View Full Version : WWFM and Beer and Wings Twofer this Saturday!

Mainiac1957
11-03-2008, 07:31 AM
Don't forget there are two events in Bangor this coming Saturday. Lots of new caches in the area as well. I have just posted the schedule for the flash mob event. As far as the Beer and Wings....well you all know what to do.:rolleyes: These events are both kid friendly. Sea Dog is a class A restaurant, and family friendly. We are just in one section of the dining room. Not the bar in case some of thought it was. Hope to see a good turnout.

hollora
11-03-2008, 11:01 AM
I'll be there! Will drop some bugs soon.

fins2right
11-03-2008, 05:55 PM
This will be my first WWFM. Do I bring a piece of paper with our geocaching name on it? Or do I sign a log. Also, I'm assuming camera's are ok, is there some other piece of etiquette that I need to know about? Here's to beer and wings!! :rolleyes:

dubord207
11-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Di and I are coming unless I inadvertently harvest a deer Saturday morning, chances of that being rather slim!;)

Mainiac1957
11-03-2008, 09:51 PM
This will be my first WWFM. Do I bring a piece of paper with our geocaching name on it? Or do I sign a log. Also, I'm assuming camera's are ok, is there some other piece of etiquette that I need to know about? Here's to beer and wings!! :rolleyes:

Yes, a bucket for slips of paper with your caching name will be there for you to drop it into. That is how the door prize will be chosen. and to serve a s a log record.

hide_from_the_kids
11-04-2008, 08:43 AM
no luck for me i got to work.

Mainiac1957
11-09-2008, 07:10 AM
Well what can I say. This gathering went off without a hitch. I sat in Paddy Murphy's with Parmachenee and Quilting Mom and Mike waiting for the time to come. First I see one cacher strolling by then another. Just not that many. And then WHAM out of the woodwork you all came. I feel bad I didn't have enough of the meal and bubbles to go around, but I was expecting no more than 50. I counted about 78! WOW!! I had more fun in 15 minutes that anyone could have imagined. We certainly had a few wondering what the heck we were up to. The group photo looks amazing. Thanks Tim for that. I have sent the picture and the count to Sonny of Podcacher to add to the tally. TAT won the door prize, a geocoin. I tried to greet as many as I could, and to those of you I missed, I'm sorry. Thank you all for making this such a huge success.

masterson of the universe
11-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Is the group photo up on the site somewhere yet? Sorry, I only recognize most of you by login name, not by your actual name. Not sure who Tim is yet so I don't know who's album to check.

Opalsns
11-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Tim and Cameo are Cache Maine !

Opalsns

Mainiac1957
11-11-2008, 08:48 PM
A bunch of candid photos were posted on the cache page.

Haffy
11-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Great photo,wish I were there. Thanks for posting. Someday I'll surprise y'all and show up when you least expect it....:D

masterson of the universe
11-12-2008, 09:43 PM
Time to play the identification game so that names can be put to faces for some of us.

PAX Marine (my dad Barry) sitting on the ground in the front row with the blue shirt and green vest. SEM Trexer (my broter Scott) is sitting to the left of the stroller in the jeans and blue windshirt. Myself (Corey) is to his left in the grey fleece and jeans. Cooper (my son) is infront of me in the blue.

Thanks to this site and facebook, I recognize a couple other faces. Anyone else care to identify themselves?

hollora
11-12-2008, 10:16 PM
Well, I am not good here but I don't see a person on the ground with the blue shirt and green vest..........maybe I don't see the green - Is this the fellow over the letter "D"?

Hollora - grey haired lady with puffy blue vest beside baby stroller on the right. Dark haired girl in whitish sweater near back on right behind lady in Red fleece is the mother - Francis Family and the young daughter Amara was in a non-visable stroller in back with her. Man looking over the shoulder of the lady in red fleece is TAT.....and to his right is bebesue (Orono Land Trust). In front is a lady in white with jeans by a brown and white dog - behind her is dubord207 and wife Di (he has a black and red jacket ~ she has dark glasses and a dark fleece, light pants). Those are a few I feel comfortable to ID.

Mainiac1957
11-13-2008, 07:07 AM
As the host I hope many knew who I was. In case you missed it I am standing about top dead center. Blue jacket with my arms folded. I am sporting my stylish mostly grey winter beard.:rolleyes:

vicbiker
11-13-2008, 08:44 AM
A little to the left of Brad (Mainiac) and down a row you'll see a guy with not that much hair:rolleyes: that would be Ekidokia....I'm the distinguish looking fella in the blue cap just behind him:D...I was also the guy running around on the crutches.

Sudonim
11-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Top row in front of the lamp post, just to Mainiac1957's right, I'm the guy with the red shirt and brown jacket sporting the cheesy smile :)

firefighterjake
11-13-2008, 02:24 PM
I'm the guy in the BFD T-shirt and leather zip-up boots . . . ;):D

Hiram357
11-13-2008, 04:54 PM
I'm the guy in the BFD T-shirt and leather zip-up boots . . . ;):D

don't lie! I have the picture that proves the elusive FFJ was there, if you look closely you can see him on the fire escape on the paddy murphy's building... :D:D:D

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/apmcgarvey/WWFM_IV.jpg

Sudonim
11-13-2008, 05:12 PM
don't lie! I have the picture that proves the elusive FFJ was there, if you look closely you can see him on the fire escape on the paddy murphy's building... :D:D:D

That is the funniest post I've seen here in a while! Thanks for making my day!!!:D

Mainiac1957
11-13-2008, 05:31 PM
Thanks Aaron, you truely made my day as well. :cool:

dubord207
11-13-2008, 05:56 PM
What's he doing on a fire-escape without turnout gear? You cracked me up with this one Aaron!:):):):):):)

Sudonim
11-13-2008, 06:11 PM
What's he doing on a fire-escape without turnout gear? You cracked me up with this one Aaron!:):):):):):)

I think the fur is fire retardent:p

firefighterjake
11-14-2008, 08:53 AM

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j201/apmcgarvey/WWFM_IV.jpg

You'll have no idea how long I laughed at this . . . :D:D:D