View Full Version : Need help for Intro workshop

Huskypwr
08-18-2008, 02:20 PM
My organization is hosting an intro to GPS workshop on October 4th from 9-12 & presented by the Maine Forest Service.Pre registration is required & it's $10 per person. The indoor portion will be held at the Alfred Town Hall followed by an outdoor session on the Sid Emery Demo Forest a couple miles away in Lyman (Brock road).
I am also looking for an experienced Geocacher or 2 willing to give an overview of the sport, etiquite, etc for beginners. I would like this to follow our morning workshop (with a lunch break) & start at 1pm, lasting for about 1 1/2 hours. If anyone is available & interested please email me or call my office at 207-324-0888 ext 214
Thanks!
Melissa
York County Soil & Water Cons. District:confused:

WhereRWe?
08-18-2008, 03:50 PM
This sounds like a great idea, and I know our members will support it. It's a little too far for us, though.

Hopefully this can be done in other parts of Maine as well. :D:D

hollora
08-18-2008, 05:57 PM
To far for me too and something is already booked for that weekend. Sounds like a worthy endeavor.

Cache Maine and I did a similar presentation at the Orrington Public Library this winter. They had wonderful door prizes including a mystery book with a Geocaching tread donated by the author. Got a couple of families hooked.

These presentations are very worthwhile.

Saint367
08-19-2008, 07:48 AM
A little too far for me or I'd go. I helped the Forest Service in their class last year here.

Gob-ler
08-19-2008, 11:51 AM
I may be able to do something. I just have to check my calendar and see how many new caches are being published that day.

I'll check!

Medawisla
08-28-2008, 08:18 PM
How's the search going?:confused:

firefighterjake
08-29-2008, 08:44 AM
I'm kind of curious about the name . . . Husky Power in terms of dogsledding with Huskies? Husky power in terms of Husquvarna chainsaws?

Team2hunt
08-29-2008, 08:45 AM
My work schedule has just been posted and I will have to work that day. I was looking forward to meeting you, and introducing geocaching to a new area. Hope all goes well.

Gob-ler
08-30-2008, 12:23 AM
I am planning on going and doing what needs to be done. Have exchanged emails and it looks like it is a good date for me.

Kaching Karen
08-30-2008, 04:42 AM
I am planning on going and doing what needs to be done. Have exchanged emails and it looks like it is a good date for me.

I need to get your GPS units to you! I did a geocaching workshop in Nova Scotia this summer. It was a lot of fun. I can give you my outline if you wish.
My weekends are pretty full, so I can't be there. Let me know how else I can help.

Gob-ler
08-30-2008, 11:24 PM
That would be great. No hurry on the GPS units.

RedwoodRed
09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
I can probably help, too. I live just down the street from there. I've been giving GPS Navigation and Geocaching demonstrations since 2001, have a "Geocaching 101" Powerpoint presentation, and written documentation for hand-outs. I usually set up a table with a few different kinds of Geocaches, swag, travel bugs and coins for display, and have set up some easy to find hides in the area.
If you need my help, please let me know at my redwoodred@gmail.com email address.

Lori aka: RedwoodRed of The GeoGadgets Team

Haffy
09-02-2008, 09:04 PM
Hey Lori, don't you think it is time to change your current location from Cresent City, California to the Portland area? ;):D Remember me, I was the 1st person to welcome you to Maine before you even headed out to live in Maine. ;)

PS. Do you have a link or such to that powerpoint presentation?

firefighterjake
09-03-2008, 07:24 AM
I can probably help, too. I live just down the street from there. I've been giving GPS Navigation and Geocaching demonstrations since 2001, have a "Geocaching 101" Powerpoint presentation, and written documentation for hand-outs. I usually set up a table with a few different kinds of Geocaches, swag, travel bugs and coins for display, and have set up some easy to find hides in the area.
If you need my help, please let me know at my redwoodred@gmail.com email address.

Lori aka: RedwoodRed of The GeoGadgets Team

Just wanted to welcome RedwoodRed to geocachingmaine.org.

Huskypwr
09-03-2008, 02:34 PM
Thank you to all that responded, I am greatfull that someone will be able to make it.
Now lets hope for great weather!
Huskypwr refers to dogsledding, yes there are other addicting sports out there, but my husband is also a fan of Huskqvarna saws (he has one) since being a member of the Unity College Woodsman team.
Geocache by dog team - now there's a twist...

firefighterjake
09-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Thank you to all that responded, I am greatfull that someone will be able to make it.
Huskypwr refers to dogsledding, yes there are other addicting sports out there, but my husband is also a fan of Huskqvarna saws (he has one) since being a member of the Unity College Woodsman team.

Ah . . . a Unity connection. Medawisla graduated from Unity College incidentally . . . as for me I went south to college . . . to New Hampshire. ;):D

Medawisla
09-03-2008, 07:07 PM

Cool!! Will we see you guys at the Alumni weekend for the Woodsmen meet or other goings ons??:confused::cool: