View Full Version : Parmachenee Hits 3,000 Today!!!

EMSDanel
01-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I just knew today would be the day for Frank to pass 3,000 finds. With snow coming, today would be the day. The progression from 1,000 to 3,000 came quickly so I'm sure there were a few easy ones along the way. But I have to tell everyone, many of those 3,000 were very difficult treks including many mountaintops on snowshoes. I know this to be true...! With wife Charron along for many of them, this is a class-act caching couple. Congrats on a really big milestone. Just awesome!

Gob-ler
01-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Congratulations Frank and Charron. Awesome achievement.

pm28570
01-17-2009, 10:24 PM
Congratulations on such an achievement. So.....uh.....think you'll stay with this geocaching thing? :D All kidding aside, having just started caching in mid 2008, reaching such a milestone seems light years away for someone like myself. Congrats again.

team moxiepup
01-17-2009, 11:32 PM
Congrats on your 3K!! Way to go!! Now onto the next 3K :D

RKDKBradley4
01-17-2009, 11:37 PM
Wow! Congratulations to you both

vicbiker
01-18-2009, 09:31 AM
Congratulations. I personally feel that you should have waited till the storm was in full force today. At that point you could have driven the Rubicon a few hundred miles into the north woods and snow shoe your way to the a remote mt. top cache. That's the frank and Charron I know.

WhereRWe?
01-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Sheesh! I'll bet your glad the price of gas has dropped! LOL!

Congrats, guys! Hope to see you at the WWWWWW5 event! :D:D

hollora
01-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Yes, a hearty congratulations to a great couple. Now, on to many more....and the memories of those journeys.

Mainiac1957
01-18-2009, 02:31 PM
As someone who was on your heels just a few short months ago.;):p You two went cache crazy since then. Congrats on hitting that third k. Happy to have been along on a few of the hard ones. So when are we going again? I have the new snowshoes Frank so you won't have to break all the trails this time.:rolleyes:

Ekidokai
01-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Congratulations. Hope to see you out there.

dubord207
01-18-2009, 03:14 PM
Well done guys. Did a few yesterday that you had done earlier in the day, or night! Is it that fancy jeep that makes you so productive?:)

kayaking loon
01-18-2009, 04:36 PM
Wow! 3K. That's a really big milestone! And a really nice couple too. And guess what? I found a piece of Charron's lemon cheesecake in my freezer today. Maybe I'll eat it to celebrate!:D

pjpreb
01-18-2009, 06:28 PM
Congrats! That's some quality time together right there! :)

Team Richards
01-18-2009, 08:52 PM
Congratulations I see you didn't stop long at 3000. great to see people caching in this cold.

tat
01-18-2009, 09:51 PM
Congratulations Frank and Charron!! We were thinking of you this weekend!

parmachenee
01-19-2009, 09:05 AM
Double post

parmachenee
01-19-2009, 09:07 AM
Thanks for the congrats!! We never really thought about this number of caches as a goal until we suddenly realized how close we were last fall. Then winter arrived and our favorite time of year got us out and moving. Winter just changes the landscape and the temps but the caches are still there, although a little more challenging. Get out and enjoy it! :)

Just adding a thanks to the phone messages and emails we've received from some great 'cachers and friends. Thanks again!:)

Well done guys. Did a few yesterday that you had done earlier in the day, or night! Is it that fancy jeep that makes you so productive?:)

The Rubicon gets us close, the PN-40 much closer, then it's up to us.:)

As someone who was on your heels just a few short months ago.;):p You two went cache crazy since then. Congrats on hitting that third k. Happy to have been along on a few of the hard ones. So when are we going again? I have the new snowshoes Frank so you won't have to break all the trails this time.:rolleyes:

Ebeemee Mtn.?? or anytime you want to.:)

Sheesh! I'll bet your glad the price of gas has dropped! LOL!

Congrats, guys! Hope to see you at the WWWWWW5 event! :D:D

Yes...and more money for beer!! :D

Congratulations. I personally feel that you should have waited till the storm was in full force today. At that point you could have driven the Rubicon a few hundred miles into the north woods and snow shoe your way to the a remote mt. top cache. That's the frank and Charron I know.

We did something more risky. We drove around the Portland area in the storm doing some geocaches!!:eek:

I just knew today would be the day for Frank to pass 3,000 finds. With snow coming, today would be the day. The progression from 1,000 to 3,000 came quickly so I'm sure there were a few easy ones along the way. But I have to tell everyone, many of those 3,000 were very difficult treks including many mountaintops on snowshoes. I know this to be true...! With wife Charron along for many of them, this is a class-act caching couple. Congrats on a really big milestone. Just awesome!

Thanks Dan! And the mountaintops are some I'll never forget!!:) And Charron has completed many crossword puzzles during these caches!!:D When she isn't pushing me to do "Just one more!" :):)

Kaching Karen
01-19-2009, 09:47 AM
All I can say is "Wow." I've been caching for years and still haven't hit the 900 mark.

You are right... winter is the best time of year.

number seven
01-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Congratulation's Frank and Charon--you two are an inspiration to us all. Happy trails.