View Full Version : favorite caches

ltlindian
10-31-2008, 09:59 PM
I thought of this topic upon reading dubord's congrats thread and want to hear from everyone.

What is:

1. Your favorite cache.
2. Hardest or most clever cache.

I'm not sure I've done enough yet to post an opinion yet but so far my favorite cache was Mapachi's cache in the Vaughn Woods. I loved the Woods and had no idea they were there until caching. This one was so satisfying to finally find as it was well cammoed and I searched and searched and lost sunglasses and pathtags and then found both and finally found the cache on the way out.

Most clever cache for me was 18392 by Circles in Bath. I laughed out loud when I finally figured this one out.

Mainiac1957
11-01-2008, 07:11 AM
One I have done three times and still enjoy is Telltale Heart (http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=9df56f33-1205-434f-ae22-276ef7593b83) (GCYY49) by Zoltarus (http://www.geocaching.com/profile/?id=276529) (2/2.5) This was a very well done night cache in Orono. Anyone who has the opportunity really needs to do this. I have been out to it three times with different groups. Well worth the time. The hardest would have to be The Moat Mountain Progressive series. A long day of hiking but very satisfying. Clever is just a whole other thing. Laughing Terry's Right in Plain Site caches were good. Brdad's had some tough and clever hides, and I can't even remember some I'd done on trip out of state.

Opalsns
11-01-2008, 08:05 AM
Any and all of Laughing Terry's caches are my favs , so far, Thank a Teacher was the hardest by far, for MANY reasons!!! No one has been there since us!!!! I'm still waiting for those Die Hard, No holds barred cachers to go out and find it, but I think it's TOO HARD FOR THEM!!!! (smells like a challenge to me)
Tell you what, I will give a unactivated Geocoin to the next cacher to find this cache and retrieve Toby The Hitchhiker and log both by Friday, November 7th, midnite !!! I wil give you the coin at the WWFM, November 8th.
Any Takers ????????

Opalsns

Team V3
11-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I don't know favorite. But one of the most enjoyable areas (lots of fun for the kids) was the Smalls Falls caches. They (ok...WE) had fun wading in the falls after on a nice hot day.

fins2right
11-01-2008, 07:19 PM
Mapachi's Vaughn woods cache really filled me with awe. I'm glad it's durable, as I kicked it out of frustration, and discovered the cache (my bad:o) Laughing Terrys "Right in plain sight" in Waterville is just evil. :) I could go on, as so many of the caches we came across had awesome attributes. Center Hill and Frenchs mountain have awesome views in fall, Patty's Mt. Battie (a dnf so far, it was muggled and I have not gone for the replacement cache yet:() gave me the best photo of my kids for 2008. This sport is great. I hate winter!!!!:mad:

hollora
11-01-2008, 08:13 PM
Any and all of Laughing Terry's caches are my favs , so far, Thank a Teacher was the hardest by far, for MANY reasons!!! No one has been there since us!!!! I'm still waiting for those Die Hard, No holds barred cachers to go out and find it, but I think it's TOO HARD FOR THEM!!!! (smells like a challenge to me)
Tell you what, I will give a unactivated Geocoin to the next cacher to find this cache and retrieve Toby The Hitchhiker and log both by Friday, November 7th, midnite !!! I wil give you the coin at the WWFM, November 8th.
Any Takers ????????

Opalsns

Dang - already done it, got my weekend caching fix today and have to babysit the rest of the week. Is there at TB stuck in the cache?:(

Opalsns
11-01-2008, 09:27 PM
Yup, Toby is in there. I moved him from Great Moose Lake . It's been stuck all summer. I told the owners I would get it moved before winter. I'll go back and get it if no one else gets it.
Opalsns

hollora
11-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Yup, Toby is in there. I moved him from Great Moose Lake . It's been stuck all summer. I told the owners I would get it moved before winter. I'll go back and get it if no one else gets it.
Opalsns

Bet it's been a long dark summer!;):)

hide_from_the_kids
11-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Any Takers ????????

Opalsns
so what your saying is a person can get a coin from you if they log the cache and the tb by november 7th midnite

ltlindian
11-01-2008, 11:40 PM
shoot! I was going to try that one on the way to Jackman but didn't end up stopping. We did get the one at the Skowhegan Indian by Laughing Terry.

Opalsns
11-02-2008, 08:07 AM
so what your saying is a person can get a coin from you if they log the cache and the tb by november 7th midnite

YES !!
An Unactivated , Trackable at GC.com , Geocoin !!!
Log the find and the TOBY TB by midnite , and I'll see you at the WWFM.
Bring Toby to the event !!!
Opalsns

D Bank
11-02-2008, 09:53 AM
Is that the famous Cachin Crow geocoin???

Opalsns
11-02-2008, 11:01 AM
Is that the famous Cachin Crow geocoin???

AH HA !!!! I've been looking for you !!!!!!!!!:D
Now that I've found you I'll never let you go !!!!!!

I'll never telllllllllllllllll !:rolleyes:

hide_from_the_kids
11-02-2008, 07:23 PM
Do We Have To Go To The Event Seeing I Am Working That Weekend?

Opalsns
11-03-2008, 08:45 AM
Take a picture with Toby and post it on the TB page and that'll do it. There are alot of Sig. Items in this cache also !!!!!!! Including a HTF Laughing Terry Rubber Chicken !!!
But, unless you have it in your hands now, don't be over confident. It's a tough one.
Took us 3 times and a little help from the owner.
Have you figured out the PUZZEL yet ??????????

MUHAHAHAHAHA !!!!
Opalsns

Opalsns
11-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Remember, you have to Retrieve Toby from the Thank A Teacher cache so it can start moving again !!!
Opalsns

Opalsns
11-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Less Than 48 Hours To Go.

hide_from_the_kids
11-07-2008, 08:32 AM
after a long week i regret to say i could not get out to find the cache. i did however want to thank the others who helped me with the puzzle. if only i had four more hours in a day.

hide_from_the_kids
11-07-2008, 02:26 PM
Oh Wait. I Did Have Four Hours To Go This Morning. We Found The Cache Signed The Log At 11:30. We Traded Items And Retrieved The Tb. Here Are Some Pics:331

I Would Like To Add That This Cache Was Very Well Done And We Enjoyed The Walk. The Odd Thing Was The Whole Time In On The Trail A Crow Was Following Us.

masterson of the universe
11-07-2008, 03:10 PM
Congrats...Enjoy you're coin. Was the crow following the "hole" time like mentioned in chat on wednesday?

hollora
11-07-2008, 03:25 PM
Woot! Enjoy your coin!

Opalsns
11-07-2008, 03:44 PM
WOoooooooooooooo HOooooooooooooo,
WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!!!!!
Congratulations ! I'm glad it was finally retrieved .
KD1EJ came up from RI and went looking for it this morning but did not find find it. We were going to get it tomorrow, now we don't have too, Thanks !!!
Do you want us to give the coin to someone for you or send it to you. If mailed, PM your address !!!
Again,
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
Team Cachin' Crow

hollora
11-07-2008, 05:15 PM
A wonderful caching Team and very deserving of this reward! For those of us who have viewed this Team in action at the last TWO, count them 2, CITO Events in Brewer - a wonderful family! Those who Cache together - Stay together!

Thanks Opalsns for rewarding this crew handsomely! If they don't respond right away - PM them - I think Dad is working this weekend.

hide_from_the_kids
11-08-2008, 11:12 AM
Congrats...Enjoy you're coin. Was the crow following the "hole" time like mentioned in chat on wednesday?
it could have been because of the leaves but i did not see any wholes the hole time i was there. it was wierd the hole time the crow would take short flights from tree to tree and as i would pass it it would kaw or however you speel the sound a crow makes at me and the kids.

hide_from_the_kids
11-08-2008, 11:16 AM
WOoooooooooooooo HOooooooooooooo,
WE HAVE A WINNER !!!!!!!!
Congratulations ! I'm glad it was finally retrieved .
KD1EJ came up from RI and went looking for it this morning but did not find find it. We were going to get it tomorrow, now we don't have too, Thanks !!!
Do you want us to give the coin to someone for you or send it to you. If mailed, PM your address !!!
Again,
WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO,
Team Cachin' Crow

no i believe the thanks go to you. you set the pace and gave the motivation just what i needed. we will pm you with info. thank you again

hide_from_the_kids
11-08-2008, 11:23 AM
A wonderful caching Team and very deserving of this reward! For those of us who have viewed this Team in action at the last TWO, count them 2, CITO Events in Brewer - a wonderful family! Those who Cache together - Stay together!

Thanks Opalsns for rewarding this crew handsomely! If they don't respond right away - PM them - I think Dad is working this weekend.

thank you hollora for the uplifting words and thank you for your sound advise and being there for us during these trials of life (sick family member). we appreciate you and hope once things for us get back to normal than we can start doing events again. i am aready lookiing foward to the next brewer cito. maybe next year we will stop when everyone else does and not be late for the food.

hide_from_the_kids
11-13-2008, 11:03 PM
:)we recieved the CACHIN CROW GEOCOIN TODAY THANK YOU VERY MUCH. WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING SOMEDAY.THANKS AGAIN FOR THE MOTIVATION:)

Opalsns
11-14-2008, 08:13 AM
May it bring you Love, Luck and Happiness!!!!

Team Cachin' Crow