View Full Version : Delorme

Haffy
04-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Just happened to see on Delorme's site that they are going to have a booth at the Augusta Sportsman show on April 3-5 where they will be demoing the new PN-40,wish I could attend.

attroll
04-03-2009, 07:41 PM
I currently have a PN-40 on loan from Delorme and I am very impressed with how well it has improved over the PN-20. I am still playing with it and have not found anything that I do not like about it.

fins2right
04-04-2009, 12:31 PM
I'm giving some serious thought to upgrading and letting the kids use my PN-20

Ekidokai
04-04-2009, 02:20 PM
Just happened to see on Delorme's site that they are going to have a booth at the Augusta Sportsman show on April 3-5 where they will be demoing the new PN-40,wish I could attend.

Wish I had known about this sooner. I can't go now.

brewmaine
04-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I think I may go tomorrow seeing I am looking for a outdoor gps unit and am still looking at all differant kinds so that will give me another one to check out though it may be more than i can aford .

hollora
04-05-2009, 08:29 PM
Had hoped time would allow to visit this on the way back from our Southern Maine run this weekend.....regretfully didn't happen. We just ran out of time.

I know DeLorme was invited to participate in the Sportsman Show in Orono this year. They declined putting in a booth (guess there just aren't enough folks in the upper part of the state). I will applaud them, however, as they did generously support the PCCA (show producer/sponsor) with a generous donation of goods for door prizes.

Any news out there from folks using the product in the field?

Moonsouth
04-05-2009, 08:41 PM
I was running a booth today at the show and got to talk to chip noble for a long while. I bought a PN-40 for 100$ cheaper cause it was at the show. He also gave me an Eartha coin. LUCKY ME!

hollora
04-05-2009, 09:36 PM
I was running a booth today at the show and got to talk to chip noble for a long while. I bought a PN-40 for 100$ cheaper cause it was at the show. He also gave me an Eartha coin. LUCKY ME!

Yes, lucky you and I had already figured out their strategy..........hence the reason I am bumming we didn't stop...........but I would not have bought a unit ............so I probably wouldn't have gotten a coin.

Good snag - and enjoy! Hope the unit works out for you!

brewmaine
04-05-2009, 09:46 PM
I went and got to meet MoonSouth I saw him when he was buying the PN-40 I didn't know it was him till later when I met him at the booth he was at. I checked out the PN-40 and seems great but may be out of reach for me though I am on the hunt for a outdoor unit. I personally wasn't in the service due to medical reasons but have the utmost respect for MoonSouth and the rest of you who have served and protected our country. I hope to meet a lot of you perhaps this year out and about.

hollora
04-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I went and got to meet MoonSouth I saw him when he was buying the PN-40 I didn't know it was him till later when I met him at the booth he was at. I checked out the PN-40 and seems great but may be out of reach for me though I am on the hunt for a outdoor unit. I personally wasn't in the service due to medical reasons but have the utmost respect for MoonSouth and the rest of you who have served and protected our country. I hope to meet a lot of you perhaps this year out and about.

And we hope to meet you too! :) I am not buying new units this year - coin or no-coin.........but glad.....Moonsouth was the recipient of one of their marketing incentives. I am sure they are deserving and this is a good thing.

I missed getting there by timing on other reasons to be in Southern Maine. Doesn't matter - sure I would not have purchased a DeLorme item and therefore would have been excluded from receiving one of the coveted coins.

Am just thrilled that I could help Team Richard garnish one off the Bears in the Bushes cache.

Cache on - Cache happy - everyone does a coin for their own peronsal reasons - this one (IMHO) was purely commerical and for marketing...........or otherwise - why has Team Delorme not responded to my emails about the Geocoin Mailing list or my upcoming trip to AK?

Not trying to create a stir but just trying to ask why - no response to an invite to join a list OR to allow one of these coins to be placed in a cache in AK!

Personal emails sent with no response. How sad is this?

WhereRWe?
04-06-2009, 06:42 AM
I was running a booth today at the show and got to talk to chip noble for a long while.

I'm pretty sure that Chip is "Team Delorme", who is a member of GeocachingMaine.org. We should invite him to one of our geocaching events.

:D:D

Moonsouth
04-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Haha btw I forgot to add...I recieved the coin BEFORE buying the unit, maybe this was just to get me to buy the unit, but had I bought one or not I would still have the coin. : ) He was happy to talk to someone about geocaching...he gave a seminar at Bass Pro a while ago and only 2 people attended, he said he talked more geocaching with me than at the seminar lol. So maybe to butter me up but either way it was Not because I had already bought the unit.

Moonsouth
04-06-2009, 08:03 AM
I'm pretty sure that Chip is "Team Delorme", who is a member of GeocachingMaine.org. We should invite him to one of our geocaching events.

Chip is a way cool guy. I think we should. : )

hollora
04-06-2009, 09:33 PM
Invite him, can't he read about events like the rest of us and come? Geeesh, they even had an event last year with Team DeLorme sponsoring.

WhereRWe?
04-07-2009, 07:46 AM
Invite him, can't he read about events like the rest of us and come? Geeesh, they even had an event last year with Team DeLorme sponsoring.

I was thinking that if we ask him to put on a demonstration of Delorme products...

I love having "Street Atlas" maps as I can print maps for caching trips that make it much easier to plan a route and make sure we optimize our time.