View Full Version : Kayaking Flagstaff

vicbiker
07-15-2008, 09:44 PM
Just a heads up to anyone interested....I plan to go to Eustis on Saturday to do the five Flagstaff caches ....plus whatever else in the area I haven't done yet. Might be interested in staying over night and doing a "A view of Flagstaff " on Cranberry Peak. I'm a early riser so will be on the road by 5-5:30 am puts me in Eustis by 7:30 unless I find a cache on the way. Let me know if anyone is interested.

hollora
07-15-2008, 09:47 PM
Dang - Brad, Mike and I will be on the move from Bangor area around 5:30A but kayaking is not in the plans. We will be doing that for/around the event in September.

Thanks for the invite - perhaps someone will take you up on this one.........so, they we will have a phone-a-friend??!! LOL

The Useless Event is one I sure am looking forward to attending! Woot!

kayaking loon
07-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Just a heads up to anyone interested....I plan to go to Eustis on Saturday to do the five Flagstaff caches ....plus whatever else in the area I haven't done yet. Might be interested in staying over night and doing a "A view of Flagstaff " on Cranberry Peak. I'm a early riser so will be on the road by 5-5:30 am puts me in Eustis by 7:30 unless I find a cache on the way. Let me know if anyone is interested.

My last Flagstaff Lake island cache (for this year) just went out, #6. It hasn't been published yet but will be by this weekend I'm sure. So remember to include that one.

All told, there are now 14 caches either on the shore of the lake, very close to it, or on the islands. So if you're coming, try for all 14.

E-mail me for a list if you can't get to the count of 14 by yourself.

Medawisla
07-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Had to post that Aaron and I would LOVE to join you on such an adventure:cool:, and we're early risers too:p, but there's still good news: we got an apartment in Bangor!!!:D And we'll be moving this weekend, so that's why we can't join you...:(
We're really excited to be moving further north to our "playground":D, but we will miss the cachers in the south who've become good friends!

Cache Maine
07-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Had to post that Aaron and I would LOVE to join you on such an adventure:cool:, and we're early risers too:p, but there's still good news: we got an apartment in Bangor!!!:D And we'll be moving this weekend, so that's why we can't join you...:(
We're really excited to be moving further north to our "playground":D, but we will miss the cachers in the south who've become good friends!

Boy, I hope you picked an apartment with half decent landlords... :)

Sorry Vic, I have to work. Have fun and we can't wait to hear how it goes!

Medawisla
07-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Boy, I hope you picked an apartment with half decent landlords... :)

Sorry Vic, I have to work. Have fun and we can't wait to hear how it goes!

yeah I know, you should have seen Allyson's face when she realized Aaron = Hiram! hahaha we had already signed the lease muhahahaha:D
Really, I'm very excited, Dave and Allyson have a lot in common with us, I think it'll work out great! :cool:

Cache Maine
07-16-2008, 07:44 PM
yeah I know, you should have seen Allyson's face when she realized Aaron = Hiram! hahaha we had already signed the lease muhahahaha:D
Really, I'm very excited, Dave and Allyson have a lot in common with us, I think it'll work out great! :cool:

Yep, I'm sure you will get used to that very loud siren that goes off when there is a fire call. You would think that David would have installed that across the street at Station 6, but it's just another case of taking work home with you. LOL :p

(Have fun Vic!)

firefighterjake
07-17-2008, 07:10 AM

Do you guys need help moving this weekend? I'm already committed on Saturday to an ATV Club event (riding in Plymouth), but should be free in the evening and all day on Sunday . . . I actually thought you guys were planning on moving on the 26-27th according to Aaron (at least that was the PM he sent explaining that the camping trip that weekend was off.)

Hiram357
07-17-2008, 07:40 AM
Do you guys need help moving this weekend? I'm already committed on Saturday to an ATV Club event (riding in Plymouth), but should be free in the evening and all day on Sunday . . . I actually thought you guys were planning on moving on the 26-27th according to Aaron (at least that was the PM he sent explaining that the camping trip that weekend was off.)
we're moving as much as we can now, the big stuff next weekend, small stuff and cleaning now, we've got a lot of crap... :(

firefighterjake
07-17-2008, 08:01 AM
we're moving as much as we can now, the big stuff next weekend, small stuff and cleaning now, we've got a lot of crap... :(

Ah, OK . . . so I should still keep next weekend (not this weekend) free to help move/haul stuff then? My offer to use my snowmobile/ATV/Friends-Are-Moving trailer stands . . .

Incidentally, since we've totally hijacked this thread as we often do . . .

Congratulations to Medawisla and her new job.

Hiram357
07-17-2008, 09:01 AM
Ah, OK . . . so I should still keep next weekend (not this weekend) free to help move/haul stuff then? My offer to use my snowmobile/ATV/Friends-Are-Moving trailer stands . . .

Incidentally, since we've totally hijacked this thread as we often do . . .

Congratulations to Medawisla and her new job.

It's not fully hijacked yet...

I like beer!... now it is... :rolleyes:

Sorry Kayaking Loon... :o

We now return you to your reguarly scheduled thread. :D

Hiram357
07-17-2008, 01:35 PM
Yep, I'm sure you will get used to that very loud siren that goes off when there is a fire call. You would think that David would have installed that across the street at Station 6, but it's just another case of taking work home with you. LOL :p

(Have fun Vic!)

Well, since we live right behind the waterville fire station right now, I don't think things will change much. But as Jake said, we're movin up in the world because now we'll be living in front of a fire station! (I'm starting to think that maybe it's a sign that I should be a fireman or somethin... Hey jake, need an apprentice, i think i can handle your job) :D:D

firefighterjake
07-17-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, since we live right behind the waterville fire station right now, I don't think things will change much. But as Jake said, we're movin up in the world because now we'll be living in front of a fire station! (I'm starting to think that maybe it's a sign that I should be a fireman or somethin... Hey jake, need an apprentice, i think i can handle your job) :D:D

The FD is currently hiring three new guys . . . but unlike me they might actually have to do some work. ;):D

hollora
07-17-2008, 02:18 PM
Ah, but Hiram can change lightbulbs, cook, clean and light a wicked campfire...........what else?

firefighterjake
07-17-2008, 02:26 PM
Ah, but Hiram can change lightbulbs, cook, clean and light a wicked campfire...........what else?

You forgot his most important attribute . . . he is the human GPSr . . . the Hiram Hiram . . . all that a geocacher needs . . . and more! ;):D

Hiram357
07-17-2008, 03:25 PM

You forgot his most important attribute . . . he is the human GPSr . . . the Hiram Hiram . . . all that a geocacher needs . . . and more! ;):D

Heh... I can post my resume on here and you guys can pass it around for me :D

btw... weren't we going to give this thread back???? :p

hollora
07-17-2008, 07:35 PM
Oh - sorry -:eek:! Flagstaff, kayaking and all.....yes, I want to do a PQ of KL's caches. Can't wait to develop my map for fall.

And, VB will have probably already specked out the territory!:D

Cache on!

With KL's challenge I am a bit worried about the one on Sugarloaf Mountain, even hiking - the last time I was there they brought me down in the Ski Patrol sled (hummm). That was over 40 years ago!:eek: Not sure I am up for the challenge!;)

vicbiker
07-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Do you guys need help moving this weekend? I bet if Aaron was to let people in Waterville know he's moving to Bangor, he'd have plenty of help moving.:D

darterkitfox
07-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Hollora, what were you doing on Sugarloaf at 5 years old?

hollora
07-18-2008, 08:56 AM
Hollora, what were you doing on Sugarloaf at 5 years old?

Don't I wished it was when I was 5! ;) Regardless of my age at the time = skiing of course! :D

firefighterjake
07-18-2008, 09:11 AM
I bet if Aaron was to let people in Waterville know he's moving to Bangor, he'd have plenty of help moving.:D

Heck I don't even live in Waterville and I'm volunteering to help him move. ;):D

Of course this just means he will be that much closer so I can call him up and see if he wants to do some local-Bangor caches after work or go on a cache run in the late-afternoons now!

kayaking loon
07-18-2008, 09:20 AM
It's not fully hijacked yet...

I like beer!... now it is... :rolleyes:

Sorry Kayaking Loon... :o

We now return you to your reguarly scheduled thread. :D

Actually, you hijacked Vicbiker's thread, not mine... but I don't mind and I'm sure he doesn't either. Enjoy Bangor, so many caches, so little time. Unlike here, where I have to put out a cache for entertainment instead of finding one....

But I have a week in Orrington planned in less than a month.. watch out world!:D