View Full Version : do you want contact lenses?

ltlindian
11-26-2008, 03:03 PM
I am doing a clinical study of contact lenses for a major contact lens manufacturer and I need to enroll eight people aged 12-35 who have never worn contact lenses before to be part of the study. You need to meet the age requirement, be near sighted, be able to wear the lenses for 8 hours a day for at least 5 days of the week and be able to come to my office for 3 follow up visits after the initial eval and training.

You will be paid for your time and will receive all lenses to wear for the month of the study. The gist of the study is to see how long it takes me to fit and you to learn to insert and remove 1 of 4 different types of already available contact lenses. You may also be asked to answer questions about comfort and ease of use.

If you are interested (or have children who want contact lenses) this is a great opportunity to be fit (for free!). I need 8 patients enrolled by 12/5 so there is a bit of a time crunch here. Let me know right away if you are interested. My office is in Damariscotta. thanks!

Ekidokai
11-26-2008, 03:14 PM
I have often thought about it.

I'm out of the age range though, 45.

Maybe next time.

I am doing a clinical study of contact lenses for a major contact lens manufacturer and I need to enroll eight people aged 12-35 who have never worn contact lenses before to be part of the study. You need to meet the age requirement, be near sighted, be able to wear the lenses for 8 hours a day for at least 5 days of the week and be able to come to my office for 3 follow up visits after the initial eval and training.

You will be paid for your time and will receive all lenses to wear for the month of the study. The gist of the study is to see how long it takes me to fit and you to learn to insert and remove 1 of 4 different types of already available contact lenses. You may also be asked to answer questions about comfort and ease of use.

If you are interested (or have children who want contact lenses) this is a great opportunity to be fit (for free!). I need 8 patients enrolled by 12/5 so there is a bit of a time crunch here. Let me know right away if you are interested. My office is in Damariscotta. thanks!

Haffy
11-26-2008, 06:47 PM
Man I wish I were up that way too and younger (56)....

hide_from_the_kids
11-26-2008, 11:13 PM
I Would Be Willing To Try Can You Pm Me Some More Information:)

robt
11-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Dang I am too old and have worn contact lens before. I need to get a contact lens exam but have been having fun finding someone that takes VSP and does not try to charge me twice for the exam.

I also talked to my daughter and while she is in the age group she already wears contacts

Kacky
11-28-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm too ole... 49. I'd love to get contacts but have been afraid of the expense, with my astigmatism and needing bifocals and all.

ltlindian
11-28-2008, 10:37 PM
finding someone that takes VSP and does not try to charge me twice for the exam.

No VSP, but I won't charge you twice for an exam!:D

brdad
11-28-2008, 10:43 PM
If you have two flat tires, you pay for each tire. Shouldn't you pay twice for two eyes? :D

Hiram357
11-29-2008, 12:13 AM
If you have two flat tires, you pay for each tire. Shouldn't you pay twice for two eyes? :D

I dunno, I've never had a flat eye before... :rolleyes::p

ltlindian
11-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Suprisingly, there is such a condition as a 'flat' eye. It's bad news.

balinda
12-01-2008, 10:52 AM
My 13 year old daughter has been bugging me to get her contacts. She just started wearing glasses last year. Do you still need testers?

We are in Brunswick and could drive up anytime.

ltlindian
12-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I think I still need patients. Maybe 1 or 2 more. I've had a lot that said they were interested but only 2 that have actually been enrolled. I think 2 more are coming today, and another from geocaching that would like to come. So that's 5 total. Do you want to try to come tomorrow night around 5:45? Why don't you fax over her Rx for me so I can make sure she is within the parameters, that way you don't waste a trip driving up here. 563-3904