View Full Version : Tread Lightly 2008: I CALL SHOTGUN!!!!

Hiram357
07-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Is now in the works and is in line for approval!

To keep you all in dire agony of anticipation I shall not leak out any information until the official publishing... unless you want to send me $20... :rolleyes:

WhereRWe?
07-30-2008, 05:58 PM
Is now in the works and is in line for approval!

To keep you all in dire agony of anticipation I shall not leak out any information until the official publishing... unless you want to send me $20... :rolleyes:

You call shotgun??? (Oh yes - silly me - can't drink and drive!)

Hiram357
07-30-2008, 06:05 PM
You call shotgun??? (Oh yes - silly me - can't drink and drive!)

and I haven't replaced the jeep yet... but I'm working on putting a 3" lift on my cooler as a tow behind... :rolleyes::D

robt
07-30-2008, 07:52 PM
Is that still going to be on sept 13?

Hiram357
07-30-2008, 08:50 PM
It's posted!!

GC1EQ8Q

:D:D:D:D:D

hollora
07-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Woot - has anyone extended an invitation to the WACO folks - Davidson7, et al.........I think that would be a really nice jesture. Up to the ORCA group, but please consider this.......a few of us have their email addresses.

That brings up a point - on this site...........you guys have a banner - maybe they should too..........

firefighterjake
07-31-2008, 07:26 AM
I'm still waiting for the foam rubber ORCA suit to arrive so I can wear it to this year's event! :) ;)

firefighterjake
07-31-2008, 07:29 AM
I should be able to make this event . . .

Hiram357
07-31-2008, 07:38 AM
I should be able to make this event . . .

you'd better make it, or we'll disown you! :p;):rolleyes::D

HappyTogether
07-31-2008, 07:56 AM
I'm still waiting for the foam rubber ORCA suit to arrive so I can wear it to this year's event! :) ;)

Theres a thought for today. Imagine crawling out of a tent at sunrise and finding FFJ in an ORCA suit seated at the picnic table with a GPS in one flipper and a gazeteer in the other.

Glad to see the event published, looking forward to a fun trip.

firefighterjake
07-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Theres a thought for today. Imagine crawling out of a tent at sunrise and finding FFJ in an ORCA suit seated at the picnic table with a GPS in one flipper and a gazeteer in the other.

Glad to see the event published, looking forward to a fun trip.

It could always be worse . . .

Imagine crawling out of a tent at sunrise and finding FFJ in Speedos. . . . ;):D

firefighterjake
07-31-2008, 02:25 PM
you'd better make it, or we'll disown you! :p;):rolleyes::D

I'm working hard in the month of August to free up some time in September so I can make this event . . . and possibly another event (but only because I need some maps since I don't do events. ;):D)

Hiram357
07-31-2008, 02:39 PM
It could always be worse . . .

Imagine crawling out of a tent at sunrise and finding FFJ in Speedos. . . . ;):D

:eek::eek::eek:

alright... you're not allowed to post anymore...

Mainiac1957
07-31-2008, 05:05 PM
:eek::eek::eek:

alright... you're not allowed to post anymore...

Hiram is being the voice of reason this time.:rolleyes:

Still trying to get to vision out of my brain. Sharp sticks didn't work. I'll have to go for an alcohol treatment later on tonight.:D:cool::rolleyes:;)

robt
08-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Well I have to bow out of the event as I will not be in the State that weekend unless some one has a transproter.

Hiram357
08-01-2008, 07:42 AM
Well I have to bow out of the event as I will not be in the State that weekend unless some one has a transproter.

what about a cannon? we could launch ya out of a cannon? you've already got the clown makeup :D

thats a bummer, I really wanted to see what that aveo could do... ;)

robt
08-01-2008, 07:56 PM
what about a cannon? we could launch ya out of a cannon? you've already got the clown makeup :D

thats a bummer, I really wanted to see what that aveo could do... ;)

Sorry, that weekend the event is one of 3 places that I should go. I had to figure out if I should be in Maine, Montana, or Maryland. Well My Brothers Wedding in Montana was the winner (Not TAT just in case anyone was thinking)

I could consider the Cannon but the range is not far enough to get me that far..... Besides Would any of us trust Aaron with a cannon? :D:D:D

As far as off roading the Aveo it was only going to off road if you could get it in the back of a truck or at least a small station wagon. :D

Hiram357
08-20-2008, 04:48 PM
The door prizes have arrived! I don't think anyone will be disappointed... :D

but in order to be eligable for the door prizes, you must attend the event start to finish and sit through the 4 1/2hr tread lightly lecture with a 10 page essay test at the end... just kidding :D:D:D

dí76
08-20-2008, 07:53 PM

but in order to be eligable for the door prizes, you must attend the event start to finish and sit through the 4 1/2hr tread lightly lecture with a 10 page essay test at the end... just kidding :D:D:D

Does this mean that everyone has to be at the the 2 hr. Pole Dance that I do in my leapord print spandex pants. I hope so. I'm looking forwarded to it. I have been practicing every night

Medawisla
08-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Does this mean that everyone has to be at the the 2 hr. Pole Dance that I do in my leapord print spandex pants. I hope so. I'm looking forwarded to it. I have been practicing every night

Oh my! :eek::p
Well I don't know that I want to see that, but I'm glad you're coming! 'cause I'm not allowed to join the door prizes apparently:(, so I need someone to win one for me:D;):D

Hiram357
08-20-2008, 08:25 PM

what!?!?!?! You told me it was going to be 3hrs!?!? now i gotta figure out some kinda event to kill that extra hour.... :mad:

hollora
08-20-2008, 10:10 PM
Hum, a pole dance........is that a May Pole or are we assembling at unknow coords like LaCassa? I would go in? Anyone else game?

It it's the camp ground - maybe I could find a costume - I used to dance. LOL

Hiram357
08-20-2008, 10:25 PM
mussssst... fit... head... into... garbage disposal.... must get out bad.... images.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::p;)

hollora
08-20-2008, 10:27 PM
yes, the spandex and pole........I understand.........and then the aged woman doing a dance. LOL

Hiram357
08-21-2008, 06:47 AM
yes, the spandex and pole........I understand.........and then the aged woman doing a dance. LOL

I dunno... it might be better than dave! :rolleyes:

*sigh* how do these threads always go so astray.....:rolleyes:

firefighterjake
08-21-2008, 06:56 AM

Are there more stickers? I'm not a sticker sort of guy, but I do have a Tread Lightly sticker on my 4Runner . . . now I need one for my ATV.

P.S. Since I don't have much work to do (well other than doing some R.A. Training tomorrow, inspecting the Folk Festival and checking in on a hotel renovation gone awry) I'll get right to work on that 10-page essay . . . although it might be a challenge for me since folks know how terse I can be when it comes to writing. :rolleyes::D;)

firefighterjake
08-21-2008, 10:16 AM
what!?!?!?! You told me it was going to be 3hrs!?!? now i gotta figure out some kinda event to kill that extra hour.... :mad:

Well if it's just an hour I could probably fill in for Dave for awhile . . . as long as I get to do the pole dance while wearing the foam rubber ORCA outfit. ;):D

Medawisla
08-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Are there more stickers? I'm not a sticker sort of guy, but I do have a Tread Lightly sticker on my 4Runner . . . now I need one for my ATV.

Yes! I think we have 2008 stickers, but I know we have some great, vintage stickers from years past ;)

firefighterjake
08-22-2008, 07:22 AM
:D
Yes! I think we have 2008 stickers, but I know we have some great, vintage stickers from years past ;)

"Vintage" stickers, eh? Is that a way of saying "old" . . . kind of like no one sells used cars any more . . . they're all pre-owned? ;):D

By the way, I've been building up your Commonground Fair supply of camp wood with a bunch of busted up pallets (if you guys come . . . if not I'll just burn it up in my fire ring) . . . and I've already found a new stump for Hiram to burn down . . . now all I have to do is find some heavy things for him to help me lift and come up with some excuse to go up on the roof.;):D

HappyTogether
08-22-2008, 08:47 AM
:D

and come up with some excuse to go up on the roof.;):D

The view of the stars is better from there while drinking a beer?

Hiram357
08-22-2008, 02:57 PM
The view of the stars is better from there while drinking a beer?
big tradition, go to jakes, get drunk, move 5ton objects and climb around on his house, good fun! :D

firefighterjake
08-24-2008, 05:58 AM
big tradition, go to jakes, get drunk, move 5ton objects and climb around on his house, good fun! :D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

HappyTogether
08-30-2008, 11:13 AM
Turns out I won't be able to make it this year. The 13th is the first day of rec dept soccer and I will be coaching again.

Besides the event is so far away from home I'm not sure I could find it with my magellan anyway. :D

Hiram357
09-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Turns out I won't be able to make it this year. The 13th is the first day of rec dept soccer and I will be coaching again. wow... that is a really lame excuse to not show up....

I'm not sure I could find it with my magellan anyway. :D okay, that's pretty understandable, we'll let this one slide... ;)

you will be missed... but that just means more Guinness for me! :p

firefighterjake
09-02-2008, 08:23 AM
Turns out I won't be able to make it this year. The 13th is the first day of rec dept soccer and I will be coaching again.

Besides the event is so far away from home I'm not sure I could find it with my magellan anyway. :D

Hey now . . . I have a Magellan and I continue to find it year after year . . . in fact last year I was FTC (First To Campsite) . . . off-loaded a huge boatload of wood for Hiram.

firefighterjake
09-02-2008, 08:25 AM
Hiram . . . I know how you are with wordy posts (i.e. Words . . . words . . . words, etc.) so I'll make this short and sweet.

Give me a call or PM me if you need anything or if you want to car pool . . . or I can just meet you there and you can hitch a ride in the Yota.

Hiram357
09-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Hiram . . . I know how you are with wordy posts (i.e. Words . . . words . . . words, etc.) so I'll make this short and sweet.

Give me a call or PM me if you need anything or if you want to car pool . . . or I can just meet you there and you can hitch a ride in the Yota.

hmmmm jake drive... *think think* HIRAM DRINK!!! WOO HOO!!! JAKES THE DD!!! :D:rolleyes::p

heh, i think hitchin a ride during the tread lightly tour would be nice :D

I can navigate with a trusty garmin.... ummm... Hey Brad can I borrow your garmin? I still can't find mine.... :D

hollora
09-02-2008, 04:32 PM
hmmmm jake drive... *think think* HIRAM DRINK!!! WOO HOO!!! JAKES THE DD!!! :D:rolleyes::p

heh, i think hitchin a ride during the tread lightly tour would be nice :D

I can navigate with a trusty garmin.... ummm... Hey Brad can I borrow your garmin? I still can't find mine.... :D

Garmin, garmin - whose got the Garmin? Do we have anyone new to caching who shops at Good Will??? Or Salvation Army??? LOL;)

But - really, I am bringing my Nuvi and my other two - you are welcome to borrow one.:)

firefighterjake
09-03-2008, 07:29 AM
So . . . uh . . . Hiram . . . loaded question . . . what are you doing this Sunday . . . I've got a wicked heavy Jotul stove to move in to the house and on to my hearth . . . there might be a beer or two in it for you. ;):D

Hiram357
09-03-2008, 07:45 AM
So . . . uh . . . Hiram . . . loaded question . . . what are you doing this Sunday . . . I've got a wicked heavy Jotul stove to move in to the house and on to my hearth . . . there might be a beer or two in it for you. ;):D

Jake.... this weekend is Brad's event and Hollora's event.... but you wouldn't know that because you don't do events.... :p

but there's a possibility of friday or sunday evenging... what kind of beer???? :D

firefighterjake
09-03-2008, 09:48 AM
Jake.... this weekend is Brad's event and Hollora's event.... but you wouldn't know that because you don't do events.... :p

but there's a possibility of friday or sunday evenging... what kind of beer???? :D

Yeah . . . I wouldn't know that this weekend was jam packed with events since you are correct . . . I don't do events and my PQs specifically filter out events.

However, I am looking for assistance on a Sunday afternoon or evening . . . as to the beverage of choice . . . what's your poison of choice? ;):D

Sudonim
09-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Hey, if Hiram will help move heavy wood stoves for a beer or two, I might be able to get 3 stoves moved for a six-pack? Sounds like a deal to me :P

Hiram357
09-03-2008, 12:49 PM
Hey, if Hiram will help move heavy wood stoves for a beer or two, I might be able to get 3 stoves moved for a six-pack? Sounds like a deal to me :P

2 beers per stove, and no natural ice or PBR, or coors, or miller, schlitz, narraganset or anything in a can. :D

Hiram357
09-03-2008, 12:49 PM
and i get the bottle deposit... ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::p:D

firefighterjake
09-03-2008, 03:03 PM
and i get the bottle deposit... ! :rolleyes::rolleyes::p:D

Hey now . . . you're pushing it now. ;):D

Actually, if you can help move the stove just let me know what times work best for you so I can coordinate it with some other manly and brawny men to help move this thing . . . namely my Dad, brother and a nearby friend or two. This thing is wicked heavy!!!

Hiram357
09-03-2008, 05:17 PM
Hey now . . . you're pushing it now. ;):D

Actually, if you can help move the stove just let me know what times work best for you so I can coordinate it with some other manly and brawny men to help move this thing . . . namely my Dad, brother and a nearby friend or two. This thing is wicked heavy!!!

sheesh! did you get the industrial size one?!?!?:eek:

dí76
09-03-2008, 06:58 PM
You would have better luck asking Steph to do it, I helped Hiram move once and would take Steph for the heavey stuff any day. Besides shes cuter

firefighterjake
09-04-2008, 09:27 AM
sheesh! did you get the industrial size one?!?!?:eek:

Nope . . . it's one size down. Jotul Oslo. About 500 pounds. Loading it on to my trailer was easy -- but that's because they had a forklift. Getting it off involved me tugging while Heidi tilted the trailer up . . . since then I've moved it about five inches away from where it came off the trailer.

If you shoot me a time I can try to have my Dad and a couple other friends help me out (I'll be bribing my two friends with beers as well . . . as for Dad . . . well he just likes looking at things like woodstoves.)

firefighterjake
09-04-2008, 09:27 AM
You would have better luck asking Steph to do it, I helped Hiram move once and would take Steph for the heavey stuff any day. Besides shes cuter

Good point.

Hey Steph . . . what would it take to have you help me move a wicked heavy stove on Sunday?

firefighterjake
09-04-2008, 09:34 AM
Steph/Aaron . . . maybe I can even sweeten the pot so to speak . . . pizza at UHOP afterwards . . . assuming you don't drop your end causing my stove to break and/or the slate hearth to break. ;):D

Hiram357
09-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Steph/Aaron . . . maybe I can even sweeten the pot so to speak . . . pizza at UHOP afterwards . . . assuming you don't drop your end causing my stove to break and/or the slate hearth to break. ;):D

ok, let me get this straight... you're bribing me with beer to move a 500lb stove, and you want it to end up in it's final location, in one peice, in tact, and still in it's original shape......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!!! THAT'S A GOOD ONE!!!! HAHAHAH!!!!! :p:p

firefighterjake
09-04-2008, 03:16 PM
ok, let me get this straight... you're bribing me with beer to move a 500lb stove, and you want it to end up in it's final location, in one peice, in tact, and still in it's original shape......

Hmmmm . . . you do make a good point since I remember well what the metal chimney looked like after you helped me remove it from the roof. ;):D

If you are in fact interested . . . I'm asking another buddy to help me move the stove at 4 p.m. since he is a trucker and goes to bed around 6 p.m. on Sundays. I figure if we can't move the stove 40 feet in two hours we may be in trouble.;):D

Sudonim
09-04-2008, 03:39 PM

...and if you give him the pizza first, his hands will be greasy (slip hazzard)

Hiram357
09-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Hmmmm . . . you do make a good point since I remember well what the metal chimney looked like after you helped me remove it from the roof. ;):D

If you are in fact interested . . . I'm asking another buddy to help me move the stove at 4 p.m. since he is a trucker and goes to bed around 6 p.m. on Sundays. I figure if we can't move the stove 40 feet in two hours we may be in trouble.;):D

around 4ish sounds good to me :D

firefighterjake
09-05-2008, 08:35 AM
...and if you give him the pizza first, his hands will be greasy (slip hazzard)

Hmmm . . . good point. Probably shouldn't ply him with adult beverages before hand either, eh? ;):D

firefighterjake
09-05-2008, 08:38 AM
around 4ish sounds good to me :D

Thanks Aaron . . . 4 p.m. then. I figure we should be able to get everything in place within 10-15 minutes . . . and then we can go up on the roof, walk around a bit and admire the view (since I know how much you love heights) and then later we can attempt to drag out the old Ford Maverick that is rusting away in the side yard . . . by hand . . . either that or just toss around some really heavy rocks from the stone wall for old times sake. ;):D

Hiram357
09-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks Aaron . . . 4 p.m. then. I figure we should be able to get everything in place within 10-15 minutes . . . and then we can go up on the roof, walk around a bit and admire the view (since I know how much you love heights) and then later we can attempt to drag out the old Ford Maverick that is rusting away in the side yard . . . by hand . . . either that or just toss around some really heavy rocks from the stone wall for old times sake. ;):D

So... I'm assuming that it was you that stopped by to drop off all of the BFD giveaway prizes for the event??? :rolleyes::p:p:D

firefighterjake
09-08-2008, 08:13 AM
So... I'm assuming that it was you that stopped by to drop off all of the BFD giveaway prizes for the event??? :rolleyes::p:p:D

They're yours to do with them what you will . . . but I kind of figured you would want to keep the official BFD Six-pack cooler. ;):D

Hiram357
09-08-2008, 04:48 PM
They're yours to do with them what you will . . . but I kind of figured you would want to keep the official BFD Six-pack cooler. ;):D

yeah, that and the flaming magnet, that's goin over the fuel door on the company truck... :D

dí76
09-10-2008, 06:59 PM
I got the camo thong packed and the pole for the entertainment. I think I'm ready. It might look funny whereing my thong over long johns at night but we will get by.

dí76
09-10-2008, 08:22 PM
So yesterday I pitched a tent in the dinning room just to make sure it still worked and sure enough it went up with no trouble. In fact its still up tonight. So I guess were ready.

firefighterjake
09-11-2008, 07:49 AM
So uh Hiram and Medawisla . . . are you going to call me or PM me today before I head home (or at home) so I know what time to swing by and pick you guys up on Friday?

I have a class today so I'll be out of the office after 2:30 p.m. . . . so if you don't see this until then just give me a call tonight at home to give me the details.