View Full Version : Anyone noticed changes at GC.com?

tat
02-11-2009, 06:10 PM
http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=214112

Sudonim
02-11-2009, 06:47 PM
Bad link????

Haffy
02-11-2009, 07:28 PM
Works for me and you should go on over to the forums and see what they are discussing or arguing over so to speak...;)

Sudonim
02-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Got it, my auto log-in wasn't logging in...

Trick or Treat
02-11-2009, 09:47 PM
So the one that would have affected me most is the option to download to a Delorme GPSr. I didn't consider a Delorme when I first started because I was intimidated by all the software and wanted to make it as easy as possible. Since I got into it more and am thinking about route mapping software and a portable laptop etc, I'm not sure that I would make the same GPSr choice today.

What I really would like to see is, in addition to the constantly changing find number next to your name, the number a find is logged in. For example, when logging a find it would be nice to see 1/20 - that this was my first logged find out of the 20 total.

Did anyone else think they missed something with these updates?

hollora
02-11-2009, 10:22 PM
Knew the site was down and wondered why - this explains it. Thanks TAT.

fins2right
02-12-2009, 09:22 PM
I'm kind of excited about the auto download to PN units. It makes me feel better for buying one.

fins2right
02-13-2009, 10:58 PM
I just updated my information on the GC page. You may need to go into your profile and update a few things due to the new upgrades. For those of you that own a PN series I was pleasantly suprised with the new straight to gps feature. A quick download and putting caches into my PN-20 is now one click shopping. I might have to spring for the PN-40 now and give the 20 to the kids!:)

hollora
02-13-2009, 11:48 PM
I just updated my information on the GC page. You may need to go into your profile and update a few things due to the new upgrades. For those of you that own a PN series I was pleasantly suprised with the new straight to gps feature. A quick download and putting caches into my PN-20 is now one click shopping. I might have to spring for the PN-40 now and give the 20 to the kids!:)

Well, a 40 for a 20 and that one to the kids sounds like a plan. I had one a Geocaching teeshirt today and my granddaughter at 19 months was pointing at the GPSr. LOL :)