View Full Version : New Addition

Haffy
04-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Hey Rick, I like to new addition you have added to the home page with the photo link.

brdad
04-11-2005, 03:57 PM
It was a suggestion by Lee, similar to what the gc.com home page does. I think he's working on getting an actual thumbnail of the picture there.

Nice to have someone capable running the site!

Beach Comber
04-11-2005, 04:48 PM
Fantastic!!!

WhereRWe?
04-11-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey Rick, I like to new addition you have added to the home page with the photo link.

Sheesh, Haffy! You only like it beacuse your picture was up there! LOL!

But I do like the idea of having a thumbnail instead of the link. Hope it can be done.

And I promise to take more pictures! But with a VERY slow dialup connection, I'm still having to wait an inordinate time for the uploads I've done for locationless caches.

How big are the files you guys/gals upload?

d’76
04-11-2005, 05:41 PM
I'm not getting the photos, it shows up as a white box with a red "X" in the middle

Beach Comber
04-11-2005, 05:57 PM
How funny - I have very few pictures on the site and when I just signed on my very own signature item was there!!

Dave - right now you have to click the photo title and the link will take you to the picture. Looks like Rick is working on getting the image itself to be there, but hasn't quite gotten than far yet.

Rick - Thanks again for another great addition to the website!!!

Haffy
04-11-2005, 06:24 PM
I didn't know my photo was up there Bruce. Thanks for telling me after the fact. When I looked it was a photo by YOP.

Haffy
04-11-2005, 06:27 PM
Apparently they are changing every so often so you get to see different ones all the time. And by the way if you want to see all of the photos,just go to the gallery where they all are located under there own categories or by member name.

brdad
04-11-2005, 06:44 PM
We don't all get the same image. When you load the page, or refresh it, you get a new image of your own.

Team2hunt
04-11-2005, 07:00 PM
This is great. With all the traffic the site sees, what better way to show off our state. Thanks Rick. :D

attroll
04-12-2005, 12:45 AM
Sorry I started working on the mod on the front page and could not finish it because I looked at the clock and I was almost late for work. So I had to leave before I could get the thumnail photo working. It is working now. What it does is loads a random photo every time someone logs onto the front page. If you hit the refresh key while you are on the front page it will relaod a different photo.

I can set it to do a couple of different things. It can display as many photos as I set it to. It can also display "random" or "most_views" or "latest" photos. I set it to random right now.

WhereRWe?
04-12-2005, 06:04 AM
Looks great! You do good work, Rick! :D

Beach Comber
04-12-2005, 06:24 AM
This is so cool!!

d’76
04-12-2005, 04:41 PM
The picture is coming up now. I don't know why it wasn't working before but any way great job and thanks.

:) :o :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)