:50 PM
I don't drink but the next time you want some great pub food and probably the largest assortment of micro beers in the state is located at "The Great Lost Bear" on Forest Ave.

Have you been to Downeast Beverage? LOL! :D :D

And are you talking about bottle, on tap, what?

(OK - I checked their web site - FIFTY THREE beers on tap, including 15 Maine micro-brews.) I don't go to bars often, so I usually think of "beer to go". And when I buy "beer to go", I usually buy it by the keg! :eek: )

Here's their list - pretty impressive!!!

http://www.greatlostbear.com/beerlist.html

Sheesh! Lets have a "beer & wings" event here! :o

Beach Comber
04-01-2005, 09:13 PM
The Great Lost Bear (my son called it the Gray Slot Bear when he was little - lol!) is an awesome place!!! They have great food in addition to great beer choices. One of the great things about living in Portland!!

parmachenee
04-01-2005, 09:44 PM
The Great Lost Bear (my son called it the Gray Slot Bear when he was little - lol!) is an awesome place!!! They have great food in addition to great beer choices. One of the great things about living in Portland!!

We will check this one out for sure on our next visit to Portland ...but, alas, we are in Bangor and still plan to meet at the Sea Dog :D in our fair city. All who can make it are welcome. :cool:

Beach Comber
04-01-2005, 10:04 PM
Wish I could be there!!!

Mainiac1957
04-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Are you and Girlmate still gonna try your luck today? Let me know. OK

lefty
04-02-2005, 10:14 AM
The GLB has ben one of my favs since my college days in there early 80's.

parmachenee
04-02-2005, 07:33 PM
Enjoyed the company of Mainiac1957, Dave1976 and girlmate, aka Constance at the SeaDog indulging in some great food, libations, and conversation. :D Nice spending a couple of hours with you and sharing stories on a rainy Saturday. We don't do this enough. Hopefully we can get together on those two caches.

d’76
04-02-2005, 07:38 PM
We enjoyed the company as well. I assume that we live about the same distance from the seadog. your typing your post at the same time i am. you must just type faster. It's not often that we can get away with good people and just have a relaxed conversion and a few great suds. Thanks for the great time.

Dave and Constance

WhereRWe?
04-02-2005, 07:40 PM
Enjoyed the company of Mainiac1957, Dave1976 and girlmate, aka Constance at the SeaDog indulging in some great food, libations, and conversation. :D Nice spending a couple of hours with you and sharing stories on a rainy Saturday. We don't do this enough. Hopefully we can get together on those two caches.

How about a get together in Skowhegan? LOL!

Or - SHEESH! - we could schedule a "beer & pizza" event at the HISTORIC Solon Hotel.

If there's any interest, let me know. I can set this up in minutes!

:D

d’76
04-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Showhegan is only a skip away. Set a time and a date. tonights not good for me I just got home. let me know

Dave

parmachenee
04-02-2005, 07:51 PM
How about a get together in Skowhegan? LOL!

Or - SHEESH! - we could schedule a "beer & pizza" event at the HISTORIC Solon Hotel.

If there's any interest, let me know. I can set this up in minutes!

:D

I'm still a little full tonight but "beer & pizza" are my favorite combination...along with good company. :D Unfortunately, the price of gas to driver over and back would pay for beer and pizza for everyone. What a jump it took today!! :( We'll have to car pool.

WhereRWe?
04-02-2005, 08:05 PM
Hey - the rooms at the Solon Hotel certainly aren't in the Holiday Inn category, but they're CHEAP, and there's WIFI available. I've spoken with the wireless network owner a couple of times, and it's OK...

There's also the "Along the Way" Bed and Breakfast (http://www.along-the-way.com/)

And The Evergreens Campgound - on an ancient Indian campground.
(http://www.evergreenscampground.com/)

And on Friday nights, Holly is the cook at the Solon Corner Market - just across the street from the hotel - and she's the BEST pizza maker in the area.

WhereRWe?
04-02-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm still a little full tonight but "beer & pizza" are my favorite combination...along with good company. :D Unfortunately, the price of gas to driver over and back would pay for beer and pizza for everyone. What a jump it took today!! :( We'll have to car pool.

Tell me about it!!! The new GOCACHE Explorer has a V8 - so far it hasn't provided the mileage advertised! LOL!

Mainiac1957
04-02-2005, 08:08 PM
Yea, I'm the last one to chime in and I live a half mile away. :p Definitly a good time, and yes we need to do it again. Thanks for the company gang.

Cache Maine
04-02-2005, 08:10 PM
There's no reason why we can't plan to have a standing date that we could all converge on a predetermined destination. Each month could be a different location of the state, and who ever can show, shows up. Sounds fun to me...

we3beans
04-06-2005, 01:00 PM
That sounds fun.

lefty
04-06-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm in for anything between Agusta and Portland that has beer:D .

Team2hunt
04-06-2005, 06:53 PM
I'll go anywhere for beer. Hey lefty, you talk so well with the gas mask on. Nice pics. Do you go caching dressed like that? lol ;)

Sudonim
04-06-2005, 07:26 PM
I'll go anywhere for beer. Hey lefty, you talk so well with the gas mask on. Nice pics. Do you go caching dressed like that? lol ;)

I think that outfit would work in mosquito season...

lefty
04-07-2005, 05:56 AM
I'll go anywhere for beer. Hey lefty, you talk so well with the gas mask on. Nice pics. Do you go caching dressed like that? lol ;) http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/images/new/yelrotflmao.gif

lefty
04-07-2005, 06:06 AM
I think that outfit would work in mosquito season... http://www.freewebspace.net/forums/images/smilies/emoticons/drink.gif

d’76
04-07-2005, 08:44 AM
Hey folks,

The weekend is quickly coming upon us. Anyone interested in caching and beverages after. I would like to get out of the bangor area. Maybe Central Maine, Waterville Augusta area. Let me know

attroll
04-07-2005, 11:11 AM
I can not do anything this Saturday. Sunday I am hoping to go place two caches between the Rumford and Bethal area, but that is still up in the air. I need to find time to get my taxes done. The deadline is coming here pretty soon.

drbugman
04-07-2005, 04:50 PM
Sunday's a possibility and the Waterville area is one that I'd like to explore. Saturday I'm volunteering at the Orono Bogwalk Booth at the Bangor Flower Show. Tomorrow I'm hitting the Ellsworth area to visit some people at our office there. Kinda' nice being temporarily unemployed until May 16 now that move is finally coming together!

Team2hunt
04-07-2005, 07:15 PM
I think that outfit would work in mosquito season...Too much bug dope. hehehe;)

love the animation, wicked cool.

Sudonim
04-07-2005, 07:16 PM
Sunday, Waterville looks good to me. This area is a hole in my finds, I always seem to go north or south, but never stop. (I think all the rumors about "Old 470" are giving me bad vibes about the area...) Let me know if you want some company.

tat
04-07-2005, 07:24 PM
I need to get some of those mid-state caches too. How about "A Secret Fishing Hole??" as a meeting place.

I'm trying to concentrate on picking up a couple more bugs for Germany. Bound to be some between here and there!

Haffy
04-07-2005, 09:18 PM
Hey Tat if you're around the Waterville area this weekend I'll put a new bug that I just picked up today,in my cache at Head of Falls. I'd join you but I won't be around this weekend.

drbugman
04-08-2005, 07:12 AM
[QUOTE=Team2hunt]Too much bug dope. hehehe;)

Hey!!!! What's wrong with bug dope?????

Signed,
drbugman (another bug dope)

Team2hunt
04-08-2005, 07:41 PM
Too many "slow" bugs just aggravate me. Is that politically correct?

Sudonim
04-08-2005, 08:17 PM
Dave1976 and I (and hopefully TAT) are meeting at "The Take A Break Cache" Sunday at 8am for a day of Waterville area caching. Anyone interested is welcome to join in. The only change might be if TAT is driving up from Kittery, we may start later, but I'll post the meet time if that happens.

d’76
04-08-2005, 08:36 PM
I'll be caching Saturday around Bangor some where if anyone is interested and then on Sunday with TAT and Sudonim.

Dave

tat
04-08-2005, 08:54 PM
I like the idea of an early start. You can't waste great weather like this!

d’76
04-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Small Modification to my plans. Saturday I'll be heading north to cache around the Telos area. I can't let gas prices run my life. I just won't eat next week.

Seeya

Dave

Team2hunt
04-09-2005, 08:02 AM
My navigator and I plan to visit those along the beaches on Saturday. Next week we are headed south we will post pics from the road.:D

drbugman
04-09-2005, 08:02 AM
Deal me in.

Regards,
Colin

d’76
04-10-2005, 07:29 PM
Many Thanks to Dr.Bugman, TAT, and Sudonim it was a great day and great company, Lunch was good also

Dave and Constance

tat
04-10-2005, 09:45 PM
Made it back to Kittery! Now it's time to log a big bunch of caches!!

Thanks to all for a great time.

Sudonim
04-10-2005, 09:53 PM
That was quick driving TAT! Thanks for coming up. I had a great time with everyone today. I thought I was doing good with 11 finds, but 15 Colin?? :eek: