View Full Version : Palm Centro Smartphone

Beach Comber
02-17-2009, 02:23 PM
Am looking into upgrading my cell phone and this one caught my eye. I have an iPAQ that I use for cachemate and I periodically have problems with it. I would also love to eliminate carrying three devices (phone, iPAQ, GPS) and this seems like a viable option. It has a Palm OS platform and should accomodate Cachemate. Does anyone have this? And use it for this purpose? Any feedback is much appreciated!!!

Beach Comber
02-27-2009, 04:45 PM
I went out on a limb and bought this phone. Love it!!! I successfully loaded Cachemate on it, imported caches, and am ready to cache without a second device for cachemate. Is great!!!

vicbiker
02-27-2009, 06:30 PM
I went out on a limb and bought this phone. Love it!!! I successfully loaded Cachemate on it, imported caches, and am ready to cache without a second device for cachemate. Is great!!! You ever wonder how the caveman geocached without all this modern technology? :rolleyes: Probably just let Dino sniffed them out.:D

Ekidokai
02-27-2009, 08:07 PM
They didn't geocache.

WhereRWe?
02-28-2009, 06:16 PM
I went out on a limb and bought this phone. Love it!!! I successfully loaded Cachemate on it, imported caches, and am ready to cache without a second device for cachemate. Is great!!!

One of these days, I'm gonna upgrade from my extremely basic, absolutely no frills, cell phone. But they'll have to put up a lot more towers in my area first! LOL!

attroll
02-28-2009, 11:09 PM
Blackberry is the way to go but that is my opinion.

pm28570
03-01-2009, 11:36 AM
I would echo Attroll's comment. I've started to use my Blackberry for paperless caching and is working out quite well. Visit www.cacheberry.com for more info about using cacheberry. Plenty of service providers now offer Blackberrys relatively inexpensive with new contracts. You still can paperless cache with it while not signing up for Blackberry service. Oh yeah.....you can even make or receive calls on it.;)

Blackberry is the way to go but that is my opinion.

Ekidokai
03-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Radio calls or phone calls?

Where would a person plug one into a jack out on the road?

I knew a few phone booths that had jacks back in the day, but even those are gone now.