View Full Version : Early Morning Meet And Greet

hide_from_the_kids
06-30-2008, 08:55 AM
On July 26th There Will Be A Meet And Greet For All Cachers To Come And Meet. I Will Supply The Coffee And Muffins. Muffins Will Be Homemade So Let Us Know How Many To Make.the Meet Will Start When People Arrive And Continue Till They Leave. It Will Be At The Augusta Burger King We Have The Back Dining Room To Use It Sits About Forty.after The Meeting You Can Enjoy A Day Of Caching In The Capital Area. There Will Be A Couple Of Door Prizes.

hollora
06-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Sounds like fun - will have to check the calendar. Have my camper all set and haven't used it once yet this summer. A busy time of year. Thanks for sponsoring an event.

attroll
06-30-2008, 01:11 PM
I just put it on my calendar. I can not make any promises but it is written on the calendar.

darterkitfox
06-30-2008, 05:24 PM
I need to know how good the muffins are. If they are good, I can eat between 10 and 14. If they aren't good, I'll probably have one.

Kaching Karen
06-30-2008, 08:07 PM
Dang, I'll be in Nova Scotia helping my Mum and Dad (Mumsbee and the Old Drone) present a geocaching lesson at Blomidon Provincial Park. That's why I am borrowing all those GPS units! Have fun everyone. And to think, this one is in my own back yard. :eek:

hide_from_the_kids
06-30-2008, 11:20 PM
Karen We Can Hold Another Event For When You Come Back If You Wish.

Kaching Karen
07-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Karen We Can Hold Another Event For When You Come Back If You Wish.

Wow, I feel special! And it's Canada Day!

kayaking loon
07-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I'd like to come, if I can convince my husband that the gas won't cost much.:rolleyes: How early in the morning will this be? It takes us about two hours to get to Augusta.

EMSDanel
07-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Awwww, man! I'd love to be there but we have reservations at a camp for the Grand Lake Stream Folk Arts Festival that weekend. Come to think of it, anybody want to share expenses at a camp on the lake for one night (Sat)?

hide_from_the_kids
07-01-2008, 06:28 PM
I'd like to come, if I can convince my husband that the gas won't cost much.:rolleyes: How early in the morning will this be? It takes us about two hours to get to Augusta.
i will be there before seven and it should last for a couple of hours. it would be nice to meet you.

hide_from_the_kids
07-01-2008, 10:15 PM
I need to know how good the muffins are. If they are good, I can eat between 10 and 14. If they aren't good, I'll probably have one.

We'll pretend they are really really bad :eek: so I don't have to cook as many :D

Just kidding. They are okay :) unless one of the kiddos distracts me and I forget to set the timer and then I won't even bring them and will pick some up at the bakery.

dubord207
07-03-2008, 05:30 AM
I'd like to attend but Di insists that I stay home and help her get the house ready for a gathering we're having in the afternoon. (We're getting married that day!) But if there are any phone alerts all bets are off!:)

Mainiac1957
07-03-2008, 06:50 AM
I'd like to attend but Di insists that I stay home and help her get the house ready for a gathering we're having in the afternoon. (We're getting married that day!) But if there are any phone alerts all bets are off!:)

You run off and you may die at the hands of Di.:rolleyes:

Sorry for the bad joke....I can't help myself:p

Anyway congratulations to you both.:cool:

cachecrashers4
07-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Joey and I should be able to make it. Will try to bring Emeritus207 as well. See you then.

hollora
07-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Isn't there are cache at the waterfront of Dubord's property? Cache run/hike!

Only thing is, I heard a Colorado and Jetski for Di and a Hummer for Dan were on the registry for the wedding. We couldn't go without taking a gift!

Just kidding and all in good fun! Couldn't be happening to a nicer couple. We will enjoy their company after their special day! The very best to you both for a wonderful day! Enjoy!

Mapachi
07-18-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm putting out five or six caches just for Dan and Di that morning.....all around China Lake. TAT will be busy around seven in the morning! Beep...Beep....Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep....Beep!

dubord207
07-19-2008, 06:28 AM
Tell tat that if he gets 'em out by 6:00 AM I'll go for them! It's in the pre-nup, I can go!!! I hope to have a new cell phone by then. Ruined another one yesterday at Fishermans Find Cache, GC12XKE. Check out the log. We're not hitched yet and she's already trying to drown me and collect on the insurance money! 2 cells in 2 weeks, yikes! Do they make waterproof cell phones?:)

I'm putting out five or six caches just for Dan and Di that morning.....all around China Lake. TAT will be busy around seven in the morning! Beep...Beep....Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep....Beep!

hollora
07-19-2008, 10:35 PM
2 cells in 2 weeks, yikes! Do they make waterproof cell phones?:)

Yup, isn't a matching set of 2 on the registry yet?;)

attroll
07-25-2008, 10:22 PM
What time is everyone going to start showing up for this?

hide_from_the_kids
07-25-2008, 10:23 PM
we are looking forward to meeting everyone that is coming. muffins are made and ready for your enjoyment. thanks to attroll and one member of redneck caching i will be sporting a new geocachingmaine.org hat. i 've got three maybe four door prizes and i hope the winners like them.

hide_from_the_kids
07-25-2008, 10:24 PM
What time is everyone going to start showing up for this?
i will be there before seven to get things set out (log book, muffins, and such)and the weather is looking good for caching.

attroll
07-25-2008, 10:58 PM
I am planning on showing up but I did not want to show up at a time when I was going to be the only geocacher there.

darterkitfox
07-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Sorry, the meet and great is two weeks too early. Next Saturday is my last day of work at Papoose Pond and I should have most Saturdays off from then on. Please hold another one someday. If someone is coming back towards Waterford, bring me a leftover muffin.

attroll
07-27-2008, 02:33 AM
I showed up at 11 am today and no one was there and could not even find Hide from the Kids anywhere. I was bumming.

WhereRWe?
07-27-2008, 07:43 AM
I showed up at 11 am today and no one was there and could not even find Hide from the Kids anywhere. I was bumming.

Sheesh, Rick! Most people probably don't know that "early morning" for you is 11:00 AM! LOL! ;);)

FuddsGirls
07-27-2008, 04:03 PM
It was EARLY morning, 7am to 9am. If you had come at 6:30, you could have waited with me for it to start.

hide_from_the_kids
07-27-2008, 07:29 PM

sorry rick if i knew you were going to be that late i would have left a muffin for you but after everyone left we had to go secure tickets to see thomas the train in boothbay.

hide_from_the_kids
07-27-2008, 07:30 PM
Sheesh, Rick! Most people probably don't know that "early morning" for you is 11:00 AM! LOL! ;);)
i wonder if we said beer muffins would some others might have shown up?

firefighterjake
07-28-2008, 07:08 AM
i wonder if we said beer muffins would some others might have shown up?

Probably not . . . Hiram was with me for the day (well me, Medawisla, Hollora, Maniac and the Pot-Smoking-Kid-That-Owns-The-State-Ferry. ;):D

hide_from_the_kids
07-28-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks to everyone who came to the event and the many that offered their advice and opinions as this was our first time hosting an event. We had a good turn out and enjoyed meeting people that we haven't seen in a while as well as those that we haven't meet in person (only online :) and in log books) before.