View Full Version : FFJ"s Milestones

vicbiker
09-04-2008, 07:12 PM
1...Posting to another persons milestone twice in one week.

2...Finding out he is related to everyones in-laws in the town of Uniity. Cause word has it that everyone in Uniity is related to each other.

Dan I hope this helps and if anyone else knows of any other FFJ milestones please post them here.

Hiram357
09-04-2008, 07:57 PM

2...Finding out he is related to everyones in-laws in the town of Uniity. Cause word has it that everyone in Uniity is related to each other.

Dan I hope this helps and if anyone else knows of any other FFJ milestones please post them here.

Hows about the 500,000,000th slingshot turn around while using a magellan! :D:rolleyes:;)

hollora
09-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Actually, I can think of a very historic milestone and THIS ONE IS SERIOUS! Was it not Jake - or was it someone else who had a GPSr at the Unity Racetrack to get the coords for life flight when that fellow was run over by a racecar there?

Now, I can tell you - there are ton of FDs, EMs, and others who have GPSrs for notifying LifeFlight but many of them have no idea how they work, have never calibrated them or set them up, and how they are set to read may or may not work with LifeFlight.

A great community service opportunity is open here folks.

Oh - back to the tread - was it or was it not FFJ who helped in that incident?

Hiram357
09-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Actually, I can think of a very historic milestone and THIS ONE IS SERIOUS! Was it not Jake - or was it someone else who had a GPSr at the Unity Racetrack to get the coords for life flight when that fellow was run over by a racecar there?

Now, I can tell you - there are ton of FDs, EMs, and others who have GPSrs for notifying LifeFlight but many of them have no idea how they work, have never calibrated them or set them up, and how they are set to read may or may not work with LifeFlight.

yes that was FFJ that had the GPS at the track to give coords for a landing spot for the lifeflight :D

hollora
09-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Ah, I need to check something quick.......... PM me a real email if you are willing.

firefighterjake
09-05-2008, 08:24 AM

You a fery funny guy Ficbiker . . . fery funny guy. ;):D

P.S. You have to change #1 . . . I posted to this thread now and I did a second post to Mapachi's Milestone post. ;):D

firefighterjake
09-05-2008, 08:26 AM
Hows about the 500,000,000th slingshot turn around while using a magellan! :D:rolleyes:;)

WRONG! That would be 500,000,001th slingshot turn around while using a Magellan . . . I looked for a cache yesterday in the Bangor City Forest and kept going back and forth . . . back and forth . . . back and forth . . . back and forth . . . until I got dizzy and decided to head back to the car. ;):D

firefighterjake
09-05-2008, 08:29 AM

Actually, in all seriousness that was me . . . and I used it again while responding with Unity to set up a LZ across from the race track for an ATVer (not one of our Club members I am glad to say) who rolled his ATV and was seriously hurt.

hollora
09-05-2008, 08:41 AM
Actually, in all seriousness that was me . . . and I used it again while responding with Unity to set up a LZ across from the race track for an ATVer (not one of our Club members I am glad to say) who rolled his ATV and was seriously hurt.

Jake - you point out the importance of working knowledge with the GPSr. They are a vital tool for Fire, Rescue and Police.

Folks need to know how to use the tool before they need them. Was the last incident (ATV accident) during the past year - did you do that after 8/1/07?

Opalsns
09-05-2008, 09:02 AM
Wow FFJ,
That Man that was run over, or had the racecar jump the fence and land on him, was John, wasn't he. He used to run the track when we used to go. He's at Wisscassett now and does a local show on TV. He's a great guy.
Thanx FFJ, for being at the right lace at the right time!!!

On a serious note ...
Where's my Ladder ?????
Opalsns

firefighterjake
09-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Jake - you point out the importance of working knowledge with the GPSr. They are a vital tool for Fire, Rescue and Police.

Folks need to know how to use the tool before they need them. Was the last incident (ATV accident) during the past year - did you do that after 8/1/07?

About two weeks ago I think.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/49647.html

firefighterjake
09-05-2008, 12:41 PM
Wow FFJ,
That Man that was run over, or had the racecar jump the fence and land on him, was John, wasn't he. He used to run the track when we used to go. He's at Wisscassett now and does a local show on TV. He's a great guy.
Thanx FFJ, for being at the right lace at the right time!!!

On a serious note ...
Where's my Ladder ?????
Opalsns

Yup, that was John . . . glad to hear he's doing better.

Ladder? Uh, I think I put one in a cache in Freeport. ;):D At some point I'll work my way back to Canaan . . . maybe if you put out another cache or two it would entice me to get over that way again. ;)

Opalsns
09-05-2008, 04:49 PM
I did in Lake George ......

So you'll be at TREAD LIGHTLY eh ...........

muhahaha