View Full Version : Kayaking Loon tops 500!!!

EMSDanel
04-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Yow!! Do I read things correctly that in the past few days you found 40 caches and soared right by the 500 mark? Well now, Lady, you do things in style. Congratulations on making that 500 find plateau! We're just going to have to invite you back down for dinner..... ;)

Team2hunt
04-28-2009, 06:16 AM
Congrats on your 500th find. A very nice milestone for sure.

And for all of the beautiful caches that you have placed also. Thanks!

Eustis here we come. See you again this Fall. :):D

Hiram357
04-28-2009, 06:51 AM
congrats! what's the total mileage on those numbers??? :D;)

pm28570
04-28-2009, 08:07 AM
Congratulations! Which one was your favorite?

al'Thor
04-28-2009, 08:12 AM
Way to go!!! Congrats!!!!!

hollora
04-28-2009, 08:32 AM
A special milestone - and summer is on it's way! I know each one was special in its own way! Here's to many more. Cache on - cache happy!

Ekidokai
04-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Very cool.

kayaking loon
04-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Yow!! Do I read things correctly that in the past few days you found 40 caches and soared right by the 500 mark? Well now, Lady, you do things in style. Congratulations on making that 500 find plateau! We're just going to have to invite you back down for dinner..... ;)

Yep, you read correctly! The trip to Orrington last summer helped a lot, I think I found 100 that week. And more caches being placed within striking distance of Eustis helps... And a couple of trips with IAMPAW helped (she caches from sunup until sundown...). I remember when I posted a message called "Kayaking Loon staggers up to her 100th cache" and everyone said "it will get easier" ... and it did, it is, it's great! We've rented a place in Eastbrook for a week late August so dinner in Orrington again is a possibility, I really enjoyed that last year!

kayaking loon
04-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Hmmmm. I'll need to think about that. We're off to Boston for a couple of days so I'll have lots of time to think about caching... and I may find a few there (very few...). I'll try to list some favorites when I get back. Cache on!

vicbiker
04-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Congratulations Jean on a big accomplishment, especially for some one that lives where you do. Having a great chauffeur doesn't hurt either.

EMSDanel
04-28-2009, 10:30 PM
So it's Eatbrook this year.....Molasses Pond? Webb? Scammon? Be sure to visit Big Rock! GC12Q80 and Graham Lake Falls GC13QTQ. Well, there's a bunch to be had in the area..... Let us know the dates and we can have a "get together" again...

EMSDanel
04-28-2009, 10:31 PM
Ooops...meant to say Eastbrook......maybe I was thinking about the dinner again...

dubord207
04-29-2009, 05:21 PM
Hey, you "kicked it up a notch!" So did you need snowshoes the last few days or has spring finally come to the Eustis area? Great milestone, Jean. Now on to 1000!:)

brewmaine
04-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Way to go!! Congratulations

Team Richards
04-29-2009, 06:42 PM
Congratulations Jean and Stan!! Way to go. You have placed some great caches that get people out into very pretty areas. After that hike on Sugerloaf I know you don't away form the hard ones when finding them either.

kayaking loon
05-02-2009, 07:51 AM

OK. I've thought about this and I have several favorite caches, or perhaps I should say favorite cache experiences because sometimes it's a combination of things that makes it great. For me those things are woods; water of most any type (stream, lake, river, ocean...); a cache big enough so maybe, just maybe, there's a great signature item in it or something I want to trade for; good weather, no bugs, no muggles, the possibility of a wild animal sighting... It's the sum of everything that makes you remember the cache so kindly and want to go out and have more of those experiences...

That said:

Heald Stream Rails To Trails. Got a DNF on it late the day before. Went back early the next day, cold, sunny, first snow on the distant mountains, foliage. Found the cache and a moose came out on the other side of the stream. Showed her the cache, explained caching... she seemed interested.....

Jolly Roger... great beach, three signature items in it that I wanted!

Rangeley Celebration.

Pickle Hill. Wish I'd put that one out....

Toby Falls. I love waterfalls and this one had the most beautiful fairy house I've ever seen, not with the cache but near it. I wonder if it's still there.....

And many, many others....

pm28570
05-02-2009, 08:19 AM
It's not an easy question, is it? What a great answer, thank you for taking the time to consider it and responding. See you on the trail!

OK. I've thought about this and I have several favorite caches, or perhaps I should say favorite cache experiences because sometimes it's a combination of things that makes it great. [QUOTE]