View Full Version : Woo Hoo 500 for Mapachi!

hollora
09-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Way to go Pat and Dubord himself wanted to start this but couldn't get it to work.

Mapachi reached 500 today with his find at Reid State Park GC1EHMA. A memorable accomplishment. Not only does he love to find them - he has put out some real memorable ones for the rest of us to find.

His "trap line" of cache hides is growing too. Thanks again and Congrats on your recent achievement!

dubord207
09-03-2008, 05:09 PM
The Master cache placer/maker has finally made it to 500. For those of you who have met Patrick then you know what a fun man he is and how dedicated he is to playing this game in the most ethical manner possible. I have cached with him several times and spent as much time laughing as I did looking for caches.

And he also puts a substantial effort into his logs so if you want some amusement, read about some of his efforts (and occasional near death experiences.) Congrats big guy! You are a class act and huge asset to the Maine geocaching community.:D:D:D

Hiram357
09-03-2008, 05:18 PM
500! Congrats! I knew you'd hit that many hides sooner or later!!

oh wait, its 500 finds???? you need to get a day job! :D:D;);)

Sabby
09-03-2008, 05:21 PM
hey Congratulations !!! :)

fins2right
09-03-2008, 05:28 PM
Congrats on #500. 10+ of Mapachi hides this last weekend helped us reach #150. As always, TFTC's

Haffy
09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Congrats Pat and hopefully we will meet sometime in the future. I can't wait to come home to visit and do some of your hides as well. Glad someone in the Waterville area is putting out some quality caches.

cachecrashers4
09-03-2008, 06:30 PM
Woo hoo! Congrats on 500 finds.

hide_from_the_kids
09-03-2008, 07:32 PM
:)many more to come with both hides and finds. it is a pleasure to know you and i look forward to a day of caching with you soon. congrats to the number and for what you give back to the game a big thank you. see you soon:D

Team Richards
09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
Way to go congratulations. but don't stop now.

vicbiker
09-03-2008, 07:46 PM
I have enjoyed finding your caches as much as you have putting them out. Congrats. on your milestone and thank you for all you do for the rest of us.

Mapachi
09-03-2008, 07:55 PM
Thank you all so much! When I started, just after Christmas, I thought 500 caches were so far away that it would take me years! I had no idea, at the time, how darn much fun this was going to be. Finally! An addiction that is good for me.....well, good for me as long as I don't trip on, or kick something! I have learned to look before I poke. I have learned that crows can go where no man can. And most of all, I have learned that have a lot of good geocaching friends. CACHE LONG AND PROSPER.

Waterski
09-03-2008, 11:24 PM
Mapachi, If I am not mistaken, I remember reading when my first cache Skiing with the Chicks was put out and you wrote that it was your first FTF and you were just coming on board. Now You are whizzing by like a fast freight train finding and putting our caches. It has been entertaining to watch!! Thanks for your contributions and congratulations!!

Team2hunt
09-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Congrats on the milestone. Now to 1000 and beyond.........:cool: Love to find your caches and their containers.

firefighterjake
09-04-2008, 09:08 AM
I rarely if ever post to Milestone Threads, but I felt compelled to do so here . . . not so much for Mapachi's Finds, but rather for his commitment and work that he puts into his cache Hides. I have barely scratched the surface with all of the Mapachi Hides in the Greater Augusta Area, but can tell you the few I have found were simply incredible -- he has truly elevated the cache hide/containers to a new level . . . until you experience some of his hides you will not know what you're missing. Thanks for the great hides and challenges Mapachi . . .

dubord207
09-04-2008, 05:27 PM
Hooray, that's 2 milestones posts by FFJ in less then a week! If I could figure out how to start a thread I'd post this as a Milestone!! ;)

I rarely if ever post to Milestone Threads, but I felt compelled to do so here . . . not so much for Mapachi's Finds, but rather for his commitment and work that he puts into his cache Hides. I have barely scratched the surface with all of the Mapachi Hides in the Greater Augusta Area, but can tell you the few I have found were simply incredible -- he has truly elevated the cache hide/containers to a new level . . . until you experience some of his hides you will not know what you're missing. Thanks for the great hides and challenges Mapachi . . .

lexmano
09-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Congratulations Patrick! Glad to have been able to hide some for you and find some of yours. Look forward to seeing you on the trails.

Kaching Karen
09-04-2008, 08:00 PM
There was a time when caching in Augusta wasn't all that exciting. There were a few caches around here, but mine weren't that challenging or that many. In this past year Mapachi, and others have made it a pretty cool place to cache. I want to thank him. I do my local caches by bike and have still a lot to do. That is great!

firefighterjake
09-05-2008, 08:01 AM
There was a time when caching in Augusta wasn't all that exciting. There were a few caches around here, but mine weren't that challenging or that many. In this past year Mapachi, and others have made it a pretty cool place to cache. I want to thank him. I do my local caches by bike and have still a lot to do. That is great!

Oh I don't know about caching in Augusta not being exciting . . . you should see me attempting to drive around those rotaries . . . it's like a scene out of National Lampoon's European Vacation.

"Hey Look Hiram, there's Cony High."

Two hours later . . .

"And there's Cony High . . . again."

;):D

Kaching Karen
09-05-2008, 06:04 PM
"And there's Cony High . . . again."

;):D

But you can now say that and be in two different places!

kayaking loon
09-07-2008, 04:10 PM
Congratulations, that's a lot of caching in less than one year! And now that you've found your way north of Augusta, I won't need to drive for two hours to pick an apple! Keep up the good work!