View Full Version : Does anyone else get logged off for no reason?

EvilHomer
09-02-2008, 12:23 PM
I have been logged off twice now since signing in today for the first time. I have just lost a long post I just wrote. I keep getting logged out. Is this happening to anyone else?

dí76
09-02-2008, 03:00 PM
I have been logged off twice now since signing in today for the first time. I have just lost a long post I just wrote. I keep getting logged out. Is this happening to anyone else?

Not here, This is my home page so it stays up all day

Haffy
09-02-2008, 06:46 PM
Not here either ,it must be your ISP.

firefighterjake
09-03-2008, 07:26 AM
Uh . . . I heard Matt P. bought out gc.org Evil Homer which is why you may be having problems. ;):D

Just stirring the pot for old times sake. ;):D

By the way when are you going to work your way south to the Greater Unity area and do a few of my caches . . . I've enjoyed your caches so far as they have brought me to some pretty neat places -- I especially liked the Veazie Salmon Club cache.

EvilHomer
09-03-2008, 10:53 AM
You really know where my buttons are dont you Jake?:P I have done one in Unity. I have a sister in law that lives down there. I should make a cache trip the next time we go down. I do have a few loaded in the GPSr. I did one that involved a stuffed bear by the stream down past the race track. You might have done that one already. That was interesting.

firefighterjake
09-03-2008, 12:22 PM
You really know where my buttons are dont you Jake?:P I have done one in Unity. I have a sister in law that lives down there. I should make a cache trip the next time we go down. I do have a few loaded in the GPSr. I did one that involved a stuffed bear by the stream down past the race track. You might have done that one already. That was interesting.

Well there you go . . . I mean do you really want to spend your entire time visiting your in-laws or would you rather spend the time caching? :)

The Bear Cache is Nially's . . . she lives right on School Street. I liked that cache a lot . . . she has also released a Sherwood Forest seed cache with the "seeds" being a lot bigger than the normal "seed" container (i.e. 35 mm film canisters.)

Team2hunt
09-03-2008, 07:03 PM
I sometimes just nod off................:o

tat
09-03-2008, 07:10 PM
Unless I'm making a real short post, I use MSWord (or similar). Also, another trick is to: every now and then, highlight the text, right click and pick "copy". That way if something does go wrong, a simple paste will get a lot of the text back.

Sorry to be off topic, but I have had no problems with the connection.