View Full Version : A Palm Z22 for FREE!!!

Mapachi
11-21-2008, 09:56 PM
I would like geocachers who have not gone paperless yet and would like a Palm Z22 handheld PDA for free, to send me their e-mail address. I am going to hide a cache with the palm and accessories as a FTF prize. I will send an ivitation to the people who respond. Once one of you claims the Palm. I will post the cache for all to find.
I will be hidding it in the Central Maine area, so no need to reply if Central Maine is out of your reach.
December 1st will be the cut off day and I will send out the invitations on the 2nd of December.
My e-mail..... wildbunchpike@roadrunner.com

WhereRWe?
11-22-2008, 08:16 AM
Sheesh! Great idea! I have an old Palm I want to get rid of too, but I'm saving it for a door prize at our WWWWWW5 event! :D:D

I've said it before and I'll say it again: CacheMate will work on ANY Palm OS PDA. An easy and cheap way to go paperless!

Team V3
11-22-2008, 08:59 AM
OOOhhh I am from the Portland area but if I have the day off I would do my best to try for this cache as I have been wanting ANY kind of PDA to try going paperless.

count me in!

Ekidokai
11-22-2008, 05:24 PM
Sheesh! Great idea! I have an old Palm I want to get rid of too, but I'm saving it for a door prize at our WWWWWW5 event! :D:D

I've said it before and I'll say it again: CacheMate will work on ANY Palm OS PDA. An easy and cheap way to go paperless!

I would really like to go paperless. How do I get this CacheMate?

You guys are just the best. Is there anything you don't know?

Ekidokai
11-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Oh I forgot to add please sign me up.

WhereRWe?
11-22-2008, 06:26 PM
I would really like to go paperless. How do I get this CacheMate?

You can get CacheMate here (http://www.smittyware.com/palm/cachemate/). It's probably the most widely used cache management program for the PDA. That and GSAK (http://gsak.net/) (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) will get you going paperless. :D:D

Hiram357
11-22-2008, 06:58 PM
awesome idea mapachi!

You guys are just the best. Is there anything you don't know?

I've got a dumb answer for everything ;)
correct answers have a service charge with them... :rolleyes::D

Mapachi
11-22-2008, 11:29 PM
Oh I forgot to add please sign me up.
I will say again...... To be put on the list, you need to e-mail me at wildbunchpike@roadrunner.com Just replying here won't do it for you.

This Palm already has cachemate on it! You just need to get GSAK on you computer and you'll be paperless!
PDAs are good for storing any info....like lifeline phone numbers, for help while caching!

Team V3
11-23-2008, 08:40 AM
I already use GSAK so I guess I am 1/2 way there!

Ripton
11-24-2008, 06:46 AM
I'd make a stab at this one as well, but feel at a bit of a disadvantage with at least a 3 hour drive just to get to the area. Gotta keep working on the Delorme challenge so why not... is 12/2 the actual publish day or just the notification day?

hide_from_the_kids
11-24-2008, 09:13 AM
Pat You Are A Kind Man. Keep Up The Work You Have Done Within The Cachers Community. I Look Forward To Seeing You Again.:)

Team V3
11-24-2008, 02:35 PM
If its during the week, I may be out of the running. But we shall see and I am game to try. Hey even if it just means another cache in Maine its a good thing but that PDA is icing on the cake.

Mapachi
11-28-2008, 04:24 PM
I have only five people on the list as of November 28th. I will be e-mailing The cache coords for "A Palm Tree In Maine" , 12:01 AM, on Tuesday December 2nd; to all the people on the list. I decided to e-mail it early, so if some one has to work, in the morn, they can grab the palm on the way. It will be a 24/7 cache, so you'll be abe to find in the dark.

Team V3
11-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Darn. My wife will be working that day but when she gets out at 5 but maybe we can head up when she gets out of work. I will watch these forums before we head up to see if somebody has grabbed it. We will see. If I don't get a chance to get up there to get it I do want to thank you for the oppurtunity.

Mapachi
11-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Ok , here is the deal. A weekday listing is difficult for cachers who work...unlike me.
I placed the cache this morning and will be sending out the notifications via e-mail, tomorrow morning at 6 AM (Nov 29).
This is your last chance to get me your e-mail address.
The cache is placed on the east side of Augusta near the Augusta - Vassalboro line.

There are a lot of motels in the area, if anyone wants a quick jump! LOL!!

dubord207
11-29-2008, 04:41 PM
"a lot of hotels in the area", "a quick jump"....excuse me?:D

vicbiker
11-29-2008, 06:37 PM
"a lot of hotels in the area", "a quick jump"....excuse me?:DDan what do you mean...Huh...sounds self explanatory to me.:D:confused:

Mapachi
11-29-2008, 08:05 PM
"a lot of hotels in the area", "a quick jump"....excuse me?:D
Enough hotels for seven people!......could sleep in Wal-Mart's parking lot. I've slept in a few parking lots.......in cars and out. Most of them American Legion parking lots.

hollora
11-29-2008, 08:43 PM
OMG - sleeping in cars, parking lots, Walmart, American Legion - so, the question - hints??? Which ones have free - WiFi??? And will I hear the ding - dong of the incoming email??? LOL

Mapachi
11-29-2008, 09:12 PM
OMG - sleeping in cars, parking lots, Walmart, American Legion - so, the question - hints??? Which ones have free - WiFi??? And will I hear the ding - dong of the incoming email??? LOL
Hints?............between Henry's wagon wheels and my doctor No.

No ding.....you have to check your mail at 6AM

hollora
11-29-2008, 11:19 PM
Hints?............between Henry's wagon wheels and my doctor No.

No ding.....you have to check your mail at 6AM

OK - help me here - the hints were for where there was Wi-Fi - and the ding will come as all my incoming email gives me a ding from the computer.

On the other hand - there are folks who say I am dingy!:eek:

See, sleep in the car - computer on, wifi connected, incoming email open - ding - UP, GO - what could be better?:);)

Ripton
11-30-2008, 02:00 PM
See, sleep in the car - computer on, wifi connected, incoming email open - ding - UP, GO - what could be better?:);)

Could be unknowingly choosing your camping spot next to the cache, lol.

So how'd it go?

lexmano
11-30-2008, 02:59 PM
The suspense is killing me!!

Team V3
11-30-2008, 03:07 PM
I know it was not me. lol Got home from work 7:30 this morning and the computer was not working. Spent an hour fixing it with the other 2 still sleeping. At that point I bowed out. I figure I will let the lucky FTFers and the cache owner have he honor of making that announcement.

ltlindian
11-30-2008, 07:25 PM
I went to search but was too late and couldn't locate the cache anyway. Kids and I searched for about 70 minutes and were unable to find it. I'll let the cache owner or FTF post who was the lucky winner. Thanks for the chance to try anyway!

Mapachi
12-03-2008, 12:25 AM
The FTF goes to..............shuman road searchers

fins2right
12-03-2008, 08:21 PM
They have been racking up the FTF's lately!! Congrats!!

hide_from_the_kids
12-04-2008, 07:59 AM
Great Job !!!:) Remember If You Need Help Ask And You Will Get It.:)

Team V3
12-04-2008, 09:27 AM
That is one thing I have always liked about this game. People are so willing to help. It seems to be the general mindset of the average cacher.