View Full Version : GRC's

fins2right
12-27-2008, 09:58 PM
I took a few weeks off. (due to my well documented dislike of winter. :mad: Only 22 years left 'till retirement!:rolleyes:) and I got the geobug bad this weekend. So I went on a search for some nice, easy guard rail caches. I know that there are those who poo poo GRC's as nothing more than a numbers booster, but I really needed to cache. I'm not a fan of digging in snow and still have not found the joy of snowshoeing (not a slam on snowshoers, my kids are not thrilled with the idea, ergo..) So I went on the website to find a few png's. I do like the challange of micro's and smaller hides. Does anyone have suggestions for a cluster of these type of caches that might be accessable before the next blizzard comes rolling along? While I'm at it, does anyone know of a winter accessable TB hotel? I still have a few that I would like to place without wintering over....

pm28570
12-28-2008, 08:28 AM
These are a little south of you, but winter friendly.

A Cache in Honor of AJ our Cache Dog by Team Teebow (GCV5KP): Not a TB but the size is good and should be accessible at the moment.

“Downtown / Main Street USA: Topsham, Maine” by Seeblue (GC1F756): Presents a great challenge.

101 Dalmations #36 (GUARD DOG) by Team Teebow (GCW2AF): Can park within inches.

Celestial Dollars / My Maine Store by Seeblue (GC1F84C) and Milling Around by Mama Doolittle (GC1JBHZ): Can park within feet of these.

Milling around in Brunswick by Doolittles (GC1JHFJ): Can make a TB drop here as well.

I share your "winter" views.......come on April!

pm28570
12-28-2008, 08:30 AM
Give the Maine Rose Series a try as well, lot of GRC's, mostly in the Bangor, Hampden, Brewer, Orrington area.

brdad
12-28-2008, 08:54 AM
http://www.bytethebullet.com/geocaching/fora/Maine1Terain.gif

Medawisla
12-28-2008, 03:14 PM
What do the different colors mean?

http://www.bytethebullet.com/geocaching/fora/Maine1Terain.gif

ltlindian
12-28-2008, 05:17 PM
I had the bug today too, but didn't get out to do any. What I hate more than the snowbanks, is the dark descending at 4:00. I have plenty of spare time right now before dinner to cache while everyone else is watching football or Hannah Montana but alas, it is getting dark. By the time I get anywhere, it's too dark to find anything!

We had a birthday party to go to or else I would have been south finding things today, the temperature was perfect! The party was fun at least, at McSeagull's where Dani and the Tribesmen were playing! I hadn't heard that band since UMaine about 15 years ago! They were as good as I barely remember from Bumstock! :D Anyone else barely remember Bumstock??? lol

hollora
12-28-2008, 06:13 PM
Bumstock - never went but heard a lot about it - I think there is a cache near there now...........

fins2right
12-28-2008, 08:32 PM
I had the bug today too, but didn't get out to do any. What I hate more than the snowbanks, is the dark descending at 4:00. I have plenty of spare time right now before dinner to cache while everyone else is watching football or Hannah Montana but alas, it is getting dark. By the time I get anywhere, it's too dark to find anything!

We had a birthday party to go to or else I would have been south finding things today, the temperature was perfect! The party was fun at least, at McSeagull's where Dani and the Tribesmen were playing! I hadn't heard that band since UMaine about 15 years ago! They were as good as I barely remember from Bumstock! :D Anyone else barely remember Bumstock??? lol

It's a little fuzzy.......Bumstock...... let me see.... it's 1992........ music...... bands........coeds...... tequila....... Nope I don't remember after all. :D:o:rolleyes:

tat
12-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Sadly, I remember the cabins!

brdad
12-28-2008, 09:27 PM
What do the different colors mean?

Had to look myself, I wasn't really paying attention.

The colors are cache type

Blue - Multi
Red - Traditional
Yellow - Virtual
Green - Mystery
Aqua - Webcam

WhereRWe?
12-30-2008, 04:22 PM
They were as good as I barely remember from Bumstock! :D Anyone else barely remember Bumstock??? lol

Sheesh! My younger son was the photo editor of the UMaine yearbook a couple of years ago. I'll bet he's got some photos people would wish would never see the light of day... LOL!

dubord207
12-31-2008, 07:58 AM
Check out all the GRC's that Shuman Road Searchers have put out. If you use Brooks as a center point, you'll see a bunch.

I put out 5 winter friendly caches yesterday while in route to Camden, the last one on the waterfront. Take Route 3 East from China, then 173 in Liberty to 52 in Lincolnville to Camden. None are GRC's, but all are winter friendly and you can park within 100 feet of all of them.:)

Does anyone have suggestions for a cluster of these type of caches that might be accessable before the next blizzard comes rolling along?

EvilHomer
12-31-2008, 02:28 PM
The party was fun at least, at McSeagull's where Dani and the Tribesmen were playing! I hadn't heard that band since UMaine about 15 years ago! They were as good as I barely remember from Bumstock! :D Anyone else barely remember Bumstock??? lol

Good riddance. Remember what my occupation is.

fins2right
12-31-2008, 09:16 PM
Good riddance. Remember what my occupation is.
You call that work?????????:rolleyes::D

Really you set that up.

EvilHomer
01-02-2009, 10:12 AM
We didnt set it up, but we sure as hell used to knock it down. We used to have a van from the county idling at our back door just waiting for us to fill it and haul them down to P.C. Jail. That van would run 10 + times during the night, and that was just the police side of the house. Dont get me started on how many ambulance runs we had to run during the "Festivities". I for one do NOT miss Bumstock! :P OH and you behave, I still have your coin....HAHAHAH.

PS Look at this:

http://www.imagetex.com/albums/userpics/10055/coinfix2.jpg

and this is the back:
http://www.imagetex.com/albums/userpics/10055/6n-01831-b.jpg

fins2right
01-02-2009, 11:48 AM
The coins came out fantastic. I checked my mailbox out today and did not see one. Lost in the mail maybe? :D:D

EvilHomer
01-07-2009, 03:12 PM
What you see is version 1. The Chief wanted to make some changes so the final coin will be different. He gave me three of the silver ones to keep. One will end up as a TB coin like yours. The other two are put away at this time.