View Full Version : Welcome Alicia21

hollora
01-20-2009, 02:21 PM
Hi there and welcome to the website! You sure have been reading.......hope you have learned and found some fun stuff. Hope we might meet you at an event soon - or on the trail.

With the last snow storm things have gotten a bit more challenging for winter caching but there is always something out there.

Questions - just ask. There are a bunch of folks here who can help.

brdad
01-20-2009, 05:40 PM
Sorry if I am making incorrect assumptions, but I think this user probably is a spammer. 3 posts, all within 2 minutes, all stating a similar reply, and with a link to an external site in the sig line.

http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum/search.php?searchid=419162

fins2right
01-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Something about a pop up. Spammer.

hollora
01-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Sorry if I am making incorrect assumptions, but I think this user probably is a spammer. 3 posts, all within 2 minutes, all stating a similar reply, and with a link to an external site in the sig line.

Oh no - you are probably right and I am the dumb one here. Sorry I didn't count the posts nor see the signature line....sorry:o

brdad
01-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Oh no - you are probably right and I am the dumb one here. Sorry I didn't count the posts nor see the signature line....sorry:o

No, not dumb - just not as much of a conspiracy theorist as I am!

WhereRWe?
01-21-2009, 01:57 PM

I'm always suspicious when I get notification of a new member "from away", but I checked the ISP on this one and it looked OK to me. I haven't got the the posts yet, so I haven't seen what was said. I think I'm the only one that gets email notification of new members, so I try and act as a "gatekeeper", and notify Rick when I see one that looks phony. I'll try and do better! LOL!

Haffy
01-21-2009, 02:16 PM
I think I'm the only one that gets email notification of new members, so I try and act as a "gatekeeper", and notify Rick when I see one that looks phony. LOL!

Hey, How do you rate anyway? :D

brdad
01-21-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm always suspicious when I get notification of a new member "from away", but I checked the ISP on this one and it looked OK to me. I haven't got the the posts yet, so I haven't seen what was said. I think I'm the only one that gets email notification of new members, so I try and act as a "gatekeeper", and notify Rick when I see one that looks phony. I'll try and do better! LOL!

Might not be so much a spammer, but an attempt to get a link posted to as many web sites as possible. The more sites that link to yours, the more likely and higher up in search engines it will become.

WhereRWe?
01-22-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey, How do you rate anyway? :D

Sheesh! I'm special! LOL!

You may remember that as an Advisory Board Member, I was the "official greeter" of new members to GCM.org. I volunteered to keep doing it. :D:D

Haffy
01-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Hey I know that, I was just pulling your proverbial leg so to speak.