View Full Version : Did you vote yet?

Mainiac1957
11-04-2008, 07:17 AM
Hope you all get out and enjoy your right to vote today. I am heading for the polls early and get it out of the way.:cool:

mainesurveyor
11-04-2008, 08:41 AM
Will vote after work today but I'll be there.

If you don't vote...don't complain!!

hide_from_the_kids
11-04-2008, 09:50 AM
kids are off to school so me and the youngest went to vote and now we are back able to complete the rest of the day of sitting around enjoying a day off. did you know that congress originally made tuesday the day of voting because they did not want to interfere with any religious day of rest and november because most all the harvest would have been brought in by now. most people had to travel and stay overnight to where they voted. horseback was the main line of transportation so they would travel on monday, vote on tuesday and let their horse rest and go home on wednesday.

ltlindian
11-04-2008, 09:56 AM
All done! Did it on my way to work. Lines were already getting crazy! Glad I'm all done.:D

lexmano
11-04-2008, 10:07 AM
First to Find Run or Vote? :confused:

That was my decision this morning. I had an 8:30AM court hearing (at the risk of bothering some I will disclose that I am a lawyer, I was not there for myself!) and had planned to vote before heading in town. As I was getting ready to leave the alert comes in.

OK, its a puzzle, probably I don't have time. Damn it looks easy. What is the terrain rating, I am in my court clothes and don't want to get too messy before court? Damn it looks like a park and grab. Oh well, I will try to vote later! :)

The cache is called POTUS, GC1HR2Q. Hit all sorts of traffic on my way in town and wound up sharing the FTF with DSKG. Still a great way to start the day. Won my court hearing, now to the dentist at 11AM and then to the polls on the way home.

(Update, voted after the dentist's appointment, no waiting, probably would have had a wait at 7AM, so another benefit of caching!)

Sudonim
11-04-2008, 12:16 PM
I don't know if all the Starbucks are doing this, but when I got to the drive-in window in Bangor, the guy noticed my "voted today" sticker, and gave me my regular coffee for FREE! He said that they were doing it for all "tall" orders, but he gave me my "venti" gratis. Way cool.

WhereRWe?
11-04-2008, 02:01 PM
I walked into the polls and saw the sign that said "Announce Your Name in a Loud Voice".

I said, "JOHN SMITH"! Everyone turned, looked at me, shook their heads, and the clerk gave me my ballot. :o:o

I got the sticker afterwards, too. Very efficient clerk, because she pounded the sticker several times to make sure it would not come off. :eek::eek:

(Venti??? Venti???)

Sudonim
11-04-2008, 02:35 PM
(Venti??? Venti???)

You can get an extra fifty cents for a coffee if you call it venti instead of medium. :rolleyes:
Good coffee though...

robt
11-04-2008, 02:45 PM
Going to stop by and vote on my way home from Work. I would have gone this morning but the polls did not open till 8 and I had to be in portland by 8:30.

dubord207
11-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Oh Ed, you shared our secret with the rest of the world! Well with only 2 of us, the caching community as a whole will be able us in order, maybe!;);) And I would have gone for the FTF as well. (Voted last week!)

[quote=lexmano;47842]First to Find Run or Vote? :confused:

That was my decision this morning. I had an 8:30AM court hearing (at the risk of bothering some I will disclose that I am a lawyer,

Hiram357
11-04-2008, 04:23 PM
I walked into the polls and saw the sign that said "Announce Your Name in a Loud Voice".

I said, "JOHN SMITH"! Everyone turned, looked at me, shook their heads, and the clerk gave me my ballot. :o:o

I got the sticker afterwards, too. Very efficient clerk, because she pounded the sticker several times to make sure it would not come off. :eek::eek:

(Venti??? Venti???)

I can't imagine you being loud bruce... ;):rolleyes::D:D:D

fins2right
11-04-2008, 06:53 PM
I tried the absentee voteing process for the first time this year and it was smooth as silk!! I don't think that I would need to for a regular election year, but for a presidential election..... That's the easiest way. Vote early, Vote often (Boss Tweed):)

Hiram357
11-04-2008, 07:55 PM
we just got back, went to guvnah's for dessert. Here's to Mickey Mouse '08!!! http://www.mickeyforpresident.com/ :D:D:D:D

Haffy
11-04-2008, 08:16 PM
I just got back as well. Over 2 hours in line but worth every minute of the wait. Time for a change!!!!

brdad
11-04-2008, 08:44 PM
we just got back, went to guvnah's for dessert. Here's to Mickey Mouse '08!!! http://www.mickeyforpresident.com/ :D:D:D:D

I knew Mickey Mouse tried to register to vote, but I didn't know he was running! Fortunately, his application was denied. At least that time.

http://www.tampabay.com/multimedia/archive/00041/a4s_vote101408_41870c.jpeg

We voted just before going to Longhorn for supper.

Hiram357
11-04-2008, 08:59 PM
I knew Mickey Mouse tried to register to vote, but I didn't know he was running! Fortunately, his application was denied. At least that time.

http://www.tampabay.com/multimedia/archive/00041/a4s_vote101408_41870c.jpeg

We voted just before going to Longhorn for supper.

whaddya mean fortunately??? You don't think Mickey should be allowed to vote!?!?! c'mon he's lived in florida for over 50 years! :D:rolleyes:

fins2right
11-04-2008, 09:00 PM
I just got back as well. Over 2 hours in line but worth every minute of the wait. Time for a change!!!!

Seriously, 2 hours. It took me just a few minutes. Move back to Maine!!:D

masterson of the universe
11-04-2008, 09:42 PM
Went to Brewer Auditorium at noon on my lunch break expecting there to be major lines. I was amazed to find that there was no wait at all.

WhereRWe?
11-05-2008, 09:41 AM
OK! It's OVER! Now get out there and get rid of all those signs! LOL!

FuddsGirls
11-05-2008, 10:23 AM
How about the end of recorded phone messages. We had one at 7 0clock last night to tell us how to find our voting location.

robt
11-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Voting was easy my way, walked in, voted and left. No lines No hassles and since I do not have a home phone anymore no one calling me telling me where to vote!!!!!!!

hide_from_the_kids
11-05-2008, 10:20 PM
as i said earlier i voted then came home to the phone about an hour later. i noticed the caller id and it said kennebec democratic. so i answered and the guy on the other end started to ask if i voted yet and i responded with your going to give a thousand dollars to vote for who and he hung up.:)

Gob-ler
11-05-2008, 11:05 PM
I agree Bruce on the sign thing. There are so many of them you can't see what is beyond the curb!

brdad
11-06-2008, 07:38 AM
And to think of all the ground that gets trampled by people placing the signs! And then they wants us to protect the environment! Who is going to stand up for roadside grass? The poor trampled roadside grass! Roadside greenery should be reserved land so that Geocachers and other nature enthusiasts can enjoy its beauty and be able to grab a guardrail micro without tripping over all the signs! ;)

Hiram357
11-06-2008, 07:42 AM
And to think of all the ground that gets trampled by people placing the signs! And then they wants us to protect the environment! Who is going to stand up for roadside grass? The poor trampled roadside grass! Roadside greenery should be reserved land so that Geocachers and other nature enthusiasts can enjoy its beauty and be able to grab a guardrail micro without tripping over all the signs! ;)

I disagree! without all the roadside grass, the election signs would have no place to live! do you really want to displace that many signs!?!? sheesh, think about someone other than yourself for once! :rolleyes::p:D

hide_from_the_kids
11-06-2008, 08:59 AM
I disagree! without all the roadside grass, the election signs would have no place to live! do you really want to displace that many signs!?!? sheesh, think about someone other than yourself for once! :rolleyes::p:D
i agree with brdad. who will be the voice for the grass.even more who will be the voice of the guardrail cache who's home was invaded by those signs.who's view of the ditch was obstructed. they don't want milfoil in the lakes and streams the caches don't want signs on their front lawns. i say down with the signs:D:rolleyes:;)

Team V3
11-06-2008, 11:39 AM
Voted around lunch time on Tuesday. I do not go into detail about which way I went. I just think that its important that people voice their opinion and vote.

Hiram357
11-06-2008, 07:56 PM
i agree with brdad. who will be the voice for the grass.even more who will be the voice of the guardrail cache who's home was invaded by those signs.who's view of the ditch was obstructed. they don't want milfoil in the lakes and streams the caches don't want signs on their front lawns. i say down with the signs:D:rolleyes:;)

I see how it is! bring the gaurdrails into the equation! Ove60% of those gaurdrails aren't even from the USA, and they depend on the city and state to take care of them! those are your tax dollars going to take care of those guardrails... :p

hide_from_the_kids
11-07-2008, 09:20 AM
I see how it is! bring the gaurdrails into the equation! Ove60% of those gaurdrails aren't even from the USA, and they depend on the city and state to take care of them! those are your tax dollars going to take care of those guardrails... :p
58%of all statistics are false and 92% of all statistics made from hiram are extremely false. the roadside grass and guardrail are low income housing for the roadside guardrail cache if we allow hiram into office then he will do what he can to deminish these dwellings to make room for more and less attractive 4x4 trails where caches can live but at a higher risk of muggles and damage do to wildlife. brdad on the other hand knows the importance of the roadside grass and guardrail so allowing him to sit another term then we know these guardrail caches are safe and their homes are safe. vote brdad and help get rid of those signs.

this message was brought to you by the national guardrail cache alliance. an alliance that works for a better front yard for future guardrail caches.

the above is only a pun, a play on words, not meant to insult anyone (hiram) but if you feel insulted please keep in mind i'm polish and i don't know better.

Medawisla
11-07-2008, 09:25 AM
the above is only a pun, a play on words, not meant to insult anyone (hiram) but if you feel insulted please keep in mind i'm polish and i don't know better.

And lucky for you, he's polish too! :eek::D:eek::p

mainesurveyor
11-07-2008, 09:28 AM
...Ove60% of those gaurdrails aren't even from the USA....

58%of all statistics are false and 92% of all statistics made from hiram are extremely false....

WOW...it really IS about the numbers..:rolleyes:

Medawisla
11-07-2008, 09:29 AM
WOW...it really IS about the numbers..:rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHA

fins2right
11-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I just received an email from PETGR. (People for the ethical treatment of guardrails) They want all to know that guardrails are people too and caches placed there are abusive ;) They say that they are going to protest by dressing up as guardrails and singing "give steel a chance" at the WWFM in Bangor this weekend. :D

Ekidokai
11-07-2008, 10:56 AM
WhereRwe, that is too funny.

I voted early and often.

hide_from_the_kids
11-08-2008, 01:55 PM
I just received an email from PETGR. (People for the ethical treatment of guardrails) They want all to know that guardrails are people too and caches placed there are abusive ;) They say that they are going to protest by dressing up as guardrails and singing "give steel a chance" at the WWFM in Bangor this weekend. :D
AS PEOPLE GATHERED IN BANGOR TODAY, WHAT WAS TO BE A PEACEFUL PROTEST BY THE PETGR (PEOPLE FOR THE ETHICAL TREATMENT OF GUARDRAILS)WENT SOUR AS ONE MEMBER OF THE GROUP WENT TO THE EXTREME AND JUMPED OUT IN FRONT OF A PASSING CAR RESULTING IN A TANGLED MASS OF STEEL. THE PROTEST WAS ABRUPTLY ENDED AND A MOB RESULTED. LOCAL AUTHORITIES COMMENTED "ANY BENT STEEL WOULD BE REPLACED". NEW STRONGER RECYCLED STEEL IS STANDING BY READY TO SERVE THE COMMUNITY. A SPOKESMAN FOR THIS NEWLY FORMED GROUP SAYS "ALL CACHES ARE WELCOME" AND "WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO REPRESENT THE GETCRG(GUARDRAILS FOR THE ETHICAL TREATMENT OF CACHES AND ROADSIDE GRASS.:eek::D:D:rolleyes:

Hiram357
11-12-2008, 10:30 PM
AS PEOPLE GATHERED IN BANGOR TODAY, WHAT WAS TO BE A PEACEFUL PROTEST BY THE PETGR (PEOPLE FOR THE ETHICAL TREATMENT OF GUARDRAILS)WENT SOUR AS ONE MEMBER OF THE GROUP WENT TO THE EXTREME AND JUMPED OUT IN FRONT OF A PASSING CAR RESULTING IN A TANGLED MASS OF STEEL. THE PROTEST WAS ABRUPTLY ENDED AND A MOB RESULTED. LOCAL AUTHORITIES COMMENTED "ANY BENT STEEL WOULD BE REPLACED". NEW STRONGER RECYCLED STEEL IS STANDING BY READY TO SERVE THE COMMUNITY. A SPOKESMAN FOR THIS NEWLY FORMED GROUP SAYS "ALL CACHES ARE WELCOME" AND "WE WILL DO OUR BEST TO REPRESENT THE GETCRG(GUARDRAILS FOR THE ETHICAL TREATMENT OF CACHES AND ROADSIDE GRASS.:eek::D:D:rolleyes:

I agree with you fully 110%!!! This is what I've been saying all along since day one. We need to protect these gaurdrails! They have a right to be here to! And I think we should spend more on the grass too. If I'm elected I'll make sure to make sure everyone is happy and no one is left out!

Vote for Hiram, He's forgainst everything you're forgainst. :D

brdad
11-13-2008, 02:13 AM
I voted for the guardrails before I voted against the guardrails!