View Full Version : VicBiker Hits 1,000 Finds

EMSDanel
08-26-2008, 04:10 PM
Hey Vic.......1,000 finds! Feels good, doesn't it? Congrats....

kayaking loon
08-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Congratulations, Vic! Give me another 10 years and I'll get there too!

Sudonim
08-26-2008, 04:26 PM
1,000 caches! There may be something to this geocaching thing after all... :)

Kaching Karen
08-26-2008, 07:48 PM
Okay, 1000.... will I ever get there? Congrats!

dubord207
08-28-2008, 06:17 AM
Congrats Vic! Hope to meet you in Eustis! (And we enjoyed all the caches you put out in the Abbott area):)

Team Richards
08-28-2008, 08:35 AM
Congrats Vic!!

Haffy
08-28-2008, 04:53 PM
Congrats Vic on your 1000th. We never got much of a chance to get to know one another except that 0ne time meeting at the Pavilion at the Waterville Elks that time when we were putting together the group so to speak. Hope we can get together at some time in the future.

vicbiker
08-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks everyone for all the kind words. That was a goal I wanted to reach when I first started this game. Took a lot longer then I had originally thought, but as some of you know there were issue's to deal with along the way.It doesn't bother me at all that others like EMS Danel, Dubord, have done it in such a short time. What does hurt is that my OLD friend Hollora beat me by a mile.:D:D:D

vicbiker
08-28-2008, 06:23 PM
Congrats Vic on your 1000th. We never got much of a chance to get to know one another except that 0ne time meeting at the Pavilion at the Waterville Elks that time when we were putting together the group so to speak. Hope we can get together at some time in the future.John as I'm sure you are aware it's not the quantity but the quality that counts in most all things. Same with a person's character. I knew the first time we met you were a great guy, and all of our correspondence since only confirms my initial thoughts. You'll be back one of these days and we can do some caching together.

Quirious
08-28-2008, 07:57 PM
Congrats Vic - I've gotten so excited over my first 2 finds, can't imagine how 1000 feels!!!

Haffy
08-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Hey by the way Qurious, love the play on your name for your GC name. :D

vicbiker
08-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Congrats Vic - I've gotten so excited over my first 2 finds, can't imagine how 1000 feels!!!Exactly the same.;)

firefighterjake
08-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Congrats Vic - I've gotten so excited over my first 2 finds, can't imagine how 1000 feels!!!

In my own opinion . . . there's no feeling that can quite compare to the very first found cache. Honestly, I can't remember any of my milestone caches . . . but I'll always remember that first one.

Medawisla
08-28-2008, 09:09 PM
In my own opinion . . . there's no feeling that can quite compare to the very first found cache. Honestly, I can't remember any of my milestone caches . . . but I'll always remember that first one.

haha! you posted in a milestone thread!!!:p

btw, congrats Vic!!:cool:

Quirious
08-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Hey by the way Qurious, love the play on your name for your GC name. :D
Thanks - I have always had a hard time thinking up user names. Reworking our last name into something that fits into geocaching was just fun. Then I shamelessly used my husbands truck for the avatar - anyone who drives around Maine has a pretty good chance of spotting it - sort of a moving benchmark... It might take a while but I will get the whole family excited about this - made them go with me to 2 caches this evening. They wouldn't admit it but I think they were impressed with how they were hidden. Good stuff.

hollora
08-28-2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks - I have always had a hard time thinking up user names. Reworking our last name into something that fits into geocaching was just fun. Then I shamelessly used my husbands truck for the avatar - anyone who drives around Maine has a pretty good chance of spotting it - sort of a moving benchmark... It might take a while but I will get the whole family excited about this - made them go with me to 2 caches this evening. They wouldn't admit it but I think they were impressed with how they were hidden. Good stuff.

And isn't how your name evolved interesting as that is how hollora came to be......only as a kennel name. Last name, first names, anagrams and hollora evolved. Worked for a kennel and showing dogs, why not for other things.

Welcome - enjoy - Cache On - Cache Happy!:)

dubord207
08-29-2008, 07:02 AM
Hey, he did Post!!!! Didn't hurt a bit did it?:)

firefighterjake
08-29-2008, 08:36 AM

D'oh! ;):D

firefighterjake
08-29-2008, 08:40 AM

I like the flame paint job on the truck . . . however if you want I can make it look really good . . . life-like and realistic if you want . . . of course you and your husband probably wouldn't appreciate my handiwork afterwards.;):D

On the serious side . . . assuming you're an independent trucker . . . and if so . . . my thoughts are with you . . . since I know the price of diesel is a killer for independent truckers right now. I can control the cost of my heating oil usage by going to wood . . . and I can control the cost of my gasoline usage by limiting trips and using my car vs. the 4Runner . . . but truckers don't have those options (assuming your truck doesn't run on firewood or nuclear energy. ;):D)

firefighterjake
08-29-2008, 08:40 AM
Hey, he did Post!!!! Didn't hurt a bit did it?:)

Actually I have a stomach ache right now . . . but that may be due to the fact that my bowels are irritated. ;):D

Quirious
08-30-2008, 08:26 AM
I like the flame paint job on the truck . . . however if you want I can make it look really good . . . life-like and realistic if you want . . . of course you and your husband probably wouldn't appreciate my handiwork afterwards.;):D

On the serious side . . . assuming you're an independent trucker . . . and if so . . . my thoughts are with you . . . since I know the price of diesel is a killer for independent truckers right now. I can control the cost of my heating oil usage by going to wood . . . and I can control the cost of my gasoline usage by limiting trips and using my car vs. the 4Runner . . . but truckers don't have those options (assuming your truck doesn't run on firewood or nuclear energy. ;):D)
Yep, fuel prices really do hurt - we only have one truck but you still spend a lot of time crossing your fingers that everything runs smoothly. He can do most of the maintainence/ repairs himself so that does help save money.

And, I guess thanks but no thanks on the offer to further "trick the truck"... but I did entertain it for a minute! ; )

cachecrashers4
09-01-2008, 08:29 PM
Congrats on 1000! You must have seen some amazing places along the way.