View Full Version : My Favorite Caching Holiday Gift

lexmano
12-28-2008, 01:57 PM
http://www.geocachingmaine.org/gallery/data/507/medium/PC250045.JPG

My daughter, Vidia, bought this for me. I also got gas, coffee and food cards for the road trips. Modeled by geo-hound Freddie!

Did anyone else pick up a nice caching gift?

Gob-ler
12-28-2008, 02:24 PM
I got a new computer! Try and remember how much fun it is reloading all your software and data.

Also got a Nuvi for the vehicle.

Mainiac1957
12-28-2008, 04:07 PM
I got a new computer! Try and remember how much fun it is reloading all your software and data.

Also got a Nuvi for the vehicle.

I got the new laptop as well. A Tomtom XL and some great new containers.

pjpreb
12-28-2008, 05:18 PM
Merry belated Christmas to everyone! :)

Santa brought us new PFDs for kayaking. The neoprene waterski vests just weren't cutting it for hydro caching. Last summer we enjoyed "Get Marooned" GC14DW4
http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=07a9f344-a12c-405d-87ad-d468e3a3728c

(someday I'll learn how to make a hyperlink) :rolleyes:

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/e63f62a0-da0e-4fb2-b681-b2b77627282e.jpg

hollora
12-28-2008, 06:11 PM
A wonderful day. Was very happy to get new insulated Muck boots! No more cold feet........now to test them.

Team2hunt
12-28-2008, 08:16 PM
I got to spend time with 1manteam. And we grabbed the Christmas Cache.

fins2right
12-28-2008, 08:26 PM
One of my fav's was the family stocking exchange. My stocking came in the shape of a .30 cal ammo can, with 'geocache' spraypainted all over it. Plus a couple of geocoins and accessories. I want spring!!! :cool:

hide_from_the_kids
12-28-2008, 08:29 PM
i recieved a geocaching hat and shirt several geocoins a little swag and a couple of nano's i also recieved a garmin nuvi

brdad
12-28-2008, 09:21 PM
I got another lump of coal. But I must have been gooder than last year, it was a big lump this year! :rolleyes:

hollora
12-28-2008, 09:28 PM
I got another lump of coal. But I must have been gooder than last year, it was a big lump this year! :rolleyes:

Ah - I started to read this and wondered if you got one of Tsunrisebey's Lump of Coal Geocoins........sucks, was going to ask you for a trade LOL!

Ekidokai
12-30-2008, 08:01 PM
I must say Santa was a bit funny this year.

I got an inflatable kayak. No vests, no paddle, no pump. I wonder what that means. This is the second one I received, but this one is bigger.

I also got some coins, so I can trade now.

The most important supplies I received to get me through the hard finds was a box of cigars.

hollora
12-30-2008, 09:25 PM
I must say Santa was a bit funny this year.

I got an inflatable kayak. No vests, no paddle, no pump. I wonder what that means. This is the second one I received, but this one is bigger.

I also got some coins, so I can trade now.

The most important supplies I received to get me through the hard finds was a box of cigars.

OK - so I think I know you - and think you will be ok with this post.......:confused: But if not - like take this all in jest!

"I got an inflatable kayak. No vests, no paddle, no pump. I wonder what that means. This is the second one I received, but this one is bigger." Does this mean someone thinks you have grown.....and does not want you to inflate your boat.....or have a life vest should you sink? Heavens - the message here is very scary! Who were the gifters? Co-Workers or family??? :eek: LOL

You got coins - now you can trade........maybe just activate them an bring them to events for discovery.......:)...safer and they may not disappear ;)...seems like it might be a safer bet than going out in that kayak to seek out a cache! :D

Anyway, cache on - cache happy! :D:D Happy New Year my friend!

EMSDanel
12-31-2008, 07:04 AM
What you need now is an inflatable "friend" to go out with you..... ;-)

Ekidokai
12-31-2008, 07:29 AM
What you need now is an inflatable "friend" to go out with you..... ;-)

I hadn't thought about that. Where does one find those?

Ekidokai
12-31-2008, 07:34 AM
Santa brought this stuff.

OK - so I think I know you - and think you will be ok with this post.......:confused: But if not - like take this all in jest!

"I got an inflatable kayak. No vests, no paddle, no pump. I wonder what that means. This is the second one I received, but this one is bigger." Does this mean someone thinks you have grown.....and does not want you to inflate your boat.....or have a life vest should you sink? Heavens - the message here is very scary! Who were the gifters? Co-Workers or family??? :eek: LOL

You got coins - now you can trade........maybe just activate them an bring them to events for discovery.......:)...safer and they may not disappear ;)...seems like it might be a safer bet than going out in that kayak to seek out a cache! :D

Anyway, cache on - cache happy! :D:D Happy New Year my friend!

brdad
12-31-2008, 07:37 AM

I can set you up with a supplier. I had one for several years after my divorce. I filled it up with water and froze it; it was just like being married! :D

Of course I got rid of it after re-marrying. Not that she is a replacement for a frozen doll. Hmmm, how do I talk my way out of this one?.?.?. :rolleyes:

Mainiac1957
12-31-2008, 07:48 AM
Of course I got rid of it after re-marrying. Not that she is a replacement for a frozen doll. Hmmm, how do I talk my way out of this one?.?.?. :rolleyes:

Jewelry, Flowers, Chocolate, and begging.

In that order!:rolleyes:;):p:D

dubord207
12-31-2008, 07:49 AM
My secretaries bought me a bunch of cache containers. I put five of them out yesterday while Di and I headed to Camden for lunch. They were just published.

Santa brought me gaitors so it looks like the enthusiasm for winter caching has not waned.

Santa also brought me a cortisone injection for my knee so I can once again do caches with terrain ratings above "1.5."

Life is good! Happy New Year everybody!:)

Ekidokai
12-31-2008, 08:03 AM
Next year ask Santa to fix the knee. Those shots can allow you to make things worse, if your not careful.

You probably already know that.

My secretaries bought me a bunch of cache containers. I put five of them out yesterday while Di and I headed to Camden for lunch. They were just published.

Santa brought me gaitors so it looks like the enthusiasm for winter caching has not waned.

Santa also brought me a cortisone injection for my knee so I can once again do caches with terrain ratings above "1.5."

Life is good! Happy New Year everybody!:)

dí76
12-31-2008, 08:09 AM

I've heard that you may be able to acquire one of those at Daves romantic supermart on Hammond st. ;)

brdad
12-31-2008, 08:16 AM
I've heard that you may be able to acquire one of those at Daves romantic supermart on Hammond st. ;)

I knew that was Connie I saw in there the other day!

al'Thor
12-31-2008, 08:28 AM
I got a Palm Z22. Now I can join the paperless revolution. Have not had a chance to figure it all out yet.

kayaking loon
12-31-2008, 08:52 AM
I got a Garmin Nuvi, lots of Lock and Lock boxes and some swag. I want spring too! Although I was able to find two caches in Boothbay Harbor....

dí76
12-31-2008, 06:08 PM
I knew that was Connie I saw in there the other day!

huhhh??? SHe must have bought something for one of her other boyfriends, Hiram.... did you get a special something form Connie??:o

Mapachi
01-01-2009, 09:54 AM
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Ekidokai
01-01-2009, 10:36 AM
$ is always good.

EMSDanel
01-06-2009, 12:18 AM
Actually, I got a new office chair that I'm now sitting in...in front of the computer. Who would have imagined that I spend so much time here that I would wear right through my old one? Gee.....anyone else in the same situation?

hollora
01-06-2009, 12:53 AM
Well my spot on the couch is worn out from sitting there with the laptop! LOL

attroll
01-06-2009, 02:37 AM
I think I can say I probably spend more time on the web then anyone here. I am not bragging because there are many many times I wish I did not have to spend all that time on the web. But you know what they say, "it comes with the territory".

I can however say that I have never worn a hole in this chair I sit in. What are you doing in that chair that causes you to wear a hole in it? or maybe I don't want to know.

brdad
01-06-2009, 07:38 AM
I have gone through 3 or 4 computer chairs. A lot of it is not sitting still and I am constantly getting up for something and coming back and sitting down. And I do spend a fair amount of time her as well doing one thing or another. It seems all of my hobbies require it!

Another issue is most chairs are probably designed for an average person, and in that regard I am a bit above average!