View Full Version : Tread Lightly-2008

Dave and Gail
09-15-2008, 08:46 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know how much fun we had at the event this year. Can't understand why more cachers didnt show up, maybe the rain scared everyone off. The weekend was not that bad, the food was great, the company even better. The pancake breakfast on sunday morning was awesome,,,,right Jake??:):p:D Our Thanks to to everyone involved, hope to make the next one!! It was really nice seeing everyone there. Happy Caching to all!! "Dave and Gail" and Shamis

firefighterjake
09-16-2008, 07:40 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know how much fun we had at the event this year. Can't understand why more cachers didnt show up, maybe the rain scared everyone off. The weekend was not that bad, the food was great, the company even better. The pancake breakfast on sunday morning was awesome,,,,right Jake??:):p:D Our Thanks to to everyone involved, hope to make the next one!! It was really nice seeing everyone there. Happy Caching to all!! "Dave and Gail" and Shamis

Which breakfast . . . the one I had earlier in the morning at the restaurant or the one Hiram cooked up? And yes, I'm kidding.

Next year let's actually do more off road caching though.

Hiram357
09-16-2008, 03:55 PM
I'm glad everyone that wasn't scared of the (once again dead wrong) weather reports and showed up had a good time. Maybe we can do a TL 2008: 2.0 and head back to some of those aefuss caches. :D

Once again the event was tons of fun, and the prizes just get better every year! :D

i think next year we'll have to make sure the breakfast is someplace safe before we go to bed so it doesn't get "stolen" again... ;):p:D

firefighterjake
09-16-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm glad everyone that wasn't scared of the (once again dead wrong) weather reports and showed up had a good time. Maybe we can do a TL 2008: 2.0 and head back to some of those aefuss caches. :D

Once again the event was tons of fun, and the prizes just get better every year! :D

i think next year we'll have to make sure the breakfast is someplace safe before we go to bed so it doesn't get "stolen" again... ;):p:D

Hey . . . I have a reputation to uphold of getting up early while everyone else is asleep, grabbing some caches and then coming back . . . I didn't want to disappoint everyone by not doing so this year . . . it's a TL tradition.

hollora
09-16-2008, 06:11 PM
....... Maybe we can do a TL 2008: 2.0 and head back to some of those aefuss caches. :D..................

Yeah, it would be fun, if the weather holds, for a bunch to car pool and go get some of those in a 2008: 2.0 Tread Lightly. With a couple of folks to help with fuel per vehicle - and a well planned itinerary - it may be doable. But we have to get up on Jake's clock to leave the Bangor area to make this work. LOL

Hiram357
09-16-2008, 08:04 PM
Yeah, it would be fun, if the weather holds, for a bunch to car pool and go get some of those in a 2008: 2.0 Tread Lightly. With a couple of folks to help with fuel per vehicle - and a well planned itinerary - it may be doable. But we have to get up on Jake's clock to leave the Bangor area to make this work. LOL

yes, and all the breakfast would have to stay in your truck! :D:D:D

tat
09-16-2008, 09:12 PM
I wished I could have been at TL, but I did the next best thing. After my brother's wedding (not Robt's :) ), I talked my nephew and his son into atv riding in mountains north of Yellowstone. After 3 years of DNF's I finally have Garnet Mountain cache, only to have a two new DNF's this year on Pioneer Lakes Challenge. Oh well, there's always next year.

I have a TL TB for Euseless!

firefighterjake
09-17-2008, 05:30 AM
I wished I could have been at TL, but I did the next best thing. After my brother's wedding (not Robt's :) ), I talked my nephew and his son into atv riding in mountains north of Yellowstone. After 3 years of DNF's I finally have Garnet Mountain cache, only to have a two new DNF's this year on Pioneer Lakes Challenge. Oh well, there's always next year.

I have a TL TB for Euseless!

I bet riding ATVs out there must be incredible.

pjpreb
09-17-2008, 06:09 PM
I wished I could have been at TL, but I did the next best thing. After my brother's wedding...

Robt is getting married???!!! :p:p:D

tat
09-17-2008, 08:04 PM
I bet riding ATVs out there must be incredible.

Only if you like side-hilling, rock scrambling, steep! Of course, there are the deer, eagles and elk too. Other than that, it's just the rock cliffs, high mountain lakes and a little snow!

robt
09-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Robt is getting married???!!! :p:p:D

hmm, somebody must know something I do not. I was not even aware of any good prospect in that area............ Besides it is TAT's turn next... :p:p:p