View Full Version : Wwwwww5

Mainiac1957
02-19-2009, 04:14 PM
So who from the Bangor area is planning to make the Winslow event this year? Kathie and I are going to be there. I haven't missed one yet.:cool:

pm28570
02-19-2009, 05:03 PM
I've got it in the queue of things for this weekend, but won't really know until Friday evening/early Saturday morning due to family obligations. That said, my intention is to be there.

pjpreb
02-19-2009, 06:54 PM
We have a conflict with the Norway fishing derby. :( Last year our friend's daughter won a derby prize when she caught a 6 lb salmon in front of our camp. :) Saturday looks like the better weather day of the weekend so we'll be out fishin' (and probably shovelling the camp roof in between) We also need to do some maintenance on "Big Penn" while we are there.

Hate to miss this one as it is always a great time (and the whoopie pies....ohhhh the whoopie pies!)

fins2right
02-19-2009, 10:09 PM
The fins and suited pair will be there. We all originate from the Bangor area, does that count? (go Hampden Academy!) :) I have hidden 5 caches in the Oakland / Waterville area that are set to go active Saturday morning. Nothing special, but I thought people might enjoy a few new caches. Happy Hunting!

EMSDanel
02-19-2009, 10:37 PM
We'll be there....

Mapachi
02-20-2009, 09:19 AM
The fins and suited pair will be there. We all originate from the Bangor area, does that count? (go Hampden Academy!) :) I have hidden 5 caches in the Oakland / Waterville area that are set to go active Saturday morning. Nothing special, but I thought people might enjoy a few new caches. Happy Hunting!
I live 15 miles south of Winslow.....This "people" will enjoy new caches in the area. Shotgun and I will be there!

hollora
02-20-2009, 09:22 AM
Working :(:(:( Sure will miss seeing everyong and also the great food! Hope everyone has a great time!

Ekidokai
02-21-2009, 12:43 PM
Me too. Doing a paranormal seminar at the Bangor library today.

dubord207
02-21-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks to Bruce for another fine and well-attended event and thanks to those that put out those easy caches for those of us with "temporary caching limits.":)

WhereRWe?
02-21-2009, 07:28 PM
Sheesh! Everyone seems to have had fun. By my count, we had 58 cachers at the event.

I do want to apologize for the way I handled one thing...

I gave away an old-but-still-useful copy of Delorme's Street Atlas USA software. I asked "Who wants it??" and gave it to the person whose hand I saw first. I thought about this later, but feel I should have had it available to all who had their numbers drawn for a door prize - the first number drawn the option of taking the software or not, and then the second, and so on. This bugs me. Sorry about that. I learn something every year! LOL!

Oh and make sure you pick up your geocoins/TB's if they did not go with someone else. I grabbed all the TB's that were left, but there were a LOT of geocoins listed that I never saw. PICK THEM UP! (Thanks...)

fins2right
02-21-2009, 08:46 PM
Thanks for a great event. Looking forward to next year!!

EMSDanel
02-22-2009, 01:07 AM
Thanks to Bruce for hosting yet another gathering of friends....

vicbiker
02-22-2009, 10:50 AM
Thanks Bruce, always look forward to this one. We are doing our winter event close to the road this year, so maybe you can come hang out at the fire.

Medawisla
02-23-2009, 07:51 PM
I enjoyed half a zorro in amongst the catching up with several caching friends! Thanks for hosting WhereRWe? and RULost2? :cool:

WhereRWe?
02-24-2009, 02:56 PM
Sheesh! "SuitedPair" just posted an "attended" log entry for WWWWWW5, and it was so good, I have to post it here:

"We went westward willingly! Weather was wicked warm. Watched waypoint warriors waiting woefully while wondering which 'wich we would want. We were welcomed warmly. Wingding was wonderful!"

Great! LOL!

hollora
02-24-2009, 03:17 PM
Sheesh! "SuitedPair" just posted an "attended" log entry for WWWWWW5, and it was so good, I have to post it here:

"We went westward willingly! Weather was wicked warm. Watched waypoint warriors waiting woefully while wondering which 'wich we would want. We were welcomed warmly. Wingding was wonderful!"

Great! LOL!

That's very cute!

EMSDanel
02-24-2009, 05:38 PM
Weally .....Wow!

pjpreb
02-24-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm humbled by their creativity. Hats off to a really terrific post! :)

Medawisla
02-25-2009, 09:35 PM

Great! LOL!

What wit WhereRWe?!

Thanks for sharing:cool: